Author Topic: Feedback Ted Calls Out Pontus  (Read 18645 times)

Dwyck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
Re: Feedback Ted Calls Out Pontus
« Reply #90 on: February 04, 2019, 06:33:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Let's just get one thing straight, Ted Barrow is a fucking hack.

One of his schticks just finally stuck.

First he was a model, then a model fucker. Then he was a writer. Then he was an art history major. Then he did guided tours around the city for tourists. Then he made an instagram where he video'd his face saying dumb shit that wasn't actually funny about other people's skateboarding and outfits.

This from a guy that has a history of wearing waxed barn jackets and those disgusting TNT high-tops, and doing the same three tricks over and over on every spot in the city.
[close]

Haha this is a sick burn but i'd be a model fucker if i could be
[close]

can we get clarification on this one? is a "model fucker" as in someone who fucked models or a "model fucker" as in the archetype for a "fucker"

P.S.  i dont really watch a lot of his critique videos but i really enjoy what he does with instagram stories.  its a pretty amazing way to use the medium.

from what i remember of ted's blog and some old scans he put on his story today, both
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2019, 12:25:38 AM »
Feedback Ted on Gin Blossoms?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

JosephSmith

• Rep: 49
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2019, 01:56:38 AM »
you can be a fucking idiot and still get a phd so long as you're totally dedicated to being a certain type of fucking idiot

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 760
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2019, 03:31:38 AM »
you can be a fucking idiot and still get a phd so long as you're totally dedicated to being a certain type of fucking idiot
This.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 75
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2019, 03:48:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This.

yeah, well, it is still very much work though and depending on the "idiotism" (scientific area) hard to finance

Googan Christmas

• Rep: 25
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2019, 07:26:30 AM »
When he does the art comparison thing he sounds like the dude at the bar In good will hunting who’s trying way too hard.

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2019, 08:31:34 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Social media only brings out the worst in people. It's a totally unnatural way for human beings to communicate. Hopefully one day we'll look back on the facebook/instagram era with great shame and remorse for what we let it do to society.
[close]

Straight up agree dude
[close]
I agree, but I think things are just going to get worse when it comes to social media.
[close]

Who cares we’re all gonna burn to death from global warming in the next 20 years anyway.

Global warming you say? Like the midwest experienced last week? Yeah not falling for that anymore.

ungzilla

« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2019, 08:47:50 AM »
That's weather not climate you fucking turd

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2019, 08:48:20 AM »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2019, 09:00:45 AM »
Global warming you say? Like the midwest experienced last week? Yeah not falling for that anymore.
Expand Quote
[close]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXtG8GrW6EQ

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2019, 09:01:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
This.
[close]

yeah, well, it is still very much work though and depending on the "idiotism" (scientific area) hard to finance
PhD's are well paid in Europe. I work with alot of muppets that have them and now are on post-doc's.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2019, 09:14:43 AM »
  I think hes saying, "why does this guy cutting edge - hes a douche bag"  which is funny.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2019, 09:18:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
This.
[close]

[close]
PhD's are well paid in Europe. I work with alot of muppets that have them and now are on post-doc's.

nope, at least not in germany and it is very hard to imagine in other european countries could it be different, considering the exponent economic status of germany compared to italy, spain, portugal, etc. (scandinavian countries may be an exception). it depends on your scientific area. there are little to none paid phd positions for art historians, linguists of any sort, literature students, etc. The situation is quite different for physics, chemistry, engineering, etc.

most phd students doing their phd in arts dont get any paid phd position and need to rely on scholarships or relatives. a lot of phd students are even on the dole.

Síota

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2019, 09:58:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
This.
[close]

[close]
[close]

nope, at least not in germany and it is very hard to imagine in other european countries could it be different, considering the exponent economic status of germany compared to italy, spain, portugal, etc. (scandinavian countries may be an exception). it depends on your scientific area. there are little to none paid phd positions for art historians, linguists of any sort, literature students, etc. The situation is quite different for physics, chemistry, engineering, etc.

most phd students doing their phd in arts dont get any paid phd position and need to rely on scholarships or relatives. a lot of phd students are even on the dole.
I work in research in science at a EU funded facility here in France. PhD's are paid very very well.
A PhD in art isn't worth the paper it's printed on, same with undergrads.
I should have been clearer. Sorry

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2019, 09:59:58 AM »
finally actually listened to the Ted clip, and wow, I'm disappointed in you Ted. I thought from the comments you might be bagging on Pontus imitating Matisse or Surrealism in general, but "the american" skate scene? For an art historian, that's a pretty piss poor argument, and as a skateboarder it denotes a lack of appreciation of the individuals who make up our shared history and traditions, since you're basically suggesting skate esthetics as the product of industry "graphic designers" and marketing schemes. You didn't even have the balls to name Blender, probably because it'd be too easy to disprove your argument, since Pontus has put Neil's name in lights many times already, which is more than you can say.

alright, "disapointed" is a strong word, but I have to agree with people saying this reeks of sour grapes, personal shit.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 10:01:39 AM by botefdunn »

slap me harder

• Rep: -2
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2019, 10:22:13 AM »
Like all of Ted’s posts, it’s a video of him talking. This one is 60 seconds of him criticizing Pontus for fueling some of Polar’s art direction and music selection with his nostalgia and love for skateboarding from his youth.

It’s true but I guess it’s up to the viewer to decide if they even see a problem with that.

Or maybe he's criticizing Pontus for turning his back on the distributor that introduced Polar in the US market, helped put Polar on the map and helped him film a video in New York. Its less about art and more about not fucking over your friends
« Last Edit: February 05, 2019, 10:23:53 AM by slap me harder »

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #106 on: February 05, 2019, 10:36:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Like all of Ted’s posts, it’s a video of him talking. This one is 60 seconds of him criticizing Pontus for fueling some of Polar’s art direction and music selection with his nostalgia and love for skateboarding from his youth.

It’s true but I guess it’s up to the viewer to decide if they even see a problem with that.
[close]

Or maybe he's criticizing Pontus for turning his back on the distributor that introduced Polar in the US market, helped put Polar on the map and helped him film a video in New York. Its less about art and more about not fucking over your friends

which would be what everybody is saying, that Ted seems bitter about some other totally unrelated shit that he's unwilling to talk about directly.

I am curious what it is you're actually saying though. Hasn't Polar been on Theories from the get go, and aren't they still with them?

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #107 on: February 05, 2019, 10:59:33 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Polar is still with Theories of Atlantis. Still on the site. Polar has a distributor now for California to keep up but Pontus is still working with Josh and co.

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2019, 12:33:24 PM »

Ohhhh ok, i figured out who im talking to. You aint worth it.

mclovin1336

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2019, 01:44:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
This.
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
I work in research in science at a EU funded facility here in France. PhD's are paid very very well.
A PhD in art isn't worth the paper it's printed on, same with undergrads.
I should have been clearer. Sorry

He is an art historian.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2019, 02:05:00 PM »
Hold on we have to stop this thread acknowledge that there's someone among us whose brain is so incredibly filled with farts that they think global warming can't exist because it's cold somewhere. Fucking moron.

mastaklat710

• Rep: -10
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2019, 02:05:48 PM »
When he does the art comparison thing he sounds like the dude at the bar In good will hunting who’s trying way too hard.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIdsjNGCGz4

Feedback ted to a fucking T.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3290
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2019, 02:17:09 PM »
The most stupid people I've ever known are doctors.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2019, 02:35:24 PM »
The most stupid people I've ever known are doctors.

Elmer Phd?

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2019, 05:03:40 PM »
The only thing coming from a art PhD is a bunch of whining about student debt in thier 40s

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2019, 05:29:10 PM »
Hold on we have to stop this thread acknowledge that there's someone among us whose brain is so incredibly filled with farts that they think global warming can't exist because it's cold somewhere. Fucking moron.
Don't stoop to their level, doctorkickflip.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2019, 05:39:05 PM »

squintharder

« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2019, 08:56:05 PM »
he has literally said to not take ANYTHING on that page seriously. how is that so hard to understand