Author Topic: Tony Alva  (Read 4726 times)

Steve Kelly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -227
Tony Alva
« on: December 29, 2018, 10:33:15 PM »
Saw him mentioned in the biggest ego thread. I’ve heard before that he’s a complete piece of shit. Anyone got any stories?

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

Re: Tony Alva
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 10:39:45 PM »
Saw him mentioned in the biggest ego thread. I’ve heard before that he’s a complete piece of shit. Anyone got any stories?
Saw him talk shit to a baby once. Sheckler had already kicked it's ass and Alva just came in out of nowhere calling it a bitch. Something about locals only or something. It was really awkward he wasn't very confident in his words and his bottom lip was trembling like crazy. Him and sheckler did a really strange handshake like they were batman and robin and took off. It seemed a bit passive aggressive though like they hadn't fully agreed on who would be batman.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 10:54:45 PM »
Funniest shit ever, was him at jays funeral. Motherfucker was like “you know everyone talked about the competition between me and jay, but he always knew who that was. He was the innovator or some shit.” I also saw him snake a kid with cancer once for some go fund me or some shit. Dude has the craziest ego of any skateboarder alive except maybe Danny way, and that dudes ego is as fragile as fucking Kevin Durant’s or some shit.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2018, 06:04:48 AM »
  Had a chat with Alva.  He's up there with Clyde, Peter Smolik, Quim, Rodney, and Spencer Fujimoto for pros that I caught on a really good day.  Tony will stop and chat with you like your his buddy for 10 minutes while theres 5 of his crew standing   behind him.   
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2018, 06:15:46 AM »
I met him at a Slam City Jam n he was really nice to me n my girlfriend.

club

• Rep: 20
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 08:02:21 AM »
Funniest shit ever, was him at jays funeral. Motherfucker was like “you know everyone talked about the competition between me and jay, but he always knew who that was. He was the innovator or some shit.” I also saw him snake a kid with cancer once for some go fund me or some shit. Dude has the craziest ego of any skateboarder alive except maybe Danny way, and that dudes ego is as fragile as fucking Kevin Durant’s or some shit.

or some shit

ratherwatch

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 08:09:31 AM »
To Jason Ellis at ASR:
"Don't do the X-Games, Ellis, don't be a sellout.
I asked them for a thousand dollars to give out the prizes and they said no."

nooky

• Rep: 9
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 09:04:48 AM »
I see him at the culver city park in the mornings a lot. approached him once and told him it was a honor to skate with him. he asked me my name and thanked me bringing a broom for the pool. could see how he seems mean to some people but whatever he's just a dude.

he's got some powerful frontside slashes though.
I started getting a lot better when I went back to college and started taking a lot of math classes when I was 31.

I figured out how to figure things out better, if that makes sense.

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2018, 09:08:30 AM »
Tracer thought he died one time.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1190
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 03:13:25 PM »
I also saw him snake a kid with cancer once for some go fund me or some shit.

Hahaha
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 03:29:33 PM »
dude he looked really mean in lords of dogtown

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 04:05:54 PM »
I asked him for a kiss and he said no. What a creep!

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2018, 04:23:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahaha

For real bra, I don’t remember where at or what for, but it was like some fucking make a wish thing. I don’t remember where it was fucking at in the United States, but TA was there, and this kid was a skater or whatever and had some brutal type of cancer, and was like skating a bowl for the last time or something, and so TA and I believe some of other pro goons were possibly there, and this kids ready just ducking roll into this bowl, and in comes TA. Like he’s reliving his fucking glory days in 1979 or whatever, and just snakes the absolute fuck out of this kid. Absolutely Spectacular. I seriously don’t know if I’ve seen anyone on a skateboard ever do something so dickhead. Also TA used to roll up in his rolls Royce which had a fucking beer/wine cooler as his trunk. Dude literally was hotboxing that thing 24/7 and doing wild ass shit at all times. That dude was the epitome of being a rockstar. Like giant parties all the time, traveling the world, dude came up through the east coast a lot for sure too. Overall dudes the biggest jackass bar none on a skateboard, but that’s also why he’s Tony Alava. Kind of fucking insane to think about how that dude was back in his day.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

wu tang joe

• Rep: -1
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2018, 04:53:46 PM »
He came to my local skateshop for some Vans thing to sign autographs. I brought my skate and destroy book and a brick for our DIY he signed both and talked to me for about 15 minutes about the photo i had him sign. It was pretty cool. Also he signed like three posters without me even asking for them. He signed the brick like the Alva logo. Seemed like a nice guy.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2018, 06:43:29 PM »
long live tony alava

KUberry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2018, 10:00:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Hahaha
[close]

For real bra, I don’t remember where at or what for, but it was like some fucking make a wish thing. I don’t remember where it was fucking at in the United States, but TA was there, and this kid was a skater or whatever and had some brutal type of cancer, and was like skating a bowl for the last time or something, and so TA and I believe some of other pro goons were possibly there, and this kids ready just ducking roll into this bowl, and in comes TA. Like he’s reliving his fucking glory days in 1979 or whatever, and just snakes the absolute fuck out of this kid. Absolutely Spectacular. I seriously don’t know if I’ve seen anyone on a skateboard ever do something so dickhead. Also TA used to roll up in his rolls Royce which had a fucking beer/wine cooler as his trunk. Dude literally was hotboxing that thing 24/7 and doing wild ass shit at all times. That dude was the epitome of being a rockstar. Like giant parties all the time, traveling the world, dude came up through the east coast a lot for sure too. Overall dudes the biggest jackass bar none on a skateboard, but that’s also why he’s Tony Alava. Kind of fucking insane to think about how that dude was back in his day.

Tony ‘Hot Lava’ Alva. It decimates the landscape and everything in its path. You can outrun the flow for a while, but eventually its going to catch up to you. And when it does, you’re going to get burned.

Far from relevant

• Rep: -100
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 08:46:04 AM »

No personal interactions, but every interview he or picture he looks pissed off.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 01:08:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Saw him talk shit to a baby once. Sheckler had already kicked it's ass and Alva just came in out of nowhere calling it a bitch. Something about locals only or something. It was really awkward he wasn't very confident in his words and his bottom lip was trembling like crazy. Him and sheckler did a really strange handshake like they were batman and robin and took off. It seemed a bit passive aggressive though like they hadn't fully agreed on who would be batman.

He also dropped that baby's carburetor into the ocean.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?