Author Topic: Show Me Your Curbs  (Read 53903 times)

manysnakes

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1118
Re: Show Me Your Curbs
« Reply #330 on: September 04, 2022, 09:54:33 AM »
Amazing. I wish I was a handy man and not some useless desk jockey.

You can be both. When I changed my career to desk jockeying, I started doing more handyman shit than I had before because now I had money and time, and I wasn't spending 8 hours a day fixing other people's shit. Still haven't built a curb yet, though.
This is not my SOTY. I'm telling my kids there was no SOTY for 2021

Easy Slider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #331 on: September 04, 2022, 10:44:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You can be both. When I changed my career to desk jockeying, I started doing more handyman shit than I had before because now I had money and time, and I wasn't spending 8 hours a day fixing other people's shit. Still haven't built a curb yet, though.

Yes but I am bad at building stuff. I once bought wood and a saw as I wanted to build a cabin for my wife‘s guinea pigs but it became a shaky death trap with nails protruding and the guinea pigs refused to set foot in it.  I also wanted to mount a mirror in my bedroom but when I was done I realized it hangs so low I can‘t see my face in it, only the lower body parts. I could go on.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #332 on: September 04, 2022, 12:47:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yes but I am bad at building stuff. I once bought wood and a saw as I wanted to build a cabin for my wife‘s guinea pigs but it became a shaky death trap with nails protruding and the guinea pigs refused to set foot in it.  I also wanted to mount a mirror in my bedroom but when I was done I realized it hangs so low I can‘t see my face in it, only the lower body parts. I could go on.

Nothing wrong with wanting to admire your own cock n balls

Dongy mcdongerton

• Rep: 0
« Reply #333 on: September 04, 2022, 02:21:54 PM »

Bricked and sprayed this today, should b fun

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #334 on: September 04, 2022, 02:47:43 PM »

That looks gnarly. Do you skate it into the bank or out of the bank?

Dongy mcdongerton

• Rep: 0
« Reply #335 on: September 04, 2022, 03:10:57 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It’s really only fun to skate into, you can’t really tell from the pics but it’s really hard to get enough speed skating out of the bank because there’s no run up to the opposite bank

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 632
« Reply #336 on: September 04, 2022, 06:13:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

It’s really only fun to skate into, you can’t really tell from the pics but it’s really hard to get enough speed skating out of the bank because there’s no run up to the opposite bank
That’s a sick spot though

Get hungry on it!

TheSickness

• Rep: 14
« Reply #337 on: September 05, 2022, 11:28:32 PM »
I live in Chico...I can put you on to some of the good curbs in town...I'm interested in where exactly this pic is in Chico???
Hit me up!!

I’ve been looking at houses for sale in Chico and found this gem in the process:

The yellow line in front of the cars is about 100’ of double sided goodness with manny pad/island sidewalks/gap as well. Didn’t have my board but next time I sure as hell will!

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #338 on: September 06, 2022, 12:45:44 PM »
That’s Neal Dow elementary. On Neal Dow in between 1st and 5th ave. No idea about security since I haven’t lived in Chico in about 20 years. Also, if you know where Love skate shop is there’s a red that starts out normal sized and goes up to about 2’ and drops down.

Also if you happen to see Dave and he’s wearing new shoes, please go drag yours across some asphalt and rub it on his shoe for me. I owe him one.
Thanks.

TheSickness

« Reply #339 on: September 06, 2022, 09:07:36 PM »
Is your name Fish?  If so I've been in the shop and been a long time Chico skate rat (sadly hung up the board for 20 years but back at it like a kid again)
Thanks for the heads up on the Neal Dow School curb...I'll have to check er out! Chico State has probably the best slappy curb I've ever seen...over by the dorms by Chico High football field...around 100 feet of banked red curb and lacquered up, smooth asphalt and 0 bust factor!! If you're interested I'll shoot you pics...and I got a few lil honey holes I can share if you're so inclined!!

That’s Neal Dow elementary. On Neal Dow in between 1st and 5th ave. No idea about security since I haven’t lived in Chico in about 20 years. Also, if you know where Love skate shop is there’s a red that starts out normal sized and goes up to about 2’ and drops down.

Also if you happen to see Dave and he’s wearing new shoes, please go drag yours across some asphalt and rub it on his shoe for me. I owe him one.
Thanks.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #340 on: September 07, 2022, 05:34:09 PM »
Nope not Fish, but I’m named after one.
Is the curb your talking about over off legion by Esken hall? Last time I went to go skate that they’d tore the asphalt out(summer before Covid). Yeah, toss a picture up. I basically grew up in Chico(85-2000)so I had a ton of spots but times have changed some.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #341 on: September 11, 2022, 04:57:20 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CiW0443DNB7/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Anyone know where this spot is at. Looks like somewhere in the OC?

TheSickness

« Reply #342 on: September 13, 2022, 11:52:01 PM »
Yep, that's gotta be the spot, but the asphalt is perfect and those curbs are so perfect for slappies! I lacquered them up a few weeks ago and they go!! Sorry no pics cuz I don't know how but you should definitely check em out!!

Nope not Fish, but I’m named after one.
Is the curb your talking about over off legion by Esken hall? Last time I went to go skate that they’d tore the asphalt out(summer before Covid). Yeah, toss a picture up. I basically grew up in Chico(85-2000)so I had a ton of spots but times have changed some.

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #343 on: September 16, 2022, 07:41:44 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cilx48psgoO/

The curbs at my local skatepark are always a good time. Nice and juiced up.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #344 on: September 17, 2022, 02:16:27 PM »
@jsettle rad clips sir.
@TheSickness Thanks for taking me to your curb and I was great to get a session with you after decades. Just a heads up, I’m going to start saying I’m down with the sickness. Oooo waaaahhhahahah!!
Thanks Slap for the 1 in a million shot of bumping into an old friend randomly online.
The power of curbs compels you

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1475
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #345 on: September 17, 2022, 05:13:13 PM »
@jsettle rad clips sir.
@TheSickness Thanks for taking me to your curb and I was great to get a session with you after decades. Just a heads up, I’m going to start saying I’m down with the sickness. Oooo waaaahhhahahah!!
Thanks Slap for the 1 in a million shot of bumping into an old friend randomly online.
The power of curbs compels you
This is so fucking sick.

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #346 on: September 19, 2022, 05:03:33 PM »
Our locals been open almost 2 months now. I guess it’s on me to get a curb going in the parking lot since nobody else will. Everyone wants to skate, butnobody wants to rub brick and laquer.

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #347 on: September 19, 2022, 06:37:37 PM »
Our locals been open almost 2 months now. I guess it’s on me to get a curb going in the parking lot since nobody else will. Everyone wants to skate, butnobody wants to rub brick and laquer.
Out there probably thinking buttery curbs just occur naturally.

Get hungry on it!

skatesum609

• Rep: 94
« Reply #348 on: September 21, 2022, 05:22:59 PM »
Buttered errr up after work today and trying to learn nose slide to crooks
This thing grinds like a dream
https://youtube.com/shorts/832MAGI3iCE?feature=share

Gene_Harrogate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #349 on: September 21, 2022, 05:28:29 PM »
Buttered errr up after work today and trying to learn nose slide to crooks
This thing grinds like a dream
https://youtube.com/shorts/832MAGI3iCE?feature=share
Looks great! Perfect height for that combo.

Get hungry on it!

BartHarleyJarvis

• SLAP Pal
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #350 on: September 22, 2022, 10:08:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

they must be from california smdh

FUBAR

• Rep: 231
« Reply #351 on: October 01, 2022, 06:45:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

they must be from california smdh
The funny part is I’m out East, but og from So CA so I know what goes into making a curb work if it hasn’t been painted red…those painted ones that aremade from that magical concrete are gifts from God.
There are some yellow curbs around that are skateable but they still need wax and some of them just crumble when you get on them. Also of note, I haven’t started the curb at the park yet because I found one across the street from the house and my rub brick has about one more curb of life left in it. I’d rather get that one going first since it’s closer to me. And yeah, one of the old bros that pretty much skate the park every day can/should get the park curb going. But in reality, it’ll probably be me.

jebaleba

• Rep: 1
« Reply #352 on: October 02, 2022, 02:22:07 PM »
Crazy Roadwalls have made mind blowing curbs here in Finland.

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
« Reply #353 on: October 05, 2022, 12:29:41 PM »
these sure are some goodcurbs

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #354 on: October 05, 2022, 05:18:10 PM »
Crazy Roadwalls have made mind blowing curbs here in Finland.

That looks fun as hell with endless possibilities.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #355 on: November 06, 2022, 11:51:36 AM »
Here's my new go to curb. It is a rare specimen of a lacquered curb in Switzerland, plus it's only a few minutes from where I live AND it has a lamp directly above it. I can only skate it on Sundays but I am not going to complain. The cracks look gnarly but I rarely hang up on those...

why come?

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #356 on: November 06, 2022, 06:36:34 PM »
Here's my new go to curb. It is a rare specimen of a lacquered curb in Switzerland, plus it's only a few minutes from where I live AND it has a lamp directly above it. I can only skate it on Sundays but I am not going to complain. The cracks look gnarly but I rarely hang up on those...

Nice find. Looks like the unpainted section is in pretty good shape too.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #357 on: November 06, 2022, 10:51:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Nice find. Looks like the unpainted section is in pretty good shape too.

It is, but it is too high for me to slappy, it‘s awkwardly close to the wall, and it is very raw so I would have to paint it and/or wax it like a madman, which might result in getting busted.
why come?

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #358 on: November 07, 2022, 05:00:36 AM »
Had to go renew my tags at the dmv and had no idea they had a perfectly new paved parking lot with this slappy curb. Its a little chunky bit its freshly painted so it grinds through the chunks easily. Very low curb and slightly slanted which makes for a fun time. There's also a few other things to skate at the same spot. Made this little edit from my first sunday sesh there yesterday. Its my new go to weekend skate spot for some mellow slappys.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkoeUpPpVeq/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

skatesum609

• Rep: 94
« Reply #359 on: December 10, 2022, 08:08:41 PM »
Had to go renew my tags at the dmv and had no idea they had a perfectly new paved parking lot with this slappy curb. Its a little chunky bit its freshly painted so it grinds through the chunks easily. Very low curb and slightly slanted which makes for a fun time. There's also a few other things to skate at the same spot. Made this little edit from my first sunday sesh there yesterday. Its my new go to weekend skate spot for some mellow slappys.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CkoeUpPpVeq/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Looks good! I just started to get my dmv curb spot going as well. My new go to after work curb(yellow painted curb spot)
https://youtube.com/shorts/qhV-Uv_hbL8?feature=share