Author Topic: Jake Rosenberg instagram files  (Read 2137 times)

natenola forever

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Jake Rosenberg instagram files
« on: January 04, 2019, 01:15:08 PM »
so i'm a fucking loser and took all the instagram clips from the early 90s that Jake Rosenberg was posting for a while and compiled them to one clip, also snuck a few Meza related clips in the end. hope yall like it

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
Re: Jake Rosenberg instagram files
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2019, 01:57:36 PM »
 :-*
You are my hero! This is stuff that I could watch repeatedly  ;D
Thank you!

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2019, 02:02:02 PM »
NBD's down lincoln hubba haha Fuck yeah thank you!

billy.pepperidge

• Rep: -17
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2019, 02:34:22 PM »
this takes me back, thanks!
around 14:30 'yeah dongmaster!'

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2019, 02:38:55 PM »

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2240
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 06:15:03 PM »
Damn just popped into watch it and it got taken down? Fuck that. I feel like skate clips should be free to re-edits as long as you give credit to the person.

Also I was gonna do this too. Upload to Vimeo and you shouldn't have a problem.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 12:46:41 AM »
Damn just popped into watch it and it got taken down? Fuck that. I feel like skate clips should be free to re-edits as long as you give credit to the person.

It was Jake himself that took it down, it's weird that he wouldn't want it up like that, maybe he was afraid I was gonna monetize it or something. My Vimeo account is way over the limit and if he doesn't want it up I respect that, maybe it'll motivate him to properly release it. I'm sure he can make limited run DVD that would sell enough copies to make a profit.

Tabletop

• Rep: -72
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 02:41:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
It was Jake himself that took it down, it's weird that he wouldn't want it up like that, maybe he was afraid I was gonna monetize it or something. My Vimeo account is way over the limit and if he doesn't want it up I respect that, maybe it'll motivate him to properly release it. I'm sure he can make limited run DVD that would sell enough copies to make a profit.

It’s his footage and he wants to control it, that’s not weird. He probably wants to keep it scarce so people hang off each clip. Let him do his thing.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 05:56:05 AM »
Would pay too much for all of his old film. That stuff is gold

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 06:30:21 AM »
Fuck that sucks this got pulled, it was such a good opportunity to present this footage again I was considering reposting your clip and writing an article about the guy for a website I work for. I hope Jacob realizes the world needs a compilation of all his gold of sorts, his IG / YouTube accounts are the best but the younger generations certainly aren't venturing towards that area of the Internet, hell most kids don't even have a clue about the original Plan B, I can appreciate trying to keep true skate culture an insiders' thing but in reality skateboarding really isn't a secret club anymore now so if one's goal is transmission of better values and alternative perspectives (as if to counter the rest of the commercial bullshit currently floating about that the kids otherwise get brainwashed by if anything) then maybe they should try putting something constructive / instructive together instead of boiling whenever somebody else tries to do it for them (implying the need to do so exists). I'm a big fan of Jacob's archives though, so I hope this means he's working on something with them.