Author Topic: Spot enhancing.  (Read 2693 times)

Brguy

Spot enhancing.
« on: January 19, 2019, 10:00:14 AM »
I need you help, guys. There's a spot I want to skate, it's about 6 feet to ground level and it has a ledge that's like knee high on it, making the drop a little bit higher than 6,5. I'm already planning on just jumping the ledge to flat, but I had the idea to do a 50-50 or something and drop to the other side. Thing is, the ledge is crusty as fuck(whole spot is, to be honest), not even crusty like any skate spot, but so crusty you see the little rocks mixed in the cement. Do you guys know of any way to make it grindable?

bongboarder420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 60
Re: Spot enhancing.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 01:10:50 PM »
Rub brick, lacquer and wax

bongboarder420

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 01:15:57 PM »
Basically like this video

But after rub bricking and before putting wax on, spray a couple layers of lacquer on the ledge and wait a day to let it sit and wax it after

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 01:32:38 PM »
You should post some before and after pictures.  I love this kind of stuff.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 01:49:19 PM »
Basically like this video

But after rub bricking and before putting wax on, spray a couple layers of lacquer on the ledge and wait a day to let it sit and wax it after
That's a solid advice. It is also a good option to just paint a really crusty ledge. You can also combine the two methods: Sand it down a bit and then apply the paint, then wax it.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 01:50:26 PM »
You should post some before and after pictures.  I love this kind of stuff.

Yeah, I like that shit too. Show some pictures of your work!

Lloyd Braun

• Rep: 80
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 06:08:34 PM »
I'm a huge fan of rub brick/lacquer/clear coat method. Although no doubt the easiest it angle iron and liquid nail.

Reese

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 06:09:13 AM »
On the topic of general spot enhancing..

What's the ideal method for making steep ditch transition spots more skateable? The ones where you really have to kick up into/out of

Also OP, if you're still into that spot. Pinch some angle iron and liquid nails that hoe to the ledge
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 06:13:14 AM by Reese »

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2019, 07:57:42 AM »

What's the ideal method for making steep ditch transition spots more skateable? The ones where you really have to kick up into/out of

Also OP, if you're still into that spot. Pinch some angle iron and liquid nails that hoe to the ledge

If you’re talking about what I’m thinking you could pour a little bit of quick Crete to get the transition you want.  If you want a bigger transition get some bricks and build like a little stairs and and then put loose rocks etc over the bricks to make a ramp. The pour concrete over that. Your basically using the bricks to kind of make a skeleton for the ramp the. The loose rocks gravel to fill it in like muscle then concrete layer on top as the skin. If you need to smooth out the transition into the concrete I usually use bondo.

Also I’m thinking about getting a bed  rail that holds a bed sawing of the legs and weird bits so it’s basiallt angle iron to liquid nails to a ledge. Hoping it works. Cause I think bed rails are cheap or free online most the time.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 07:20:27 AM by Murge »

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 04:26:21 AM »
Yep I’m laying on a bed right now and I can agree these rails under me feel pretty nice. They’d probably work well as ledge coping.

bongboarder420

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2019, 10:30:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If you’re talking about what I’m thinking you could pour a little bit of quick Crete to get the transition you want.  If you want a bigger transition get some bricks and build like a little stairs and and then put loose rocks etc over the bricks to make a ramp. The pour concrete over that. Your basically using the bricks to kind of make a skeleton for the ramp the. The loose rocks gravel to fill it in like muscle then concrete layer on top as the skin. If you need to smooth out the transition into the concrete I usually use bondo.

Also I’m thinking about getting a bed  rail that holds a bed sawing of the legs and weird bits so it’s basiallt angle iron to liquid nails to a ledge. Hoping it works. Cause I think bed rails are cheap or free online most the time.

My friend did that and made a couple ledge spots, they work pretty good just gotta grind off the little notches

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2019, 09:16:34 PM »
Yep I’m laying on a bed right now and I can agree these rails under me feel pretty nice. They’d probably work well as ledge coping.
In your dreams