Author Topic: 80's jump ramp technique  (Read 1582 times)

CrappyChan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
80's jump ramp technique
« on: January 12, 2019, 11:20:48 AM »
So I've been watching alot of 80's footage and getting stoked on the jump ramp clips. Yesterday I went to my local DIY and noticed a pretty good looking 2.5 foot kicker. I rode off it like 3 times no problem, so then I decided to go for it and try an early grab out of it, hoping to tweak it a little. It might've been just the tranny being steep or something (doubt it because it looked like what they used to skate back in the day) but i went full speed and grabbed melon as i was riding up, next thing I knew my board was like 10 feet out front of me and I was flying through the air totally fucked. Landed on my ass super hard and it's so sore today. But I want to land one soon, looks so fucking sick. Maybe i was kinda leaning back too much in preperation to tweak it? Anyways, anyone got tips on these? It seems like a whole different ballgame than the way I've been skating for the past 20 years
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: 80's jump ramp technique
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 07:58:16 PM »
No tips, but did you film your slam? Also when you land it post it right here I wanna see. They always do look pretty fun haha

CrappyChan

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2019, 08:35:45 PM »
Nope but my girlfriend saw it. Right before I tried it I said this is either going to be sick or I'm going to die. I fucking died

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 03:45:58 AM »
Nope but my girlfriend saw it. Right before I tried it I said this is either going to be sick or I'm going to die. I fucking died

Haha I've been there man!

Brguy

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 09:29:44 AM »
You'll need to get the feel of it when you're crouching down, it's completely different than when you're standing normally on a board. Also, you cold ollie and grab instead of doing them early.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 12:28:53 PM »
  Go for a japan air.  Theyre easy. Never got the methods tho.   Check out TGs 360 fastplant in Animal Chin.  Thats the best jump tamp trick ive seen done.  Mark g says Hosoi was the best at it
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 01:22:50 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

CrappyChan

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 10:09:03 PM »
I hate doing mute grabs I don't know, maybe