Author Topic: Tommy Sandoval | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 131  (Read 11213 times)

poor alice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
Re: Tommy Sandoval | The Nine Club With Chris Roberts - Episode 131
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2019, 10:11:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you realize that a decent radio host will play dumb so that the audience learns about what they are talking about with the host. stern does it all the time.

im sure chris has heard of that drink, but a ton of people that listen probably havent.
[close]

Agreed. I think he does an excellent job as a host. This was one of the more entertaining episodes. Has anyone else gotten hammered on their episode? (Aside from Rog)
[close]

I remember Prod drinking a decent amount during his episode a few years back
[close]

That did happen huh? haha I think Prod was flushed as hell near the end. Maybe I'm trippin but I aint even hatin!

Expand Quote
Dudes wack and been wack. Can't believe people give a fuck about bland ass skateboarding with no style or creativity. Wonder if he's ever found a spot on his own ever.
[close]

Bahaha Yeah, I partly agree with this, other than very few people can fuckin huck like he can. I found this episode entertaining and at the same time, exposed the type of dude he is. Pretty unfortunate he didn't take the chance to make things good with someone.

How has no one mentioned that he was chillin with T-Bone!! Hahaha Thats also some wild ass shit!!! Damn I wonder if Tyrone Olson's treflip and nollie hardflip ever got better. Just watched his Storm part, and while he did some solid ass shit, damn he had the worst treflip. Maybe it was switch. Then that ghost nollie hardflip haha. Hate hate hate.

I wonder if anyone of those old Osiris dudes (aside from Jerry) would be good guests.

I got so excited when I heard T-Bone was there and to have Crob mention that he should be on the show made me smile. I’m sure he has some mad stories from the Storm days.
I could also see a Josh Kasper episode being a Kk eye opening one, although I have a feeling that ihe would be difficult to listen to. Just the impression that I have of him.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2019, 10:35:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
you realize that a decent radio host will play dumb so that the audience learns about what they are talking about with the host. stern does it all the time.

im sure chris has heard of that drink, but a ton of people that listen probably havent.
[close]

Agreed. I think he does an excellent job as a host. This was one of the more entertaining episodes. Has anyone else gotten hammered on their episode? (Aside from Rog)
[close]

[close]

That did happen huh? haha I think Prod was flushed as hell near the end. Maybe I'm trippin but I aint even hatin!

nah i think your right... was in on an experience.  i remember some banter about the Nike Cortez that cracked me up.
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Dermbot

« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2019, 10:43:42 AM »
Dudes wack and been wack. Can't believe people give a fuck about bland ass skateboarding with no style or creativity. Wonder if he's ever found a spot on his own ever.

so bland... no style. that pivot fakie in barci wasnt even super rad as fuck. the feeble back smith psssh. not even creative because everyone was doing that on 14 rails before this. manual ollie a 13 isnt even fucked up. fakie flip ADIO gap at night isnt the gnarliest thing ever done. what a wack skater....

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2019, 11:10:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

so bland... no style. that pivot fakie in barci wasnt even super rad as fuck. the feeble back smith psssh. not even creative because everyone was doing that on 14 rails before this. manual ollie a 13 isnt even fucked up. fakie flip ADIO gap at night isnt the gnarliest thing ever done. what a wack skater....
"let me just list a bunch of gross uncreative tricks he did to convince people he had good style and was creative! that'll show them!" - You, a true brain genius
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #64 on: February 06, 2019, 11:17:35 AM »
Doing more tricks down a gap that got blown out in 2001, Berrics flat bar tricks down a rail, and a fucking pivot fakie in Barcelona specifically used to fill a few moments in a slow part in the song?

YOU'RE RIGHT! He's creative as fuck. Gotta wonder why fakie double flips out of switch nose manuals didn't catch on.

Dude has no sense of what is cool or looks good on a skateboard and looks like a skateboarding version of the Lard Lad donuts mascot that came to life in that Simpsons episode.

Also, manual to ollie down something - especially when it's got a perfect run up, a perfect pad with no cracks, and is straight on, like that, isn't crazy in the slightest. You go faster than a normal ollie. This is one of my go to's because it's easy and because simpletons think it's difficult.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 11:21:21 AM by Allen. »
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Dermbot

« Reply #65 on: February 06, 2019, 11:22:36 AM »
Doing more tricks down a gap that got blown out in 2001, Berrics flat bar tricks down a rail, and a fucking pivot fakie in Barcelona specifically used to fill a few moments in a slow part in the song?

YOU'RE RIGHT! He's creative as fuck. Gotta wonder why fakie double flips out of switch nose manuals didn't catch on.

Dude has no sense of what is cool or looks good on a skateboard and looks like a skateboarding version of the Lard Lad donuts mascot that came to life in that Simpsons episode.

Also, manual to ollie down something - especially when it's got a perfect run up, a perfect pad with no cracks, and is straight on, like that, isn't crazy in the slightest. You go faster than a normal ollie. This is one of my go to's because it's easy and because simpletons think it's difficult.

i mean we could just watch this guy skate all day....

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2019, 11:27:26 AM »
Or - just hear me out - you could catch up with the rest of skateboarding culture who left one-dimensional SoCal rail and stair skating in the past and replaced it with style, creativity, and an emphasis on environment and spot selection while also being super gnarly?

Dermbot

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2019, 11:32:09 AM »
Or - just hear me out - you could catch up with the rest of skateboarding culture who left one-dimensional SoCal rail and stair skating in the past and replaced it with style, creativity, and an emphasis on environment and spot selection while also being super gnarly?

Totally hear you if the topic was "skateboarding culture who left one-dimensional SoCal rail and stair skating in the past". but the topic is just Tommy Sandoval. so hear ME out. stay on topic maybe?? You gotta remember. this was before instagram and social media when the only way to see this footage was to buy the video. Before the berrics. When scheckler was the only grom. Jamie Thomas Misled youth part is shit compared to Jamie Foys instagram but is that actually true?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 11:36:12 AM by Sect Eye Monster »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #68 on: February 06, 2019, 11:37:57 AM »
The topic was Tommy Sandoval, and people were talking about how Tommy Sandoval's skating was gross, and then you came in talking about the ADIO gap and the Osiris manual pads and the NSS pivot to fakie, and then people pointed out that everything you said was basically a non sequitur, then you posted a Terry Kennedy part for some reason, and despite that, now you're imploring people to stay on topic.

Also, stop talking like you're some kind of elder. I was in high school when that Tommy Sandoval part came out. We're the same fucking age.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 11:41:21 AM by heckler »

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 259
« Reply #69 on: February 06, 2019, 11:45:06 AM »
Episode was the most fun in a while.

His style is good for a huckster, not many hucksters are creative though  - joslin, kwalks, even reynolds. I think chima has the best style for a huckster. But I wonder who would be a creative huckster?

Just gonna type huckster again

Weedmaps needs to give these dudes some talking points - none of their riders speak knowledgeably about marijuanas therapeutic and holistic qualities. no respect for the herb :/

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: 2
« Reply #70 on: February 06, 2019, 11:51:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

Bahaha Yeah, I partly agree with this, other than very few people can fuckin huck like he can. I found this episode entertaining and at the same time, exposed the type of dude he is. Pretty unfortunate he didn't take the chance to make things good with someone.

How has no one mentioned that he was chillin with T-Bone!! Hahaha Thats also some wild ass shit!!! Damn I wonder if Tyrone Olson's treflip and nollie hardflip ever got better. Just watched his Storm part, and while he did some solid ass shit, damn he had the worst treflip. Maybe it was switch. Then that ghost nollie hardflip haha. Hate hate hate.

I wonder if anyone of those old Osiris dudes (aside from Jerry) would be good guests.

Smolik would be an amazing guest

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #71 on: February 06, 2019, 11:59:50 AM »
When scheckler was the only grom.

I remember this time period vividly - even though I try my hardest not to. We were worried skateboarding was going to die out because no new groms were being created. Then, Gretchen 'scheckler' was pregnant with ryan scheckler and had to be protected - much like the plot of the film Children of Men, which (not coincidentally) came out in 2006, the peak year of creativity, style, and flavor in So-Cal skateboarding as a whole.

God speed, Sect Eye Monster, if that is your real name.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

calvinsdream

« Reply #72 on: February 06, 2019, 12:17:39 PM »
Man, I don't know if I can stomach the nine club anymore. It's too much of Crob old-mannisms and not "getting" things...

everythingisgreat

• Rep: -130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #73 on: February 06, 2019, 01:18:56 PM »
Man, I don't know if I can stomach the nine club anymore. It's too much of Crob old-mannisms and not "getting" things...

“Michel- mishelada? Mikado.. Makalea? I can’t even remember the name of this thing...” ok Crob

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2019, 01:39:58 PM »
He seems like someone who could work if it came down to it though. Put crob or kelly on a construction site and it’s all bad. Plus he said his dad is a carpenter so somebody would hook him up

Be interesting to see one of the WKND guys on the experience or any of the GX dudes (besides the dudes properly hooked up). How is Sean Greene not at pro status?

Kewl
The chillest1

quadcuff

• Rep: -6
« Reply #75 on: February 06, 2019, 01:41:11 PM »
He seems like someone who could work if it came down to it though. Put crob or kelly on a construction site and it’s all bad. Plus he said his dad is a carpenter so somebody would hook him up

yeah he said he was laying tile or whatever so i don't think he'd be too out of his element on a job site

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #76 on: February 07, 2019, 10:55:20 AM »
Anyone got a time stamp for the Fallen talk?