Author Topic: Kareem Campbell  (Read 14568 times)

kid casserole

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 6
Re: Kareem Campbell
« Reply #60 on: January 17, 2019, 10:09:40 AM »
Expand Quote
came across some boner on youtbube comments who said Kareem was always talented, just a shame he had such a bad style.  I replied I know it's all opinion and personal preference, much like anything in life, and you're certainly entitled to your wrong opinion.
[close]

Dude, too sick.  I bet he was like  ??? And then like  >:( but then like  :'(

Fucked him all up.

No doubt n afterwards I gave my boy a pound n we locked off his computer n had a laugh and some tallcans.  I wonder what happened to that boner on YouTube that day.  It was never really beef.  Alright man , one

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1200
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2019, 10:23:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
came across some boner on youtbube comments who said Kareem was always talented, just a shame he had such a bad style.  I replied I know it's all opinion and personal preference, much like anything in life, and you're certainly entitled to your wrong opinion.
[close]

Fucked him all up.
[close]

No doubt n afterwards I gave my boy a pound n we locked off his computer n had a laugh and some tallcans.  I wonder what happened to that boner on YouTube that day.  It was never really beef.  Alright man , one
✊🏾
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2019, 01:51:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fucked him all up.
[close]

Made me laugh.

goldenbullcow

• Rep: -406
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2019, 02:51:12 PM »
Hey, goldenbullcow, it's wild how morally opposed you are to making a run of shirts, but trying to dig up details of a kid's death to the point of obsession is fair game, huh? Fuck off.

Anyways, back to brass tacks, Kareem had two tricks in the first Boys of Summer.

I was trying to solve a crime and bring closure to an awful event.  If you have a problem with that I don’t know what to tell you.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2019, 05:41:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Was a huge Kareem Campbell fan back in the mid to late 90s. Have a Menace hat he signed in 1997 sitting on the shelf next to me right now actually. Most recent footage I recall seeing of him was in this Etnies skate and create years ago. Was still looking quite comfortable on a board at that time.

2:06

[close]

someone posted an IG clip in photos/videos a year or two ago with a couple clips of him at a park. back tail was one of the tricks and maybe a nosegrind.

found it:

This makes me happy. Nice drop.

ThisFuckingDude

• Rep: -11
« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2019, 07:34:09 PM »
Any Kareem footage is a blessing. I don’t expect much from a dude in his mid 40s with kids working full time. As long as there is 1 Kareem clip a year I’m happy. Those few ledge tricks made me wanna go skate.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2019, 12:30:35 PM »

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2019, 03:57:48 PM »
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2019, 04:03:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Such a sick trick
  Thats way up there with the sickest clips ive seen this year.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

franc

• Rep: 101
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2020, 11:23:31 AM »
I'm looking for a clip of Kareem doing a fakie 5-0 fakie front shove out on a bench. It was filmed at night, on a wooden bench with an iron angle I think. It's neither in Trilogy nor in 20 Shot Sequence but I know it was filmed in 95 or 96, around that time. Does this ring a bell? Thank you!

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1156
  • old and in the way
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2020, 11:42:17 AM »
I'm looking for a clip of Kareem doing a fakie 5-0 fakie front shove out on a bench. It was filmed at night, on a wooden bench with an iron angle I think. It's neither in Trilogy nor in 20 Shot Sequence but I know it was filmed in 95 or 96, around that time. Does this ring a bell? Thank you!

I got you, fam. At 12:42

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2191
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2020, 11:51:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Daaayum! FunTux comin’ through with the goods AND services; respect!

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

franc

• Rep: 101
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2020, 12:49:26 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Can't believe I forgot about Rodney versus Daewon!
Thanks a lot Sir! Really appreciated.

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2020, 01:26:15 PM »
kinda wild to think that if the city stars team stuck around that they would've had one of the most high-profile skaters of all time and a relevant supporting cast. if i was straight with my money, i probably would stay out of the limelight too

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2020, 02:29:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Can't believe I forgot about Rodney versus Daewon!
Thanks a lot Sir! Really appreciated.
No problem, Franc. I'm psyched you reminded me to rewatch this part.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2020, 02:36:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Daaayum! FunTux comin’ through with the goods AND services; respect!

Thanks, Lou. <3 I've got a pretty terrible memory but that trick always stood out to me. His opening tricks too where he ollies a picnic table lengthwise and then does one of the most beautiful kickflips ever - so good. Kareem just oozes style and the resolution and audio of his clips were so good for back in the day.

fs180

• Rep: -267
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2020, 11:10:22 AM »
Man i wish everyone would use ps sticks and made good boards with good shapes id still would only skate City Stars to this day

kid casserole

• Rep: 6
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2020, 02:57:40 PM »
Dude was of the age too where guys generally hang it up as well.  Not like he disappeared at age 22