Author Topic: Hip width doesnt have an upper limit, so why does deck length end at 32”-33”?  (Read 2907 times)

Gorillastyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -34
I have medium sized hips for a 6 foot 210 pound meat popsicle. A 32 or 33 inch deck simply isnt enough for me.
Only one brand i know of makes a
9x 35” deck and i have one and i love it. I simply dont understand why there arent more skateboard manufacturers that make decks for guys with bigger frames. Not every adult skateboarder has
16 year old hips and weights 140 pounds.

Tally810

• Rep: -9
I have medium sized hips for a 6 foot 210 pound meat popsicle. A 32 or 33 inch deck simply isnt enough for me.
9x 35” deck and i have one and i love it. I simply dont understand why there arent more skateboard manufacturers that make decks for guys with bigger frames. Not every adult skateboarder has
Man I feel ya but you are kind of blessed you dont catch a tail up your asshole every time you fail a nollie heel like I do.  Or maybe you miss that happening and need and 35" is your sweet spot  ;)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
I don’t think I will ever attempt one ever again without somehow armoring my taint. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Gorillastyle

Expand Quote
[close]
Man I feel ya but you are kind of blessed you dont catch a tail up your asshole every time you fail a nollie heel like I do.  Or maybe you miss that happening and need and 35" is your sweet spot  ;)
35 is my g spot.
I ride so much better with the extra 2 inches.
Bombing hills is easy too.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
Habitat has a couple decent shapes with a longer wheelbase

Gorillastyle

Not interested in decks you cant ollie

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
The zip ziiiiiiiiiiiiinger is fun af

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
[close]
Not interested in decks you cant ollie switch 1080 dolphin flip to fakie smith grind going three miles an hour at the skatepark and post that shit on instagram in ultra slow mo.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
have you heard of wheelbase? i feel like you'd be better served if you searched by wheelbase preference and not board length
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
If this 39" board had fewer bolt holes and cost about $50 less, I'd entertain the idea of buying it.

Arbor has other "hybrid shapes" that could be fun if you find the right price. There are a few shapes above 33" and their brand and graphics aren't as kooky as other longboards: https://www.arborcollective.com/us/skateboards/shapes.html?style_filter=756

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 279
I picked one of these up a few years ago.   39" with a 19" wheelbase.  Used it as a commuter board for a while and could kickflip it - but I haven't touched it in probably two years.

Earthwing Yoni 39

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
Just checked out some of those Earthwings. This 36" is $55 and looks fun. Now I feel like I have to get a long skateboard.

venture5.8

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 10
Just checked out some of those Earthwings. This 36" is $55 and looks fun. Now I feel like I have to get a longboard.

stokedtrout

• Rep: 4
I’m taller than you and heavier than you and I just ride widish decks with either 15” or 14.75” wheelbase. It’s all in the wheelbase because that’s what dictates the width of your stance, and I’m assuming that’s what your gripe is. Some of those Skull Skates have really long wheelbases to the point of them being a bit of a pain in the arse to skate.

What is it about a normal wide-ish deck, like 8.5-8.8 x 15”WB, that you don’t like?

Davie Dick

• Rep: 14
"I measure in at a WHOPPING 6 whole feet tall so I am forced to ride a longboard due to my extreme proportions. Why don't skate companies make longboards?"

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
Brian Anderson is 6' 4", and he skates easily accessible boards with a 14.5-15 inch wheelbase. I'm sure you are gonna be fine with a 32.5 inch length deck that has a 14.75 or 15 inch wheelbase. And smaller folks like Weeman or  really young and short park ripper kids like Logan Frank or Gavin Bottinger skate what look to be normal length/wheelbase boards and are fine.

Keep in mind also that mathematically hip width and your wheelbase/overall length aren't directly proportionate in their growth. You don't gain an inch in wheelbase/overall length for every inch gained in hip width.

In short, you'll be fine dude.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

ungzilla

who let this freak govt experiment out of his growth chamber