Author Topic: Show Me Your Curbs  (Read 12099 times)

NG

• Rep: 9
Re: Show Me Your Curbs
« Reply #90 on: July 24, 2020, 06:42:46 PM »
Bumping because I skated a curb that I used to skate 10+ years ago. Still grinds and a classic spot :)

https://vimeo.com/441494169

Thom

• Rep: 97
« Reply #91 on: July 24, 2020, 07:36:08 PM »
Super envious

DA BIG BODY BENZ

• Rep: -91
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2020, 10:56:26 PM »
Anybody have any luck doing ollies into nose grinds on curbs? I always stick, feels like if a curb or whatever isnt at least a foot high then you cant nose grind it( for me anyway)

Hyliannightmare

• Rep: -81
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2020, 03:55:38 AM »
Anybody have any luck doing ollies into nose grinds on curbs? I always stick, feels like if a curb or whatever isnt at least a foot high then you cant nose grind it( for me anyway)
100%

NG

• Rep: 9
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2020, 04:34:19 AM »

Super real. Never understood this... I've thought it's because of ollieing too high but I have not been able to figure out the finesse

ok boomer

• Rep: 242
  • I was like, ďDamn, Iím a fucking octopus"
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2020, 09:20:23 AM »

... and thatís not even everything on the first floor

This was definitely the spot to be in the winter for a while.

Of course some jerkoff kids kicked in some supply closet doors and like pissed on stuff and stole things and it was a bust for a full year

Now itís not so bad again.

I would enjoy skating this spot a lot. Thanks

Thom

• Rep: 97
« Reply #96 on: July 28, 2020, 09:31:58 AM »
Expand Quote

... and thatís not even everything on the first floor

This was definitely the spot to be in the winter for a while.

Of course some jerkoff kids kicked in some supply closet doors and like pissed on stuff and stole things and it was a bust for a full year

Now itís not so bad again.
[close]

I would enjoy skating this spot a lot. Thanks

If you live in NY/NJ PM me for a location

AngryBlackMan

• Rep: 27
« Reply #97 on: August 01, 2020, 05:58:57 PM »

Thatís a spot I prepped thats 15mins from the house. Thereís lots of other spots, but I live pretty far from most of them. I have one double sided curb spot but the ground sucks, and itís on a hill.

MichaelJacksonsGhost

• Rep: 19
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2020, 04:31:13 PM »

If anyone finds themselves in Long Beach, NY, this bad guy is on the corner of Oceanview and Kentucky. Somebody who isnít me coated it in a nice layer of lacquer and wax. Just needs to be skated a little more before it really starts to go.

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 534
« Reply #99 on: August 02, 2020, 08:23:10 PM »
Bumping because I skated a curb that I used to skate 10+ years ago. Still grinds and a classic spot :)

God that spot looks fun.  Looks like you could skate it half a dozen different ways.

JANUS

• Rep: 61
« Reply #100 on: August 04, 2020, 06:19:05 AM »
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

jay_nev

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #101 on: August 04, 2020, 09:59:06 AM »

that looks pretty perfect if i'd say so. even some shade. nice and long. no joints/cracks. some rub brick and lacquer then wax?

JANUS

« Reply #102 on: August 04, 2020, 11:17:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
that looks pretty perfect if i'd say so. even some shade. nice and long. no joints/cracks. some rub brick and lacquer then wax?

Yeah, exactly.
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Benchpress

• Rep: 7
« Reply #103 on: August 14, 2020, 06:19:41 AM »
Took a while to finally find a spot. Everywhere good around me was either surrounded by cameras or a bust. I'd been skating a curb that a slap member from my city had set up, but I'd drive a long ass distance to skate it, only to find it parked in front of.

Been working on this, rub brick and a coat of paint and it's looking good.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 876
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #104 on: August 14, 2020, 11:41:14 AM »
That looks so perfect.
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

habby

• Rep: 11
« Reply #105 on: August 15, 2020, 07:17:59 PM »
Took a while to finally find a spot. Everywhere good around me was either surrounded by cameras or a bust. I'd been skating a curb that a slap member from my city had set up, but I'd drive a long ass distance to skate it, only to find it parked in front of.

hot damn, how is she? looks so fun

Benchpress

• Rep: 7
« Reply #106 on: August 16, 2020, 05:49:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

hot damn, how is she? looks so fun

Very good man, run up can be a bit wild cause you've gotta carve around a corner coming into it. Went back tonight and gave her another coat of laquer. Roasted a whole can on it  Seems perfect now. I'll upload a few clips when I can.

Here's another pic from the first night I went.

JANUS

« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2020, 08:28:06 AM »
^Oh wow. Thatís nice.

Hairy Ballsagna

• Rep: 30
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2020, 04:44:52 PM »

Nice work. I'm digging the setting with the forested hills and red brick building. Whereabouts is this?

El Fapinator

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2020, 06:38:40 PM »

My spot Iíve been ripped it up

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2020, 09:27:00 PM »

Shitty pics, but someone near me has been doing God's work - gonna hit that spot in the top 2 pics later tonight I think

Thousandeyes

• Rep: 1
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2020, 12:24:50 AM »
First post! These are from the 808!!

I found these loose parking blocks from various areas around town and set them up on this mini bank. Theyre both really small blox. The more pale yellow one is way smoother and the bright one kinda sucks so usually ill just do some quick slaps on the pale one. Its a nice challenge cuz you gotta do this tight quick carve into it from the sidewalk.

Rub bricked the inside of this tight corner pocket, ive yet to slap it tho, its tighter than any corner ive slapped before, which is like 1.

Lotta options on this weird little oddity. Its the chillest spot, got shade, lots of flatground, and a bathroom.

Fun thing to do on this is slap onto the top instead of an ollie, then do a trick off the pad.

Seventyfrigginseven

• Rep: 121
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2020, 06:19:51 AM »
First post! These are from the 808!!

I found these loose parking blocks from various areas around town and set them up on this mini bank. Theyre both really small blox. The more pale yellow one is way smoother and the bright one kinda sucks so usually ill just do some quick slaps on the pale one. Its a nice challenge cuz you gotta do this tight quick carve into it from the sidewalk.

Rub bricked the inside of this tight corner pocket, ive yet to slap it tho, its tighter than any corner ive slapped before, which is like 1.

Lotta options on this weird little oddity. Its the chillest spot, got shade, lots of flatground, and a bathroom.

Fun thing to do on this is slap onto the top instead of an ollie, then do a trick off the pad.
Those look like really fun spots.