Author Topic: Insoles?  (Read 15462 times)

VHS ERA

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Insoles?
« on: January 07, 2019, 05:25:41 AM »
I’ve been skating Adidas Suciu ADVs exclusively because that blue adiprene or whatever cushion is the best, but if I could make other shoes have a respectable amount of cushion with an insole I would be down to switch it up.

Is there a best one?

For reference, the idea that people skate Nike SBs is insane to me. Feels like you’re skating in just socks and my aching feet and arthritic bones can’t take it. Need more cushion.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
Re: Insoles?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2019, 08:22:42 AM »
Footprint Gamechangers

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 08:47:57 AM »
Footprint Gamechangers

I second that. It hurts just to walk a lot of days. Since getting these and using them everyday at my factory job, I've seen a huge improvement in my health when it comes to pain. I'd recommend these to anyone. Shipping took forever, but it was around the Holidays, so go figure.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

shit_for_brains

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 09:10:46 AM »
I'm skating the adidas 3st.003 with gamechanger orthotics and it feels like my feet are sucking each others' dicks while I skate

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 09:57:49 AM »
I don't know how you skated those Suciu insoles. I liked them a lot at first but after a while they were killing the arch in the foot i push with. While squishy, they didn't really give me any support. I had some luck going to a little shop in town that specializes in running shoes though. They watched me walk and jog to see if i over or under pronated and made some recs on insoles from there.

burn_to_live

• Rep: -26
  • You had to be there.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 11:27:00 AM »
I’ve been skating Adidas Suciu ADVs exclusively because that blue adiprene or whatever cushion is the best, but if I could make other shoes have a respectable amount of cushion with an insole I would be down to switch it up.

Is there a best one?

For reference, the idea that people skate Nike SBs is insane to me. Feels like you’re skating in just socks and my aching feet and arthritic bones can’t take it. Need more cushion.
I like the Adiprene, I'm skating the Superstar Vulc ADV. Very cushy.
Gonna go down to the Bronx and hang out with the gonx

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 60
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 01:30:12 PM »
I'm skating the adidas 3st.003 with gamechanger orthotics and it feels like my feet are sucking each others' dicks while I skate

Damn, I'm gonna have to get some of these.

Davie Dick

• Rep: 14
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 06:38:38 PM »
i'm standing on concrete all day at work and i've got some kingfoam elites in my work boots and they've solely rescued my aching feet. so take that for what it's worth, never skated them though.

Beeker

• Rep: 41
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2019, 06:52:19 PM »
i'm standing on concrete all day at work and i've got some kingfoam elites in my work boots and they've solely rescued my aching feet. so take that for what it's worth, never skated them though.

I got some game changers and hated them. Then found out I have a mid to high arch and got some kingfoam elites. They are the shit. My feet used to be sore at the end of the day and now I don't really notice it.

Smartass

• Rep: 46
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2019, 07:06:51 PM »
Footprint Gamechangers

^ This or Kingfoam Orthotics. I feel weird wearing shoes with out them now.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2019, 08:05:34 PM »

Wait everyone is saying Footprint Gamechangers or Kingfoam Orthotics, which are you talking about?

I too would like to experience this

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2019, 08:23:37 PM »
there are multiple options. you can get kingfoam or game changers in orthotic or not.

do you guys reheat the insoles when you switch to different shoes?

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2019, 09:26:32 PM »

I don't and haven't had any issue. But all my shoes are flat soles and the same size, not sure if that matters.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

stets

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 01:58:10 AM »
The drop in insoles in Vans Pro Skate stuff is goood. Basically like the drop-in insoles in Nike Kostons, but the Nike ones are a light EVA based foam (AKA Lunarlon) that packs out pretty quickly. The Vans Pro drop ins are Poly Urethane foam and that stuff is cushy and doesn't ever pack out. Probably about the same height as the adidas's insoles you are skating.

For what it's worth, the shoes that Supra makes that have thicker drop in insoles are also pretty decent PU foam.
Quote from: augustmoon
lol, don't let my sticker job keep you up at night, buddy

shit_for_brains

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 04:04:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I don't and haven't had any issue. But all my shoes are flat soles and the same size, not sure if that matters.

I only molded mine the first time and they've kept shape.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 994
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2019, 10:32:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I recently heated and remolded mine, I do it every now and again.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 10:40:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

How often do you wear them? When I first molded them they were a bit flat and didn't really show the contours of my feet. But since I'm on my feet 40+ hours a week, they've actually molded to my foot more since then. It actually looks like a negative of my foot.

On another note for people asking about FP Insoles. They don't fall flat like other insoles that I've seen. The arch support stays put. Which is real nice.

All the time

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2019, 11:12:15 AM »
This is probably a really dumb question, but are the Gamechangers supposed to be hard? Mine were pretty hard.

I’ve never tried the Kingfoams

shit_for_brains

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2019, 11:32:44 AM »
This is probably a really dumb question, but are the Gamechangers supposed to be hard? Mine were pretty hard.

They're hard-ish in your hands but they don't feel hard at all in your shoes. The firmness is because of the material that molds to your feet. Doesn't retain shape if it isn't firm.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1194
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2019, 11:40:07 AM »
Reading this thread is a great preview of the kinds of conversations we can look forward to while waiting in line for the early bird special at the Sizzler.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2019, 11:41:36 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They're hard-ish in your hands but they don't feel hard at all in your shoes. The firmness is because of the material that molds to your feet. Doesn't retain shape if it isn't firm.

That makes sense. I had some years ago and remember liking them but I recently encountered some and kinda forgot how they felt.

I’m probably gonna order another pair tonight.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2019, 12:45:46 PM »
I got a bunch of Lunarlons of a flow guy who uses a different insole. I use them in every shoe I wear, even my work boots. I’ve got a pretty flat foot, so the arch support in most other insoles hurt my arches.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2019, 12:55:56 PM »
The Kingfoam Orthotics are great, ive got them in shoes i skate, shoes i wear out when i have to dress up and my work boots. Never been disappointed and going from them to something i cant possibly fit them in is noticeable to the point of it being uncomfortable but not painful. Like the game changers, heat and pressure work to them shaping to your feet, you just dont have to bake them beforehand.

This is spot on too, it being summer here means im not wearing my shoes everyday after work. I pulled my latest pair out of my shoes and they were rock hard but i next time i wore them it felt like a pillow

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2019, 06:56:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

That makes sense. I had some years ago and remember liking them but I recently encountered some and kinda forgot how they felt.

I’m probably gonna order another pair tonight.

They heat up with your body heat. I have a pair of the game changers and in the cold they're like rocks. But on foot and warmed up they feel soft.

As for FP orthotics, they always felt too hard and hurt
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

daewonbong3000

• Rep: 10
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2019, 05:20:26 PM »

Are you feet sloshing around and moist when you skate?

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2019, 08:42:17 AM »
Since were talking about it, those of you who are also on your feet all day for work and ache... what shoes are you skating and what shoes are you working in?

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2019, 09:22:27 AM »
Since were talking about it, those of you who are also on your feet all day for work and ache... what shoes are you skating and what shoes are you working in?

skating the dc tiagos right now and have two pairs of huf dylans i wear to work. both with the fp kingfoam insoles.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2019, 11:27:10 AM »
Footprint Gamechangers
I used to think game changers where the best until I got the doctor scholls insoles that are at Walmart where you stand on the machine and get tour foot analyzed.
You do sit a little higher when you put them in shoes but that feeling goes away pretty quickly.
They last about 4 months/significantly longer than game changers too.
My toes and other parts of my foot would grind through Game changers so fast.
The ones I’m recommending are just the arch and heel so they last so long.

« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 01:22:53 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2019, 01:04:12 PM »
I use lunarlons with orthotic arches affixed to the bottoms, that I cut and shaped out of some particularly thick and rigid ortholite insoles from some ave natives that I never wore.  This after learning about what my feet and more importantly knees needed from the gamechangers that I loved until they started feeling like the game was less changed some months in. Now I got the cushion and the contour.

I like that latest huf insole as well (in the hupper 2's) which is like a springier memory foam, not that perforated multicolored bs like previous.  I'll be racking hupper 2's on sale steadily over the next year as huf slides into oblivion.  It's a pity.  They perfected a great shoe with that insole. 

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2019, 02:52:38 PM »

I switched over to cupsoles to combat the aches, so I skate the Laced Emericas but I wear Steel Blue workboots, I doubt many on here would have heard of them