Author Topic: Control Room Sovereign Sect Part 3 Ep. 1 "Silas Baxter Neal"  (Read 7264 times)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290

homegrown83

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -83
Re: Control Room Sovereign Sect Part 3 Ep. 1 "Silas Baxter Neal"
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 11:03:24 AM »
The guy never ceases to amaze me.

thebacker

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 11:06:38 AM »
beautiful skating

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 11:09:43 AM »
feeble gap to back tail was sick i always love new silas footy

pizza bitch

• Rep: 129
  • mhmmmmmmmm
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 11:34:15 AM »
Back tail fakie-ers stand up

themanwhomakes

• Rep: -5
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 11:34:47 AM »
Can’t stress enough how much the world needs more skate videos with Animal Collective and Panda Bear. The whole thing was unexpected and pretty damn great.
One post in and he's threatening pro skaters with violence over their shitty bands. Best first post ever?

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 11:41:00 AM »
Good skating, absolutely HORRIBLE music, jesus. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse than mumble rap. That shit hurt my ears so much I HAD to mute it. What the fuck is that annoying sound they thought was a good idea to run as the backbone of the song?!

I'm sorry, but music is absolutely crucial - makes or breaks a part. So many people are blowing it on that tip these days. I feel bad for Silas because everything else was good. But maybe I'm just old and this noise is what people consider dope nowadays.

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2018, 11:47:02 AM »
Amazing.

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2018, 11:56:14 AM »
Good skating, absolutely HORRIBLE music, jesus. Just when I thought it couldn't get worse than mumble rap. That shit hurt my ears so much I HAD to mute it. What the fuck is that annoying sound they thought was a good idea to run as the backbone of the song?!

I'm sorry, but music is absolutely crucial - makes or breaks a part. So many people are blowing it on that tip these days. I feel bad for Silas because everything else was good. But maybe I'm just old and this noise is what people consider dope nowadays.

get some taste, Panda Bear is great
went well with the video

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 425
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2018, 12:09:03 PM »
Some of those Portland spots are insane. Glad to see he's still killing it.

Irvine-Sucks.com

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 12:15:16 PM »
this fucking ruled, but i'm so confused by how they are naming things. is it part three or episode 1?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

SWPhillyFloater

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2018, 12:19:54 PM »
Wow, amazing. That wallie to front 50 on that round rail around the 2:27 mark was my favorite clip.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 12:28:29 PM »
Silas is a skater who has finesse and good taste.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 12:37:45 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

went well with the video

I'm sure it's great if you're an emo teenager or something, but the name of the band is Panda Bear, c'mon. I just tried a few of their songs on youtube and all of them were worse than the one in this part.   

I have no issue with music I don't like being in a part, as long as it fits or doesn't distract from the skating. That Animal Collective song in JJ's Mindfield part is a good example - it works, but I would never listen to that band. THIS song, however, has some crazy obnoxious noise the whole time that sounds worse than nails on a chalkboard. They should have just axed that one sound and it would be much more listenable.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 12:46:56 PM by Budgie Lasek »

Gino's Back 180 Nosegrind

• Rep: 34
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2018, 01:02:43 PM »
That Mount Kimbie band they've been using in these are really good! Silas is the shit, dropping parts out of nowhere cus he don't give a fuck

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2018, 01:04:18 PM »
Main song really, really sucked, but god damn the skating was superb.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2018, 01:13:44 PM »
Goddamn Silas went hard for this. I’m enjoying these control room edits, they’ve been sick so far!

I like the song.
p-shuvs and v-flips

MeowPlease

• Rep: -4
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2018, 01:34:55 PM »
I don't even turn the sound on when watching skate videos online anymore. I'm glad I didn't on this one based on some of the comments. TBH I am also working in a record store and think it's in bad taste to make customers listen to the sound of skateboard but also Takeshi Terauchi is better than 97% of what is in any skate video. That being said praise be to Silas that whole thing was really great I'm glad he has stuck around and continued to progress.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2018, 01:42:27 PM »
One of the best trick selectors in jah game

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2018, 01:43:10 PM »
Super good.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2018, 01:45:36 PM »
Superb.  Skating and music both.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 725
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2018, 02:07:51 PM »
speaking of underrated frontside flippers... that was tight

themanwhomakes

• Rep: -5
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2018, 02:26:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

went well with the video
[close]

I'm sure it's great if you're an emo teenager or something, but the name of the band is Panda Bear, c'mon. I just tried a few of their songs on youtube and all of them were worse than the one in this part.   

I have no issue with music I don't like being in a part, as long as it fits or doesn't distract from the skating. That Animal Collective song in JJ's Mindfield part is a good example - it works, but I would never listen to that band. THIS song, however, has some crazy obnoxious noise the whole time that sounds worse than nails on a chalkboard. They should have just axed that one sound and it would be much more listenable.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Have a nice day
One post in and he's threatening pro skaters with violence over their shitty bands. Best first post ever?

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2018, 02:28:20 PM »

Did you just coincidentally pick that song as an example? Because Panda Bear is in Animal Collective haha. Their music can be pretty abrasive, I'll give you that. I think it worked in this video too though.

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2018, 02:37:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

went well with the video
[close]

I still have no idea what one “noise” or “sound” you’re talking about. It’s an electronic song with electronic elements, in addition to worbly guitars and percussion.

Are you high? Or maybe you have tinnitus?

coneklr

« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2018, 02:37:49 PM »
God I wish one of his shoes would have done as well as the busenitz pro, his skating is deserving of more than he's ended up with

roomservice

• Rep: -209
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2018, 04:35:11 PM »
pleasantly surprised by the caliber of skating in this series, hopefully the rest will deliver.

Spaced Cadet

• Rep: 113
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2018, 04:39:33 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Did you just coincidentally pick that song as an example? Because Panda Bear is in Animal Collective haha. Their music can be pretty abrasive, I'll give you that. I think it worked in this video too though.

Ha, that Panda Bear band could learn a thing or two from those Animal Collective guys ::). I will say that particular Panda Bear song can be a little annoying. Once you notice the constant dog barking throughout the whole song it can be a bit much. Still an alright song.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2018, 05:24:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

went well with the video
[close]

[close]

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Have a nice day

Well, shit... you really got me there. I'm crushed.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2018, 05:43:22 PM »
Good God that was fucking fantastic. I disagree that songs fit and were kinda cool. Wallie to 5050 was sick as hell backside flip over the fence among a shit load of other things were pretty awesome.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.