Author Topic: Andy Macdonald | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 126  (Read 16574 times)

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 686
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Andy Macdonald | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 126
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2019, 09:12:40 PM »
It's amazing how much money he made as a "professional skateboarder" in the early 2000s when no actual skateboarders cared about anything he did. Has anyone ever watched an Andy Mac part? Did anyone actively seek out the X-Games vert contest? The "core" skate industry is a drop in the bucket. Andy laughed all the way to the bank while we argued over hesh vs. fresh.
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Johnny Rocketflips

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -33
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2019, 01:43:42 AM »
Good episode, Andy is cool.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2019, 04:48:55 AM »
No, he's not.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2019, 07:04:37 AM »
No, he's not.

true, but was somehow interesting to hear his point.

As far as this being better than the Dollin episode, it was just better spelled. They are polar opposites of extremes.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

thomas kook

« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2019, 07:08:14 AM »
seriously feel like ignoring anyone who respects this dumb fuck dipshit but don't want this to become a huge echo chamber.

seriously did you guys all skip over the part where he's bragging about his part in amazon selling skateboards? do you hate skateshops?

straight fucking edge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2019, 07:58:49 AM »
seriously feel like ignoring anyone who respects this dumb fuck dipshit but don't want this to become a huge echo chamber.

seriously did you guys all skip over the part where he's bragging about his part in amazon selling skateboards? do you hate skateshops?

in anybody that would be shopping in a normal skate shop's defense, nobody is using any of the parts that make up his amazon completes.  his amazon presence I would presume poses no threat to any real skate shop.
i don't want to link to the channel because is promotes athiesm.

Johnny Rocketflips

• Rep: -33
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2019, 10:17:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

in anybody that would be shopping in a normal skate shop's defense, nobody is using any of the parts that make up his amazon completes.  his amazon presence I would presume poses no threat to any real skate shop.
Like he said kids get a better start in skating and will go to a skateshop when their Amazon board breaks.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2019, 11:07:27 AM »

Andy obviously likes himself a lot, do you really think he had thatbig of an influence with Amazon selling skate shit?

My bet is he overembellished that story just like plenty of others he talked about.

A company like amazon doesn’t really need to call upon a pro skateboarder to help establish their skate section. They could go onto ccs or tactics and see how they break it up.

He should’ve been endorsed by airheads instead of redvines

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2019, 11:56:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Andy obviously likes himself a lot, do you really think he had thatbig of an influence with Amazon selling skate shit?

My bet is he overembellished that story just like plenty of others he talked about.

A company like amazon doesn’t really need to call upon a pro skateboarder to help establish their skate section. They could go onto ccs or tactics and see how they break it up.

He should’ve been endorsed by airheads instead of redvines

Woooooow, that is the best one liner I've read here for a while haha!  The dude definitely comes off a little defensive like everyone's already going to make fun of him.  Seems like the kid who has gotten picked on and is then real ready to pull out his accomplishments and over-compensate.  Was a little out of place on a show where everyone's being nice to him.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

shitsandwich

• Rep: -53
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2019, 11:58:14 PM »
Patagonia sponsorship is pretty sick, Alex Olson is so jealous

Yeah it is, I didn't know how environmentally conscious they were and he even had me considering buying a jacket lol

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2240
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2019, 11:33:37 AM »
Funniest part of the episode was a skater C-Rob's age not knowing what lace savers are.

jockboy

• Rep: -18
« Reply #101 on: January 05, 2019, 11:53:02 AM »
yall like a gluten allergy lmao

causin problems when a niggas gettin bread  8) 8) 8) 8)

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #102 on: January 05, 2019, 11:55:26 AM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
« Reply #103 on: January 07, 2019, 06:19:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Patagonia sponsorship is pretty sick, Alex Olson is so jealous
[close]

Yeah it is, I didn't know how environmentally conscious they were and he even had me considering buying a jacket lol

love their jackets. definitely way sicker than a volcom sponsor

enjoying this episode so far, it kind of reminds me of the chiefs episode

daditude adjustment

• Rep: 21
« Reply #104 on: January 07, 2019, 10:55:38 AM »
I liked this episode. Made me respect Mr Andrew Mac more than I ever thought I would. Skateboarding means something different to everyone, made me really sit and think with that.

I love that skateboarding has room for so many different kind of weirdos, from Andy Mac to Dustin Dollin. Lance Mountain to Duane Peters. You can be a straight edge weirdo, or a drunk weirdo, and you can go rip.

I think what he did with Amazon is lame, but I don't think Jeff Bezos would never have discovered skateboards if it wasn't for Andy. Skateboarding is growing because it's fun. Andy Mac didn't convince people skating is safe, it's 2019 and skateboarding has been part of the cultural zeitgeist for a while. Cardio B is on the radio singing about eating ass. Things that were dangerous and counter culture in 1992 are no longer dangerous and are just culture.

billy.pepperidge

• Rep: -17
« Reply #105 on: January 07, 2019, 12:04:37 PM »
I liked this episode. Made me respect Mr Andrew Mac more than I ever thought I would. Skateboarding means something different to everyone, made me really sit and think with that.

I love that skateboarding has room for so many different kind of weirdos, from Andy Mac to Dustin Dollin. Lance Mountain to Duane Peters. You can be a straight edge weirdo, or a drunk weirdo, and you can go rip.

I think what he did with Amazon is lame, but I don't think Jeff Bezos would never have discovered skateboards if it wasn't for Andy. Skateboarding is growing because it's fun. Andy Mac didn't convince people skating is safe, it's 2019 and skateboarding has been part of the cultural zeitgeist for a while. Cardio B is on the radio singing about eating ass. Things that were dangerous and counter culture in 1992 are no longer dangerous and are just culture.
Would you kindly direct me to Cardio B's ass eating lyrics?

SkateToMOE32

• Rep: 1
« Reply #106 on: January 07, 2019, 12:31:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Cardi B’s new hit single “Money” has a line about getting her ass eaten. She isn’t the one doing the ass eating. She says “he gonna eat this ass like soup” followed by ad-lib slurping sounds in the background. It’s great. Cardi B rules.

Rappers have been making singles about eating ass since the 90’s though. “My neck, my back, lick my pussy and my crack.” The song “Put It In My Mouth” has the lyric “I’ll be sprung once I feel your tongue in the crack of my ass.” Granted these weren’t #1 hits but they were still singles and I heard them when I was a pre teen.

On another note, this Andy Mac interview was much better than expected. I listened to the whole thing. I don’t have anything bad to say.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 12:37:06 PM by SkateToMOE32 »

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2019, 10:09:18 AM »
Setting the record straight on ass eating in popular music. Thank you for your service.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2019, 10:23:16 AM »
I enjoyed the references to Ratz.   I skated the first location of Ratz in Old Orchard Beach sometime around '89 or '90.  They moved to Biddeford a year later and the park was sweet - all really well built and perfect transitions.  I loved the spine ramp into the bowl.  I wish we had access to video as easy as it exists now.  I have zero footage of me back when I actually was decent.

By the time Andy Mac and Chris Miller were there I had moved to college and my skating days were mostly done for a couple decades.

I ran into Tom - the owner - again in the late 90's at some mountain bike races.  Nice guy.  He unfortunately died of cancer a few years back. It looks like he designed quite a few new england parks and left a lasting mark on the scene. 

His daughter - Ellen Noble - races professional mountain bike and  cyclocross and is one of the top two or three US women.

EDIT: Found a good video of the Ratz in '91.  They had a perfect 40' wide vert ramp that isn't shown here. I had forgotten when the bowl was this big, but I did skate it a few times.  The next year is when they cut the bowl down and put it as a spine with the mini.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:44:40 AM by backinaction »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2240
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2019, 11:25:25 AM »
Guaranteed Andy Mac has never eaten ass nor had his ass eaten.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1212
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2019, 11:42:10 AM »

Too scared to get some doo-doo stains on his yellow tee.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2019, 03:25:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Cardi B’s new hit single “Money” has a line about getting her ass eaten. She isn’t the one doing the ass eating. She says “he gonna eat this ass like soup” followed by ad-lib slurping sounds in the background. It’s great. Cardi B rules.

No she doesn't
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Robert Baratheon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2019, 08:36:32 PM »

I dunno. He’s spent a lot time at Woodward over the years.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2211
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2019, 08:37:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I dunno. He’s spent a lot time at Woodward over the years.
Neal Hendrix probably ate red vines out of Andy's ass

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

fried

• Rep: 52
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2019, 11:30:26 PM »
Take a shot every time he says New England