Author Topic: Feedback Ted Calls Out Pontus  (Read 18644 times)

GAY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
Re: Feedback Ted Calls Out Pontus
« Reply #60 on: February 03, 2019, 02:06:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Ted is only relevant cuz he likes to see others do bad as him
And he clearly has no girl or life outside skating
So I can see why you guys fuck with him
[close]

Dude with over 900 posts, at almost 2 a day, wants to act like he's a forum outsider... yea, ok clown.

When I read this post I said to myself, "That's so Larry Dallas!" Then I looked and saw that it WAS Larry Dallas!

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2019, 02:16:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
we need more of this. people need to start talking even though some things might be wrong but skateboarding needs this.
I wish there is 10 young duane peters like guys who are relevant. but there is none, just bunch of pussies.
Thats why we get people like leticia bufioni ,nyjah etc.

shalom

TK
[close]

One Duane Peters is more than enough.
[close]
And skateboarding already has more than it's fair share of worn-out has-been dipshits shouting their opinions at people who aren't trying to hear them.

well I said relevant. Not Duane, duaneske
9/11 was a national tragedy

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2019, 02:19:27 PM »
i love both of them.

i'm a huge fan of polar, i skate a lot of their boards, buy a lot of their pants and i've always gotten a lot of stoke from their team and videos.

ted's a shock-artist or whatever you'd call someone who likes to get a rise out of people, and i'd imagine that if you're weren't hyper sensitive or completely lacked a sense of humor, you'd probably get a pretty big kick out of his stuff too.

A provocateur

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2019, 02:44:27 PM »
there are no winners here, only losers.

I don’t really care about this at all but is this an embrace quote? I think max Schaff skated to this

Jerkstore

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -153
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2019, 02:50:28 PM »
Interesting...

Ted is usually a cynical doofus but he may be right in calling out pontus here

hangontoyourego

« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2019, 06:02:04 PM »
Expand Quote
there are no winners here, only losers.
[close]

I don’t really care about this at all but is this an embrace quote? I think max Schaff skated to this
yeah , money by embrace
 https://youtu.be/_CIzqzFDGis

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #66 on: February 03, 2019, 06:25:36 PM »
Expand Quote
I can't really think of any big companies nowadays that isn't milking nostalgia to some degree but I guess thats skateboarding in a nutshell.
[close]

I don't think his point is that a company is milking nostalgia. Plenty of them do that. The issue is when you don't acknowledge that it's from the past and try to pass it off as an original idea.
Well, he definitely doesn’t do that. He gives credit to where he pulls inspiration and sometimes music from and has even said in the credits which old videos to go check out...
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 09:41:57 AM by Pappy Jones »

JosephSmith

• Rep: 49
« Reply #67 on: February 04, 2019, 12:26:05 AM »
The neandrethal that cave painted the original cock n balls is rolling in his burial mound right now.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #68 on: February 04, 2019, 01:38:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Social media only brings out the worst in people. It's a totally unnatural way for human beings to communicate. Hopefully one day we'll look back on the facebook/instagram era with great shame and remorse for what we let it do to society.
[close]

Straight up agree dude
[close]
I agree, but I think things are just going to get worse when it comes to social media.

it's like, open your eyes people. the best app is right here(polite conversation).

Mr.Jenkins

• Rep: 156
« Reply #69 on: February 04, 2019, 03:27:27 AM »
I love Ted, but he's obviously got some kind of personal problem with Pontus.  his criticisms here are a big reach.  Polar is one of the most unique brands out, and created their own sub-genre of skate videos.

Maybe he have met Pontus? That usually tends to end up like this. Dudes not especially friendly

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #70 on: February 04, 2019, 07:33:32 AM »
I love Ted, but he's obviously got some kind of personal problem with Pontus.  his criticisms here are a big reach.  Polar is one of the most unique brands out, and created their own sub-genre of skate videos.
Like I said earlier, the sexual tension between these two is palpable.

thebacker

« Reply #71 on: February 04, 2019, 07:35:19 AM »
we are lucky to have Pontus

but we're luckier to have Ted.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #72 on: February 04, 2019, 08:20:49 AM »
I don't see anything wrong in any of this, be it Ted's analysis or Pontus' approach.

Pontus is definitely being incoherent with those dick pics though - those are definitely early 00's.

Jokes aside I'd be interested in seeing people who've received them speak out on that. So far we've only been hearing stories, but several of them which hints at something that's definitely going on and if confirmed that's kind of a legit bummer.

muntcuscle

• Rep: 44
« Reply #73 on: February 04, 2019, 08:40:06 AM »
The future is a floating ship anchored in the past.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: February 04, 2019, 08:43:48 AM »
I don't see anything wrong in any of this, be it Ted's analysis or Pontus' approach.

Pontus is definitely being incoherent with those dick pics though - those are definitely early 00's.

Jokes aside I'd be interested in seeing people who've received them speak out on that. So far we've only been hearing stories, but several of them which hints at something that's definitely going on and if confirmed that's kind of a legit bummer.

watching strongest of the strange for the first time is kinda like recieving unsolicited dick picks

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 51
« Reply #75 on: February 04, 2019, 08:45:31 AM »
Let's just get one thing straight, Ted Barrow is a fucking hack.

One of his schticks just finally stuck.

First he was a model, then a model fucker. Then he was a writer. Then he was an art history major. Then he did guided tours around the city for tourists. Then he made an instagram where he video'd his face saying dumb shit that wasn't actually funny about other people's skateboarding and outfits.

This from a guy that has a history of wearing waxed barn jackets and those disgusting TNT high-tops, and doing the same three tricks over and over on every spot in the city.

Haha this is a sick burn but i'd be a model fucker if i could be

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: February 04, 2019, 08:50:29 AM »
watching strongest of the strange for the first time is kinda like recieving unsolicited dick picks

I was like 16 or 17 when that came out and wasn't prepared. The intro I could look past but that later skit with the trailer scene? It had shots that were literally just Pontus' hot dog hanging low in the middle of the window frame or something. I've wanted to show that video to kids and chicks so many times and eventually never did because of that very scene.

At least it got me prepared for real skate art.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2019, 08:51:20 AM »

First he was a model, then a model fucker. Then he was a writer. Then he was an art history major. Then he did guided tours around the city for tourists. Then he made an instagram where he video'd his face saying dumb shit that wasn't actually funny about other people's skateboarding and outfits.

This from a guy that has a history of wearing waxed barn jackets and those disgusting TNT high-tops, and doing the same three tricks over and over on every spot in the city.
You must've missed the part where he has a full-time job in art history and is working towards his PhD

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #78 on: February 04, 2019, 09:10:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You must've missed the part where he has a full-time job in art history and is working towards his PhD

Pffft who wasn’t on a PhD track in the mid 2010s.  It was like the orange beanie of high education

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #79 on: February 04, 2019, 10:17:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Haha this is a sick burn but i'd be a model fucker if i could be

can we get clarification on this one? is a "model fucker" as in someone who fucked models or a "model fucker" as in the archetype for a "fucker"

P.S.  i dont really watch a lot of his critique videos but i really enjoy what he does with instagram stories.  its a pretty amazing way to use the medium.

more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Surf-goth

• Rep: -676
« Reply #80 on: February 04, 2019, 03:33:06 PM »
This ted person is a nobody to me since i don't much care for online personalities. Pontus has vision but does seem a little pretentious at times. I really do enjoy his videos though.
Rest in peace Dick Dale.

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #81 on: February 04, 2019, 03:43:20 PM »
disappointed this thread isn't 10 pages long already

Spunkchild

• Rep: 38
  • Big gal
« Reply #82 on: February 04, 2019, 03:50:50 PM »
Pontus is such a slimy little euro creep. Ted is keepin it USA so i gotta stand with him
I have bad taste and I smell like fetta cheese

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #83 on: February 04, 2019, 04:03:41 PM »
Pontus is such a slimy little euro creep. Ted is keepin it USA so i gotta stand with him

Keep it up, blind patriotism always ends well.

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2019, 04:13:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Keep it up, blind patriotism always ends well.

To bad maga doesn't spell pals backwards.
Seriously though, what bothered  me in Ted's rant was him saying Pontus used his parents money to stay up. What the hell would we all do if we had parental trustfundage to use however we wanted? Ted just sounds bitter because he's working towards a PHD that he'll probably pay for until after he's in the grave.  Just marry Pontus, no prenup, then you can take his trust fund and do you Theodore.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2019, 04:26:30 PM »
^ oh yeah I forgot about that, that part is actually fucked up especially seeing how Pontus' videos are full of loving references to his family, if he saw that video that probably resonated a lot with him, I know he's always worked super hard and put a lot of himself into getting Polar off the ground, never without difficulties, so I don't give a shit what Pontus did with his own family's money and choosing to focus on such a trivial technicality is quite the free hit from Ted (perhaps as an attempt to reach the holy grail of 'going viral')

then again I did find it weird at the time when he used his late grandparents' artwork on his boards for the first few Polar runs, but it's his family, his company and his cultural baggage so he can wear it how he wants it. When you have your own brand you really want to do your own shit, more power to him for going all the way into doing so
« Last Edit: February 04, 2019, 04:28:58 PM by silhouette »

quadcuff

• Rep: -5
« Reply #86 on: February 04, 2019, 04:56:18 PM »
i like polar boards and ted

GershonSweaty

• Rep: -5
    • @_moreinformation avatar image
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2019, 05:11:23 PM »
It worked Ted.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #88 on: February 04, 2019, 06:13:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Yeah, a Player Hater Degree!!  :D :P
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

ungzilla

« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2019, 06:22:34 PM »
you can be a fucking idiot and still get a phd so long as you're totally dedicated to being a certain type of fucking idiot