Author Topic: Surfers are the jocks of the water  (Read 3037 times)

PABLOS SWANPOWERS LOBSTER

Re: Surfers are the jocks of the water
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2019, 02:57:39 AM »
Skaters are the jocks of roller sports.

Biggiemouths

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -43
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2019, 05:55:07 AM »
First they did it with surfing, now its skating turn, corpo bastards are getting their pice of our cake (A BIG ONE)

Surfers had (said HAD) the same attitude that OG skaters used to have (keeping spots private, industry runned by true core surfers/skaters), they are not jocks, fucking corporate assholds and theyre ALL IT MATTERS ARE CONTESTS attitude made them the way they are now, what you see with surfers is bound (if not already happening) to happen to skaters

kid casserole

• Rep: 6
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2019, 08:25:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Yeah but who’s “core” in the water world?  Boogie boarders? Jet ski-ers? Fishermen?
[close]

Fishermen.  Specifically of the Gorton variety.
[close]

Now that I think of it, I guess boogie boards would be the equivalent of scooters in the water universe and jet skis would be like BMXers.
[close]

There's no comparison with scooters because there's no respect anywhere for scooters. It's only your local kook jock surfers who rag on bodyboarders, everyone else knows they charge.
[close]

It's like that now, but they were a fucking epidemic in the 90's.

Are bodyboarders and surfers on better terms now?  Seriously.  I was heavy into it in the 90s and luckily we had our shore break and they had the point where I liked to go, but obviously I was aware of the friction.  That's cool if so.

mboy

• Rep: -25
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2019, 03:13:53 AM »
Plenty of people from skating that also surfs who are fucking sick! jay adams forever, alva, natas, schaaf, figgy, provost, andrew allen, elissa, brian sumner!