Author Topic: Skater suspended from competition for THC  (Read 9785 times)

anontechnician

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
Re: Skater suspended from competition for THC
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2019, 08:07:09 PM »
Gotta think this is for coke and corporates, if athletes valued a sober field we’d be hearing it straight into the mic before the commercials

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2019, 09:28:01 PM »
Expand Quote
For what it's worth, THC is only banned during competition and if it's over a certain amount. One of the German dudes said they were told not to smoke weed for 3 days before an event and they'd pass the test. Not backing it but I keep seeing people say things like "lol everyone smokes weed so everyone will be banned" which probably won't happen if they're smart enough not to smoke while at the event.
[close]

I posted this in the drug tests at street league thread because I'm an idiot/not good at reading/not good at distinguishing skateboarding in the olympics vs street league.

Expand Quote
They changed the rules on Olympic marijuana drug testing a few years back.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2013/07/17/ross-rebagliati-olympics-marijuana-drug-testing/2528283/

Expand Quote
WADA recently amended its rules on cannabis, raising the threshold for a positive test from 15 nanograms per milliliter to 150 ng/ml. In 1998 at the Nagano Games, Rebagliati recorded a level of 17.8 ng/ml, and argued the test resulted from second-hand smoke, which he still says. Ben Nichols, a spokesperson for WADA, said the raising of the threshold is meant to catch only athletes who smoke during the period of a competition. The drug isn't prohibited out of competition.

"Our information suggests that many cases do not involve game or event-day consumption," Nichols said. "The new threshold level is an attempt to ensure that in-competition use is detected and not use during the days and weeks before competition."
[close]

Basically they don't want you stoned during the competition/the day of the competition. Although they don't really view it as a performance enhancing drug, they still don't want the drug's possible affects to impair the competition. The drug test is just supposed to make sure they didn't smoke right before the contest/the day of the contest.
[close]
I'm probably wrong, but I'm 99% sure that some states have dui limits of 5 nanograms. This article sister that they violate above 140ng?  Cannabis tolerance isn't even a factor?

Ghost Face

• Rep: 108
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2019, 10:16:40 PM »
Calling using cannabis doping is some real dumb assed thinking. By what scientific metric is it doping? What advantage could it possibly give? They just want a clean show to sell to the kids.

Can you get banned for "doping" if you show up drunk?

In my experience weed helps you to concentrate, tune out background noise and calm my nerves. Tell me that aint an advantage over someone else.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2019, 10:19:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Skaters will still be able to wear weed leaf socks in the Olympics, right? I mean they can't ban our identity, can they?
[close]
not if they don't wanna piss of their shoe sponsor they won't

What if their shoe sponsor is Hu... oh wait, never mind.

dakotalofton

• Rep: -21
  • Nothing I say you will like
    • YOUTUBE avatar image
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2019, 10:40:00 PM »
jeez this is dumb can't we just be hated like in the 90's
****IF YOU DON'T FUCK WITH BRONZE56K YOU WHACK AS FUCK****

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2019, 10:48:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Calling using cannabis doping is some real dumb assed thinking. By what scientific metric is it doping? What advantage could it possibly give? They just want a clean show to sell to the kids.

[close]

In my experience weed helps you to concentrate, tune out background noise and calm my nerves. Tell me that aint an advantage over someone else.

On the one hand, I see where you're coming from. A psychological edge is still an edge in performance. I watched a doc on Lance Armstrong and was kind of blown away by how real world doping works though. Short version, he took a drug that caused his body to produce more red blood cells which allows his lungs to get more oxygen to his muscles faster so that he can bike faster. That's some biohacking shit. I just don't think getting in the zone with some weed is the same thing.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

ScudMantels

• Rep: -104
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2019, 11:14:32 PM »
Lacey baker is gonna get busted for male growth hormones and her test cycle. Testing skateboarders for the Olympics is gonna be a shit show. Nyjah better get off his stack of dbols and remember to molly detox

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2019, 11:15:08 PM »
"...an athlete in the sport of skateboarding..."  ;D ;D ;D

fs overkrook

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2019, 12:29:04 AM »
Wonder what Ninejah will be busted for?
Beating people up

Pegasus

• Rep: 4
  • release the lobster
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2019, 01:06:20 AM »
the number 1 steroid in the US is sleep

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 769
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2019, 03:11:31 AM »
the number 1 steroid in the US is sleep

Cannot wait for post number two

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2019, 03:59:42 AM »
good, my dad overdosed on marijuana and died.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -677
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2019, 04:28:35 AM »

Drunk in public is a crime and weed is definitely dope you idiot.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2019, 04:38:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Drunk in public is a crime and weed is definitely dope you idiot.
  Thats not what is meant by 'doping' there bud.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

thebacker

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2019, 05:08:13 AM »

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2019, 06:35:18 AM »
I guess Joslin has no shot in the Olympics

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2019, 06:59:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
For what it's worth, THC is only banned during competition and if it's over a certain amount. One of the German dudes said they were told not to smoke weed for 3 days before an event and they'd pass the test. Not backing it but I keep seeing people say things like "lol everyone smokes weed so everyone will be banned" which probably won't happen if they're smart enough not to smoke while at the event.
[close]

I posted this in the drug tests at street league thread because I'm an idiot/not good at reading/not good at distinguishing skateboarding in the olympics vs street league.

Expand Quote
They changed the rules on Olympic marijuana drug testing a few years back.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2013/07/17/ross-rebagliati-olympics-marijuana-drug-testing/2528283/

Expand Quote
WADA recently amended its rules on cannabis, raising the threshold for a positive test from 15 nanograms per milliliter to 150 ng/ml. In 1998 at the Nagano Games, Rebagliati recorded a level of 17.8 ng/ml, and argued the test resulted from second-hand smoke, which he still says. Ben Nichols, a spokesperson for WADA, said the raising of the threshold is meant to catch only athletes who smoke during the period of a competition. The drug isn't prohibited out of competition.

"Our information suggests that many cases do not involve game or event-day consumption," Nichols said. "The new threshold level is an attempt to ensure that in-competition use is detected and not use during the days and weeks before competition."
[close]

Basically they don't want you stoned during the competition/the day of the competition. Although they don't really view it as a performance enhancing drug, they still don't want the drug's possible affects to impair the competition. The drug test is just supposed to make sure they didn't smoke right before the contest/the day of the contest.
[close]
[close]
I'm probably wrong, but I'm 99% sure that some states have dui limits of 5 nanograms. This article sister that they violate above 140ng?  Cannabis tolerance isn't even a factor?

I might be understanding this wrong, but because thc lingers in your bloodstream couldn't you be above this limit even if you didn't smoke 3 days before the event? For example, if you smoked 5 times a day for the last 10 years like a lot of stoners do, isn't your blood going to be crazy saturated with thc for weeks after smoking?

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -154
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2019, 07:39:21 AM »
Imagine my shock when an Olympic standardized drug test doesn't allow for thc

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2019, 09:17:34 AM »
Skaters will still be able to wear weed leaf socks in the Olympics, right? I mean they can't ban our identity, can they?
tell em they're Japanese maple leaves

rapscallion

• Rep: -3
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2019, 09:21:49 AM »
Pretty sure he quit smoking weed and this would be the most likely reason for it. Definitely seen him reply to a kid on his IG comments saying he quit smoking

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2019, 09:33:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Pretty sure he quit smoking weed and this would be the most likely reason for it. Definitely seen him reply to a kid on his IG comments saying he quit smoking

man im going to miss those instagram live videos of him smoking a joint alone in a dark room.  was it art? maybe.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Ernest Borgnine

• Rep: 26
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2019, 11:24:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Date rape.

Dressing like a squire for an evil knight.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2019, 11:30:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Date rape.
[close]

Dressing like a squire for an evil knight. Dark Jedi

Get the strap

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2019, 03:08:08 PM »
It will be interesting to see if a non-Republican is elected in 2020 because at least 5 Democratic canidates are backing a bill to legalize marijuana on a federal level. Looking on Google there is some backlash in the past from MMA fighters against USADA.

BananaHammockStylist

• Rep: 0

weip

• Rep: 1
  • Visit Azores
    • skating avatar image
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2019, 04:15:46 PM »
jeez this is dumb can't we just be hated like in the 90's
yes please

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2019, 05:10:15 AM »
Lifestyle hammer.
The chillest1

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2019, 07:25:38 AM »
Stephen A Smith needs to chill tha fuk out and some some dank.