Author Topic: To all yall filming and photo gods I need some help  (Read 1436 times)

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
To all yall filming and photo gods I need some help
« on: February 04, 2019, 09:56:31 AM »
Sup gods
Ive been filming and shooting for the past few years with a Canon t5i, even thoigh it is a great camera to start with I want to step it up a notch especially since it is a bitch to film long lens with and I would like to have my photos have to have better quality.

I am in quite a dilemma since I am starting to work as a photographer so I would like to upgrade my photo equipment but I also film a bunch of skating so I would also like to upgrade my video equipment especially for longlens stuff. I have 2 options basically one is sell my t5i and buy a better photo camera and also look for and HPX to film which is the more expensive of the 2 or to find a camera that can do both. I had been told that the sony mirrorless cameras are a great option that work great as both a photo and video camera.

If any of you photo/video gods could help  me with suggestions on cameras or other options that would be greatly appreciated.

eminem96

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -41
Re: To all yall filming and photo gods I need some help
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 07:09:52 AM »
I can advocate for Sony mirrorless. I have an a6300 and an a7.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 09:38:55 AM »
Sony A7iii or wait for the rumored A7Siii that may or may never come out.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Gasstationgarry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 09:30:40 AM »
HPX/HVX is the best bang for your buck camera for skateboarding right now, I shoot on an hvx and it really comes to life when the fisheyes off, the only problem you'll run into is finding wide glass without buying an xtreme I have the opteka 82mm with the flat front element and pushed it out w 2 spacers and it does the job just fine though. plus 200 for that fisheye is a good deal compared to 3000 for an xtreme
blob:https://imgur.com/99a29482-a4b4-4bd4-935b-d63d9db0e647

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 10:05:09 AM »
The experience of shooting long lens with anything other than a camcorder sucks imo. More expensive cameras are not going to give you a much better experience in that aspect. You can work within its limitations using a tripod, fluid head and certain type of lenses but that removes a lot of the spontaneity and the joy of filming
The best combination is a camcorder for shooting long lens and a photo camera for shooting fisheye but it is expensive as you have stated.
If you want to shoot both photo and video ditch DSLR cameras, look for Sony A7 series(full frame sensor, arguably best photo quality) but alse the Panasonic GH5 and the new Fujifilm XT3 (both shoot 4k60P).

What lenses do you guys recommend for the A7? I was looking at the Rokinon 12mm for fisheye Im looking for a good lens for filming long lens.

alraunen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
    • www.davidcampillo.net avatar image
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 12:15:57 PM »
I mainly work on portraits/beuty/still life photography but let's see if I can help.

I'm currently using a 5D Mk IV and I still think that Canon or Nikon are the best options for photography. Currently all ff cameras will give you great image quality on the 95% of the situations, but what makes the difference for me is the optical viewfinder, handling and how the camera makes your job easier.

If you want something that can do both photo and video the Fuji XT3 or the Sony A7III are the best options.

Also consider how much money you invested in Canon lenses before switching brands because the fuji and Sony lenses are quite more expensive.

eminem96

• Rep: -41
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 06:41:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

I mainly use my 18-105 F4 and canon 8-15 fisheye
The experience of shooting long lens with anything other than a camcorder sucks imo. More expensive cameras are not going to give you a much better experience in that aspect. You can work within its limitations using a tripod, fluid head and certain type of lenses but that removes a lot of the spontaneity and the joy of filming
The best combination is a camcorder for shooting long lens and a photo camera for shooting fisheye but it is expensive as you have stated.
If you want to shoot both photo and video ditch DSLR cameras, look for Sony A7 series(full frame sensor, arguably best photo quality) but alse the Panasonic GH5 and the new Fujifilm XT3 (both shoot 4k60P).
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

What lenses do you guys recommend for the A7? I was looking at the Rokinon 12mm for fisheye Im looking for a good lens for filming long lens.

Little Debbie

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2019, 10:24:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote

I mainly use my 18-105 F4 and canon 8-15 fisheye
[close]
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
i want to say Thrasher Dan uses a Canon telephoto on his