Author Topic: Show Me Your Curbs  (Read 53888 times)

redcurb12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 29
Re: Show Me Your Curbs
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2019, 11:21:54 AM »
Moved to California recently and don’t have a new curb spot.

said no one ever
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2019, 06:48:05 PM »

First ones got a bunch but that’s the main curb, pretty much a bust nowadays but you can get 10 minutes or so

Second one I stumbled across the first week I moved into the area, only seen two other people at the spot in 3 years and they were using it as a manny pad and not touching the curb

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2137
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2019, 07:16:45 PM »

First ones got a bunch but that’s the main curb, pretty much a bust nowadays but you can get 10 minutes or so

Second one I stumbled across the first week I moved into the area, only seen two other people at the spot in 3 years and they were using it as a manny pad and not touching the curb
Both of those look really fun

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

KookLover

• Rep: -3
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2019, 08:07:24 AM »

Is this in Chester?

doublesteveburger

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2019, 02:01:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Moved to California recently and don’t have a new curb spot.
[close]

said no one ever

fuck yeah dude

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2019, 03:44:38 PM »

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2019, 06:56:14 PM »

Sorry for the size.

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2019, 11:09:34 AM »
My favorite thing to skate when I visit home is the curbs outside of the town mall. As far as I know my friends and I are the only people that skate them, they are round and don’t really lock into anything but they are painted and we dug out the dirt on the planter enough to boardslide, and they have some fun corners and stuff. Ground is perfect too. When I’m home next I’ll try and take a pic of them.

I’ve always wanted to go to that famous curb spot that pros go to in LA under a bridge... did I hear at some point that it’s at a Home Depot?
(Cool Trick GIF)

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2019, 10:10:41 PM »
Down the street from my apartment. They don't care if we skate as long as the bank's closed. And the ground is all blacktop so it's basically the perfect spot. Sorry for the shitty pic, it's the best I could get from street view since I'm not home atm.

Wicker Park?
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2019, 10:17:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Down the street from my apartment. They don't care if we skate as long as the bank's closed. And the ground is all blacktop so it's basically the perfect spot. Sorry for the shitty pic, it's the best I could get from street view since I'm not home atm.

[close]

Wicker Park?
Logan Square

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Crustycurbcrew

• Rep: -2
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2019, 10:29:42 AM »
I'll send pics of mine when I get home, crusty as fuck

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2019, 10:37:39 AM »
I'll send pics of mine when I get home, crusty as fuck

They better be if you’re going to be struttin’ around here with a name like that.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2019, 11:04:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Wicker Park?
[close]
Logan Square

That looks fun, but... fuck black top.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2019, 03:54:57 PM »
This is an old picture, but this is mine.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

Crustycurbcrew

• Rep: -2
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2019, 05:59:50 PM »
  Here's a closeup I had to compress the shit out of to post, it's just long enough to get both trucks on, but its the only thing I have to skate at home.

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2019, 09:16:44 PM »
  Here's a closeup I had to compress the shit out of to post, it's just long enough to get both trucks on, but its the only thing I have to skate at home.
I rather skate this.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2019, 10:12:06 PM »

You skate The Thing’s penis?

Burntolive, I’m jealous.  That curve in it looks fun to skate.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

burn_to_live

• You had to be there.
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2019, 08:12:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You skate The Thing’s penis?

Burntolive, I’m jealous.  That curve in it looks fun to skate.
Yeah, its at some outdoor mall behind a Target, and I never get kicked out. The curve is fun for sure.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 937
  • U neg cuz UR insecure-glad I got under your skin
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2019, 08:17:57 AM »
I miss the round metal-edged curbs in New York. Those things are a slappy dream come true.

Right?

themanwhomakes

• Rep: -5
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2019, 08:19:25 AM »

Sorry for the size.

Chico! Such a trip opening this thread and seeing this, i remember when the curbs werent painted. The two little kickers, the flat gap over the island, the super smooth flat area up top, the bank by the street, and the health center are all within like 100 yards and alot of fun. That little metal box at the top of the pic is nose slidable. I learned ALOT of my shit in this tiny little area a long time ago so sorry for the nostalgia post slappers. I promise there’s waaaaaaaaaaay better curbs/spots in Chico if you actually look and push around town, but nobody has the balls or motivation to leave the fucking toxic cool guy skatepark. Genuinely makes me sad because for how small and skate stopped it is, theres some great shit to skate around town. More for me i guess :)
One post in and he's threatening pro skaters with violence over their shitty bands. Best first post ever?

burn_to_live

• You had to be there.
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2019, 08:29:49 AM »
Expand Quote
I miss the round metal-edged curbs in New York. Those things are a slappy dream come true.
[close]

Right?
Last time I was in SF, there were a few.

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2019, 04:02:07 PM »

She just got a brand new red dress too...
Is that in Concord, CA by any chance?

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2019, 11:10:14 PM »
Expand Quote

Sorry for the size.
[close]

Chico! Such a trip opening this thread and seeing this, i remember when the curbs werent painted. The two little kickers, the flat gap over the island, the super smooth flat area up top, the bank by the street, and the health center are all within like 100 yards and alot of fun. That little metal box at the top of the pic is nose slidable. I learned ALOT of my shit in this tiny little area a long time ago so sorry for the nostalgia post slappers. I promise there’s waaaaaaaaaaay better curbs/spots in Chico if you actually look and push around town, but nobody has the balls or motivation to leave the fucking toxic cool guy skatepark. Genuinely makes me sad because for how small and skate stopped it is, theres some great shit to skate around town. More for me i guess :)

That's fucking rad to hear man. This little parking lot/curb is where I skate the most in Chico and it's true there are a lot of hidden gems around here if you go hunting. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who hates the skate park and all the locals there. Good shit.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 11:12:07 PM by ihatejulio »

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #53 on: February 02, 2019, 05:50:11 AM »

First spot makes the 1992 in me very stoked. I mean this in a good way.

Shalom

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2019, 09:41:49 AM »
These curbs are  few blocks from my house. There is a long long downhill red one and a nice turned yellow one at the bottom. The asphalt is new and smooth. Only the occasional football dad likes to tell me I'm a bad influence on the kids....

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtXCwvwliTz/?utm_source=ig_web_options_share_sheet

chiefqueef420

• Rep: -6
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2019, 10:50:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Wicker Park?
[close]
Logan Square
[close]

That looks fun, but... fuck black top.
Really? I love black top for skating flat. Slippery enough to cheat any 360 variation I would usually have to pivot. Unless the black top lots I've skated are different than the normal ones.
i pop my shields and sprinkle some sand in there. i want to make sure i approach that ledge as slow as possible so i dont slip out on my 5050s

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 322
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2019, 08:46:27 PM »
I just rub bricked and salva sauced a parking block outside my work so I can skate while the ovens heat up, I’ll put up a pic when I can.

Ooooooooooooh yeaaah!!!
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #57 on: February 03, 2019, 10:39:12 PM »
Expand Quote
I just rub bricked and salva sauced a parking block outside my work so I can skate while the ovens heat up, I’ll put up a pic when I can.
[close]

Ooooooooooooh yeaaah!!!

Meant to say saliva. I licked that shit clean.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2019, 04:57:34 AM »
Jealous of those long painted curbs you americans have, here in Norway they’re always raw concrete, and usually made out of shorter pieces that often have wide cracks between them that need to be filled.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2019, 11:46:55 AM »
My friend brought a parking block into his basement and painted/sauced it so I guess it counts as a curb spot now
https://www.instagram.com/p/Btz04rVl7Ul/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=11rgqolj7cy73

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down