Author Topic: Whats more important for being a good skater: narrow hips or natural stength?  (Read 10307 times)

MexicanSpaniard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
over 25 posts, zero reading, op, get of.
[close]
What are you so upset about?
Im asking a good question on an issue that most pro skaters are probably aware of.
Why you russled?
[close]

alpha gorillas don't wanna see you drag your knuckles trying to pop a maneuver
[close]

Im not trying to offend you, but have you never actually considered what body attributes help/hurt skating ability?
Its simple geometry man. Like do you actually look at luan oliveira and bam margera and scratch your head wondering why bam cant skate as well as luan?
Cut me Some fucking slack man.

fuck your slack, bam used to skate and luan shaved his moustache = game over x2

Gorillastyle

• Rep: -34
I've pretty good pop.  I've always credited it with warehouse jobs when I was a teenager.  One job was stacking flyers off a conveyer belt onto a pallet until pallet was full.  Every 30 seconds for 12 hr shifts if the printing press kept running.  Lift properly, you're doing a helluva lot or body weight squats.  You could read in between stacks.  Tip for the younger ones, work hard labor for a summer and lift properly, you'll gain alot of functional strength without size.
Nice. Georges st pierre was a garbage man for years before getting into mma i read. Lifting weights for 12 hours a day def makes you stronger than anything you do in a gym.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • One Trick Pony

. Like do you actually look at luan oliveira and bam margera and scratch your head wondering why bam cant skate as well as luan?

Would've thought it'd be the coke binges and 20 year age gap, personally...

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
You’ve got a guy like Dennis Busenitz... all power, no hips.

Then we got Franky Villani.  Nice, big, beautiful hips but maybe not the most power in the world.

There are, of course, outliers which science is still struggling to fully comprehend:

Very inviting
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Gorillastyle

Expand Quote

. Like do you actually look at luan oliveira and bam margera and scratch your head wondering why bam cant skate as well as luan?

[close]

Would've thought it'd be the coke binges and 20 year age gap, personally...

Bam at his peak was probably equal to luans ability 6 months after luan first stood on a skateboard.
But by all means, keep countering my argument with things suggesting peak bam compares to peak luan. Makes my job easier!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 07:24:32 PM by Gorillastyle »

Gorillastyle

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Im asking a good question on an issue that most pro skaters are probably aware of.
Why you russled?
[close]

[close]

Im not trying to offend you, but have you never actually considered what body attributes help/hurt skating ability?
Its simple geometry man. Like do you actually look at luan oliveira and bam margera and scratch your head wondering why bam cant skate as well as luan?
[close]
If you're not taking the piss, you're saying that you got this far without considering stance? (not the socks)

What are you talking about?
Most pro skaters have similar stance widths because most decks are approx. the same length.  Diego najera rides
A 31.75 deck. But hes got pretty damn wide hips.
Its a disadvantage for sure but diego seems to have alot of power/strength to keep balance

PC Principal

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There are pro skaters with alot of natural strength (athleticism) but wide hips like sean malto and diego najera. There are also pro skaters that do have narrow hips but not alot of natural strength.

What is more important?

Obviously you can have both narrow hips and high natural strength and youll be an axe murderer like luan or you can have wide hips and no natural strength and be a bitch like sheckler.
[close]
Ignoring the thigh gap?
[close]
Wtf is thigh gap
[close]
pretty self-explanatory if you ask me
[close]

I don't get who in his right mind finds a female with a big thigh gap attractive.
[close]

I think its because nonathletic girls only look attractive when they starve themselves to maintain the weight they were at age 16. A truly athletic girl will look pretty even with some meat on her.
Every person is attractive bro... thigh gap or not.

emchen

• Rep: 20

Gorillastyle

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There are pro skaters with alot of natural strength (athleticism) but wide hips like sean malto and diego najera. There are also pro skaters that do have narrow hips but not alot of natural strength.

What is more important?

Obviously you can have both narrow hips and high natural strength and youll be an axe murderer like luan or you can have wide hips and no natural strength and be a bitch like sheckler.
[close]
Ignoring the thigh gap?
[close]
Wtf is thigh gap
[close]
[close]

I don't get who in his right mind finds a female with a big thigh gap attractive.
[close]

I think its because nonathletic girls only look attractive when they starve themselves to maintain the weight they were at age 16. A truly athletic girl will look pretty even with some meat on her.
[close]
You made an alias just to say that?

PC Principal

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What is more important?

[close]
Ignoring the thigh gap?
[close]
Wtf is thigh gap
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
Yes.. you started a new thread just to body shame?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2208
You just gotta have moves like Jagger.

Gorilla dude,hit up gideonchoi on here,  and work out a nice set of graphs, maybe a gif set PowerPoint presentation or something visually stimulating. I want the short husky dudes pairee to the tall stocky dudes and everything in between,even the female skaters,Leticia's hips against Lacey Baker's idk. I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Why you russled?
[close]

[close]

[close]
If you're not taking the piss, you're saying that you got this far without considering stance? (not the socks)
[close]

What are you talking about?
Most pro skaters have similar stance widths because most decks are approx. the same length.  Diego najera rides
A 31.75 deck. But hes got pretty damn wide hips.
Its a disadvantage for sure but diego seems to have alot of power/strength to keep balance

you are a trendy ass hypebeast jock. see you at the mall or prefab park.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What is more important?

[close]
Ignoring the thigh gap?
[close]
Wtf is thigh gap
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
Yes.. you started a new thread just to body shame?

You sir might be the best troll since tracer. Just raw talent for the artform of trolling on slap. Beautiful work sir. This level of petty I’ve never once witnessed to this degree on slap, and in character too. Please since u stole the username, keep that character going.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Dorknerd

Physics would suggest that wide hips with a stance to match would provide a more direct and more more efficient release of power.
If you think someone s hips being half an inch closer together is something you need to ponder (assuming you are thinking to improve your skating) then get a longer wheelbase. THAT is where the ratio works to make Westgate seem to get that little extra hang in the air. He’s shorter. Wheelbase ratio...✍️

Dorknerd

Tony hawksss knees made a triangle like a pyramid. 🤔🦓

Dorknerd

Probably shoulder breadth should be considered. Theloniois monk “you needn’t just came on. Boot me.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Between this and skateboarding hitting the Olympics, seems like a good time to get into the hip implant business.

kookshit

• Rep: -8
this thread is sus

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
Why's this a 2 page thread? Just skate

ChrisLambe94

I have honestly never once considered hip width in my 35 years of skateboarding. This isn't meant as an insult to you, OP...but it has never once crossed my mind. And I like dudes with big asses...and I STILL have never considered this as it pertains to skateboarding.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Man, bunch of HIPsters in here.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

pizza bitch

• Rep: 129
  • mhmmmmmmmm

Gorillastyle

Again, anybody who cant figure out that hip stability increases as hip width/leg Separation decreases is incredibly dense.
A normal 12 year old boy will tell you a pyramid is more stable upright than it is upside down, and you flunkee jokers cant even figure it out.

Literally you guys make the skateboarding community look like a bunch of mental defectives.

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
Neither - I think Those that excel have significantly better natural mobility then most. particularly in the lower extremities/ posterior (ankles calves hamstrings?

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
Literally you guys make the skateboarding community look like a bunch of mental defectives.

Haha. 

I’ve heard it said that in medieval times, the court jester could use his innocuous position to speak truth to power. 

PC Principal

Again, anybody who cant figure out that hip stability increases as hip width/leg Separation decreases is incredibly dense.
A normal 12 year old boy will tell you a pyramid is more stable upright than it is upside down, and you flunkee jokers cant even figure it out.

Bro, is there a problem with the mentally and physically challenged?

ScudMantels

• Rep: -104
Kelvin hoeflers hips dont lie, his thighs have a girth of like 24" but it looks like his upper body has a slight genetic build of a fat Jim bates. Since Nyjah has been part of the fitness gang and been taking what he hoped was a undetectable dose of dbols he's looking alittle top heavy. I truly think he was more capable when he had the 'narrow hip' build

Brguy

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Why you russled?
[close]

[close]

Probably because Bam was skating more than a decade ago and stopped before he could do anything worthy. Are you really dumb enough to compare a high level skater from today to one that didn't even turn pro legitimately a long fucking time ago? What's next? Are you going to complain how Rodney Mullen can't kickflip a 10 stair?

SkateChimney

• Rep: -29
Expand Quote
I have honestly never once considered hip width in my 35 years of skateboarding. This isn't meant as an insult to you, OP...but it has never once crossed my mind. And I like dudes with big asses...and I STILL have never considered this as it pertains to skateboarding.
[close]

are you or were you ever good at skateboarding? genuine question