Author Topic: US Shut Down 2019  (Read 10488 times)

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 297
US Shut Down 2019
« on: January 08, 2019, 08:36:06 PM »
Decided to start a new thread about this instead of Necroing The 2013 one. I saw someone posted about skating DC and not being hassled.

Fellow US Posters: Hows this effecting you? Positives? Negatives? Dont Give a Fuck?

Posters outside the US: Feel free to ask questions or just talk some smack on our dumpster fire of a government.

Another interesting talking point from Reuters:
(https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=undefined&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwiX-bKd7t_fAhXhg1QKHXzvA7wQzPwBCAM&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reuters.com%2Farticle%2Fus-usa-shutdown-departments-factbox-idUSKCN1P22AB&psig=AOvVaw2fz0rLP1DZI_ZMfYwAYTQf&ust=1547094490238828)

“The U.S. court system said on Monday it could operate until Jan. 18 and that most proceedings would continue as scheduled. Cases involving furloughed lawyers from the executive branch of government may be delayed. After funds are exhausted, courts may operate as necessary, but it would be up to each court to set staffing, the system said in a statement.”

Anyone know if this could have a impact on the Blackrock case?

Also this is FUCKED:
“Funding for food aid for low-income Americans, known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP, is expected to run out at the end of January and could lapse next month unless a deal is reached, according to media reports.”

“The shutdown has left administration officials scrambling to prevent the eviction of thousands of people covered by a HUD program that expired on Jan. 1 and now cannot be renewed, according to the Washington Post.”

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
Re: US Shut Down 2019
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 10:35:41 PM »
Hey, the army ain't gonna fund itself!

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 12:32:18 AM »
Hey, the army wall ain't gonna fund itself!
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2019, 07:33:20 AM »
maybe now the people that get food stamps will get out and vote & help make sure this jerk off doesn’t get elected again as well as the rest of the dems shin assumed  he wouldn’t win . also i read food stamps will last through feb .

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 07:42:55 AM »
Hasn't affected me as of yet. Haven't paid much attention to it either so I don't even know what it's about. I guess I'll research a bit and see if it effects tax return season though. I wanna get paid son

underworldwide

• Rep: -16
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2019, 08:04:40 AM »
Could stay down forever for all I care, but I fuck with a wall. It would help everything in the long run plus save the US money in the long run. I havent heard a solid point against it, just that its mean or ineffective or some dumb shit.   

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 08:18:12 AM »
Have you heard that you're an idiot?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2019, 08:28:39 AM »
He’s taking his ball and going home until he gets his way.

Next political strategy, holding his breath. Let’s see if he passes out

slippy

• Rep: 87
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 09:52:30 AM »
Could stay down forever for all I care, but I fuck with a wall. It would help everything in the long run plus save the US money in the long run. I havent heard a solid point against it, just that its mean or ineffective or some dumb shit.

You must not be listening to anything if you haven't even HEARD a solid point against it.  Being under-informed with a strong opinion isn't cool it's dangerous.  While I don't agree, it's okay to be for the wall.  But to say some shit like that just makes it seem like you "fuck with it" because your dad does.  look at some different sources and form an educated opinion on something when it's important.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2019, 10:08:43 AM »

The fact that it is ineffective is not "a solid point", just "some dumb shit"?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2019, 10:09:45 AM »

You're fucking stupid. You know NOTHING of politics and how a cry baby cheeto fuck is burning this country to the fucking ground. All you see is "wall being built to keep out illegals". Wall isn't going to do SHIT and will NOT save money in the long run.

Yeah maybe it'll MAKE the politicians and contractors and whoever else involved money, but us, the average American citizens are suffering. Government workers not getting paid because of a temper tantrum. What the fuck happened to "Mexico will pay for it"? Even though no intellectual American believed this to be true, and only fucking dumb fucks voted his ass in for this infamous lie.

Get the fuck off the internet, focus your board and go donate to that fucking Gofundme for your god damn useless wall.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

billy.pepperidge

• Rep: -17
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2019, 10:18:33 AM »
People hate Trump so they discount everything he's for and there are lots of good arguments against the wall. Then again, Israel and Northern Ireland have segregation walls and they seem to work for them. I think the environmental issues would be the real tragedy, animals that have dual citizenship would be trapped on one side or the other.

underworldwide

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2019, 10:48:47 AM »
Lol holy shit some of you act like little bitches holy shit lol

Okay heres some quick points for a wall, if you got reasons why a wall is bad lemme hear them, please.

1 - detainment/processing/legal shit for sneakyboys cost a shit load of money, get that number way down we save money and resources like fuck.

2 - Wall would keep most woman and children from trying to trek across the dessert to climb it, it would be mostly men making that journey, that shits dangerous, plus less anchor babies.

3 - Just less clusterfuck, the border situation is a clusterfuck dude if you didnt know, we need some kind of order there, wall is a solid first step.

And thats only the benifits along the border, not even getting into the inland economic benifits for less illegal immagration.

This is a big picture dude, bigger than me and you, Im cool with a bunch of illegals, but like I said its bigger than us, this is the whole country.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2019, 11:05:48 AM »
.... Aha, amazing points...

How is that wall is a great idea if you already mentioned it would be ineffective?

underworldwide

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2019, 11:17:30 AM »
No it wont stop everyone but to say it would be ineffective is a straight up lie, you swedenfuck. But if yall gonna be hoomans about this shit Im outta here. He called him orange cheeto being serious and then said I know nothing about politics lol ahhh I bask in this shit.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2019, 11:32:18 AM »
You know what I love?

When hard "boot straps" guys go:

Only to crash into:

But if yall gonna be hoomans about this shit Im outta here.

You're real fucking hard, bro. Broke down in 30 minutes.

underworldwide

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2019, 11:39:59 AM »
Once again you got NOTHING TO FUCKING SAY.

Bro I never lost a slap argument, you dont want any of this.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2019, 12:12:15 PM »
Yes, shaking over here.

As a Russian, I can tell you something from our history:

So, we had tons of military guarding checkpoints around Berlin, right? Then it hit us, let's build a wall! Once the fucking thing was there, people stopped crossing the border and we withdrew all of our military from Germany the very same day.

I'm sure your wall will be cheap, keep people away and be very easy to maintain. Kind of like with drugs, right? No cocaine reaches Europe thanks to natural obstacle in the form of an ocean.

Complex problems require simple solutions.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2019, 12:18:19 PM »
 he only wants the wall because it will be  known as "trumps wall" forever and people will think about him which makes him less insecure.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2019, 12:23:58 PM »

Okay heres some quick points for a wall, if you got reasons why a wall is bad lemme hear them, please.

1 - detainment/processing/legal shit for sneakyboys cost a shit load of money, get that number way down we save money and resources like fuck.

2 - Wall would keep most woman and children from trying to trek across the dessert to climb it, it would be mostly men making that journey, that shits dangerous, plus less anchor babies.

3 - Just less clusterfuck, the border situation is a clusterfuck dude if you didnt know, we need some kind of order there, wall is a solid first step.

And thats only the benifits along the border, not even getting into the inland economic benifits for less illegal immagration.

This is a big picture dude, bigger than me and you, Im cool with a bunch of illegals, but like I said its bigger than us, this is the whole country.

You are just straight up fucking stupid. My fucking god, dumbest shit I will read today.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2019, 12:26:07 PM »
No it wont stop everyone but to say it would be ineffective is a straight up lie, you swedenfuck. But if yall gonna be hoomans about this shit Im outta here. He called him orange cheeto being serious and then said I know nothing about politics lol ahhh I bask in this shit.

You literally know nothing about politics, the economy, or anything for that matter. But yes, I did call him a cheeto and you'd be wise to agree with me.

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2019, 12:41:12 PM »
hooman is abudabi confirmed
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Bagelskate

• Rep: 62
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2019, 12:49:11 PM »
Is underworld just pc principal?

billy.pepperidge

• Rep: -17
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2019, 12:57:43 PM »
Is underworld just pc principal?
My guess would be Don'tsmokethereefer.

Mongey

• Rep: -5
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2019, 01:05:47 PM »
I’m a outsider. Australian government is a useless cluster Fuck too , but we dont shut our shit down when someone doesn’t get their way. It’s pretty regular

Plus construction experts saying the wall will cost 5 times the cash , need 10000 workers and take 10 years. He can barely  afford to build a road allong the path of the wall to get machinery in. The whole
Concept is fucked.

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2019, 01:24:29 PM »

Hey person, did you know illegal immigration is the lowest it has been in decades? Also, most illegal immigrants enter the country LEGALLY and then stay on expired visas. How'd that wall work out between east and west Germany? Pretty sure thousands still hopped that bitch to escape east germany. The fuck year do you think it is? Are we living in the Qing Dynasty in 250 BC trying to keep out the Mongol hordes? And let's be real here, this wall is definitely to compensate for his lil toadstool dick we heard about from Stormy D.

randy

• Rep: -20
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2019, 01:39:22 AM »
People hate Trump so they discount everything he's for and there are lots of good arguments against the wall. Then again, Israel and Northern Ireland have segregation walls and they seem to work for them. I think the environmental issues would be the real tragedy, animals that have dual citizenship would be trapped on one side or the other.

I’m from Northern Ireland. It wasn’t a solid boarder wall. It was British army check points along the boarder you had to go through when entering the south from the north and vice versa.
The soldiers at these posts were shot or blown up constantly for 30 years. They are all gone now and things work just fine. 
Point is that a wall will not stop people. They will just get more creative ways to bypass it. Hopefully not with car bombs like here.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2019, 06:26:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m from Northern Ireland. It wasn’t a solid boarder wall. It was British army check points along the boarder you had to go through when entering the south from the north and vice versa.
The soldiers at these posts were shot or blown up constantly for 30 years. They are all gone now and things work just fine. 
Point is that a wall will not stop people. They will just get more creative ways to bypass it. Hopefully not with car bombs like here.
you know you would think potus would have done research and be aware of situations like this already but clearly he insane and thinks his wall will actually work .
i watched this doc this weekend and i had no idea there’s already a fence been partially built .

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2019, 07:39:36 AM »
Once again you got NOTHING TO FUCKING SAY.

Bro I never lost a slap argument, you dont want any of this.

lmao, you are a fucking trash newb, you will focus soon anyway.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2019, 09:03:34 AM »
god dammit I'm not abudabi