Author Topic: Whats more important for being a good skater: narrow hips or natural stength?  (Read 10306 times)

mefrommaine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
wtf is this thread? firstly natural strength is not a thing if someone is strong it's because they spent more time lifting shit if you want to get strong pick up some shit its not predetermined dude. also why tf would you ever want narrow hips in skating?? there's another word for that, its knock knees. wider hips/stance equals more stability because of your lower center of gravity and it also gives you way better leg posture for jumping up on shit. you ever see box jumpers or other real athletes sticking their thighs together like fucking big bird before they pop. plus pretty much the only thing that determines wide/narrow leggedness on a skateboard is whether you align your shoulders forward or with your board. look at wade d vs brent atchley's style, its a shoulder thing your knees shouldn't be fuckin touchin if you're trying to work with your body's natural posture. just get stronger and your knees will drift apart and your "natural((wtf)) strength" levels will go up its not fuckin rocket science.

Save the dolphin flip

• Rep: -71
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
^^ what's all that bs bro science my dude? Lol

Wide hips are worse for skating

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

Gorillastyle

• Rep: -34
wtf is this thread? firstly natural strength is not a thing if someone is strong it's because they spent more time lifting shit if you want to get strong pick up some shit its not predetermined dude. also why tf would you ever want narrow hips in skating?? there's another word for that, its knock knees. wider hips/stance equals more stability because of your lower center of gravity and it also gives you way better leg posture for jumping up on shit. you ever see box jumpers or other real athletes sticking their thighs together like fucking big bird before they pop. plus pretty much the only thing that determines wide/narrow leggedness on a skateboard is whether you align your shoulders forward or with your board. look at wade d vs brent atchley's style, its a shoulder thing your knees shouldn't be fuckin touchin if you're trying to work with your body's natural posture. just get stronger and your knees will drift apart and your "natural((wtf)) strength" levels will go up its not fuckin rocket science.
I honestly feel bad for you bc i dont think youre trolling.
Please dont ever take a math or science class, little boy. If you do it will be a genocide of your self esteem.

Gorillastyle

Im still surprised so many people were not aware of the trend of narrow hips
Helping skating ability alot.

Billyjoesaunders

• Rep: -9
I don’t think it matters how your built for skating. You got people like Neils Bennett and mark Suici looking like frail little boys and then you got big boys like Andrew Allen and Jamie foy and weightlifting bum biebel. All good at skating just different styles
You be punching fresh air all night

Gorillastyle

I don’t think it matters how your built for skating. You got people like Neils Bennett and mark Suici looking like frail little boys and then you got big boys like Andrew Allen and Jamie foy and weightlifting bum biebel. All good at skating just different styles

Still. Why cant sheckler
Skate anywhere near as
Well as he could as a kid?
Look at the style difference between a narrow hip pro like kremer vs a wide hip skater like p rod or sheckler. What do you think is killing their skating besides wide adult hips
And leg stance?

Billyjoesaunders

Expand Quote
[close]

Still. Why cant sheckler
Skate anywhere near as
Well as he could as a kid?
Look at the style difference between a narrow hip pro like kremer vs a wide hip skater like p rod or sheckler. What do you think is killing their skating besides wide adult hips
And leg stance?

Drug and alcohol intake?
You be punching fresh air all night

Dorknerd

Did anyone say a shiny silver rump and post that pic yet? You know the one I mean.

mefrommaine

• Rep: -2
Im still surprised so many people were not aware of the trend of narrow hips
Helping skating ability alot.

I think trend sounds right because why tf would narrow hips be an advantage in any way

anontechnician

The weight of your body makes shorter motions when you turn and shift and so is easier to control

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
I think the penis is the best indicator of a good skater. Right? Or is it the Fred Gall bladder?

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
I think the penis is the best indicator of a good skater. Right? Or is it the Fred Gall bladder?

The lower the dick and balls hang, the more stable. But there’s the risk of landing and having your package slam into your leg giving you a stomach ache.

Fred gall bladder comes into play only after a sixer or two, then you skate faster since you have to piss. Science!!!