Author Topic: Warmup / Session Routines  (Read 5046 times)

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
Re: Warmup / Session Routines
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2019, 10:29:58 AM »
I always try to cruise to the spot I want to skate to get the legs going, we don't really have open plazas here so warming up on the actual spots is a pretty brutal massacre (at least it is now at 31; I can do it if I have to, but I don't want to). I probably don't even flip my board for the first 30 minutes, I'll just push around and try to warm up every muscle in my body step by step not neglecting any movement or rotation because I've stuck things in my back and shoulders before trying to go all in with no preparation, so I'll do a lot of spins with shove-its and 180's every way in every stance gradually increasing the pop until I start feeling just right. At parks I'll just cruise around and ollie, crooked bonk, 50-50, nollie tail or front board shit, step hops and banks are good to get the legs going too. If there is a cone or a flat gap I'll do basic shit that doesn't flip over it for a while because I know I'm going to have a shit day if I start going for 360 flips straight away as opposed to learning how to feel my ollies for the day. Ledge or manual shit I just start with the obvious basics then work my way up. I don't stretch because I'm lazy and can't stick to a routine, but I should (I've done it before so I know how amazing it feels, but I just can't commit).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 10:31:44 AM by silhouette »

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1193
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2019, 12:28:13 PM »
stretch like i know what im doing (i dont). i find doing the russian crouch helps me the most and probably makes me look the stupidest at the same time.

Papps?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

quadcuff

• Rep: -6
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2019, 12:55:51 PM »
this thread is a reminder to stretch thoroughly

Buck Bundy

• Rep: 38
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2019, 01:18:40 PM »
I’ll be 38 in March. I lost all my shit when I stopped skating in my late 20’s. I was drinking heavily and doing a lot of blow. I gained 50lbs and when I started skating again at 33/34 I couldn’t do anything. Ive stoppped drinking and doing coke and lost all the weight I put on, but I fucked myself and skating is completely different now. My warm up routine is my session. Stretch, roll around, try to do 180’s/Ollie’s every way, switch shuv, and if I’m really lucky, a kickflip. I hate how different it is now. Im happy as fuck that I can still skate, but I miss being good at it. I’m not one to preach to anyone about drinking and partying...but take it from me kiddo’s, it WILL catch up to you and fuck up your skating.

DiscountCanofTuna

• Rep: 7
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2019, 04:41:09 PM »
Aside from pushing from the station to the park I kinda just start skating badly and on a good day it slowly gets better
2023 Slap Pals Fantasy Football Champion

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2019, 06:00:34 PM »
Expand Quote

But really, having my front foot run over by a bus of mentally challenged and disabled people when i was 11 is really catching up to me decades later.
I’m lucky to do still this, cant complain
[close]

Shouldn’t have fallen off the bus brother.
Lol

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2019, 09:58:30 PM »
I’ll be 38 in March. I lost all my shit when I stopped skating in my late 20’s. I was drinking heavily and doing a lot of blow. I gained 50lbs and when I started skating again at 33/34 I couldn’t do anything. Ive stoppped drinking and doing coke and lost all the weight I put on, but I fucked myself and skating is completely different now. My warm up routine is my session. Stretch, roll around, try to do 180’s/Ollie’s every way, switch shuv, and if I’m really lucky, a kickflip. I hate how different it is now. Im happy as fuck that I can still skate, but I miss being good at it. I’m not one to preach to anyone about drinking and partying...but take it from me kiddo’s, it WILL catch up to you and fuck up your skating.

Minus the blow. Add a torn patellar tendon.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2019, 10:01:36 PM »
Ollie...nollie...fakie ollie.....switch ollie...fs 180....bs 180...half cab....fs half cab...fs 180 nollie...bs 180 nollie...switch fs 180...switch bs 180....

Front shuv....kickflip.....

When I can't sleep I picture this and....

Zzzzz.....it's like counting sheep....

olliehole

• Rep: 0
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2019, 10:34:34 PM »
Hardflip the local 15 stair

ndsr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2019, 03:43:25 AM »
Hardflip the local 15 stair
[/q
Enzo ?  Welcome to the pros!
uote]

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2019, 05:08:55 AM »
I march in place and swing my arms around, do jumping jacks and dynamic stretching.
Then I push around and just do nollie shuv it’s for about 15 min and then I’m warmed up.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Battery Aziz

• Rep: -1
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2019, 09:06:32 AM »
I march in place and swing my arms around, do jumping jacks and dynamic stretching.
Then I push around and just do nollie shuv it’s for about 15 min and then I’m warmed up.

Dynamic stretching before...static stretching after the session to avoid soreness

Vintagebody

• Rep: 76
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2019, 09:47:00 AM »
I'm pretty fit so it takes awhile to warm up.
Usually I do 20 standing side leg raises 3 times and some leg rotations. Then I skate around the park goofy and switch, so that both my legs get used. Und zhen its time to eaze on to tricks. I like to start with doing every ollie, then every shuvit, fs shuvit, 180 etc.

mpiss

• Rep: 2
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2019, 11:05:47 AM »
Skating to the slappy spot and doing some fs/bs slappies for a while, some kickflips off curbs, then cruise to the park warmed up.
The year is 2364. Frog will be the only skateboard company.

Halfcab180

• Rep: 8
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2019, 03:44:27 PM »
Have any of you noticed a substantial difference between stretching at the beginning and the end, and just at the end? I used to always stretch on both ends, but read that it isn't as important at the beginning as a general warm up. I only stretch at the end now, and haven't really noticed a difference. I also like to try a harder trick I'm working on into the warmup mix. Sometimes trying a new trick when I'm colder helps me figure it out because I end up doing it slightly differently .

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2019, 04:29:22 PM »
I’ve recently taken to hot showers before the session to loosen up the muscles. Then it’s the foam roller, downward dog, upward dog, cat/cow and butterflies. CBD ointment on hips, knees, and lower back. Usually like to walk to the spot, then just dorking around until my body is ready to dork around.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1193
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2019, 04:33:09 PM »
I’ve recently taken to hot showers before the session to loosen up the muscles. Then it’s the foam roller, downward dog, upward dog, cat/cow and butterflies. CBD ointment on hips, knees, and lower back. Usually like to walk to the spot, then just dorking around until my body is ready to dork around.

Are you 70 years old?
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2019, 05:06:01 PM »
I’ve recently taken to hot showers before the session to loosen up the muscles.

Interesting, i hot shower, once a day,before i do everything because i like being clean. i never thought this thing everyone but Marines do could help loosen up my muscles
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Jim and Dan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
  • Twenty-six Conversions in A.D. 46
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2019, 07:14:17 PM »
The fucking Mamushka, derp!

Roll for Rusty, Frip, Dapple and Tate

"My boiz better take my body, and boardslide me down the fucking bridge, in San Francisco"

TheLowerBack

• Rep: 171
  • GTU/FWD
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2019, 08:19:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you 70 years old?
Nah. 35, but I feel like I’m in my 70s. I’ve had three pretty serious back injuries and usually throw it out about once a year. Nerve damage, muscle tears, slipped/herniated disks, etc. I’d like to skate through my 50s, so I’m just trying to stay on top of it.

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1116
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2019, 08:39:13 PM »
100 Push-Ups

100 Sit-Ups

100 Squats

10 KM Running

Do this every day until your hair falls out.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2019, 08:42:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Are you 70 years old?
[close]
Nah. 35, but I feel like I’m in my 70s. I’ve had three pretty serious back injuries and usually throw it out about once a year. Nerve damage, muscle tears, slipped/herniated disks, etc. I’d like to skate through my 50s, so I’m just trying to stay on top of it.

I'd murder to be 35 again.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 977
  • the moon rules
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2019, 12:11:46 AM »
There’s a skatepark directly across the street from my house. I usually skate flat and a curb outside of the park. I warmup with some jump ropes, then ten kickflips followed up by ten jumps with the rope, and repeat till I’m burnt out and over it. That’s usually about a 45 minute endeavor before I leave to grab breakfast and go skate somewhere else. Very rarely do I actually go into the skatepark
fuck you bama

Brguy

« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2019, 09:18:26 AM »
I didn't used to do them, but since I twisted my ankle I decided to start doing the same deal before skating, all 180s and shove its variations then whatever more I can do, like 360 flips, hardflips, 360s and kickflips/heelflips if it doesn't hurt.

Pegasus

• Rep: 4
  • release the lobster
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2019, 12:58:51 AM »
sit on the ledge