Author Topic: Fakie push  (Read 1738 times)

Tattooq

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
Fakie push
« on: February 06, 2019, 01:10:16 AM »
Just curious why so many so called skateboarders call a fakie push “switch mongo”? When its not mongo, its a fakie push, not the same thing. Its only mongo if its in you normal stance... and its basic skateboarding. Just watch daewon song in rodney vs daewon pt1 for one of the sickest displays of properly pushing fakie. And then theres Koston, Kalis, stevie and THOUSANDS more...people have gotten out of control these days trying to make up new rules to skateboarding when we’ve been doing this before they were born.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 06:22:07 AM by Tattooq »

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
Re: Fakey push
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 02:55:46 AM »
It’s fakie, with an ie sport

Shalom

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 03:48:19 AM »
Damn, I'll spread the message

Tattooq

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 06:24:57 AM »
It’s fakie, with an ie sport

Shalom

Corrected, fully awake now

Tattooq

Re: Fakie push
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 07:35:56 AM »
maybe every trick has been done and so younger skaters wanted to find a way to continue advancing skateboarding somehow so they started pushing with their other foot because there was nothing else new to do. Nothing wrong with that. But you cant start changing rules and names of stuff thats already been set in stone. whats next? kids start skating ONLY in handstands, flip tricks and all, pushing with one hand? And then criticize everyone else for skating with their feet? What do you guys think? I mean come on, switch mongo doesnt even exist, because your not doing anything switch until your DONE pushing and set your feet for you trick. When your rolling into a switch trick your not rolling “switch” your rolling fakie... meaning fakie push.

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 07:54:42 AM »
If you can skate switch, you can at least learn to push switch. Chicken foot is chicken foot.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2019, 02:17:57 PM »
maybe every trick has been done and so younger skaters wanted to find a way to continue advancing skateboarding somehow so they started pushing with their other foot because there was nothing else new to do. Nothing wrong with that. But you cant start changing rules and names of stuff thats already been set in stone. whats next? kids start skating ONLY in handstands, flip tricks and all, pushing with one hand? And then criticize everyone else for skating with their feet? What do you guys think? I mean come on, switch mongo doesnt even exist, because your not doing anything switch until your DONE pushing and set your feet for you trick. When your rolling into a switch trick your not rolling “switch” your rolling fakie... meaning fakie push.

Actually, what I've heard is... Well, nevermind. Everything I say sounds like a mentally challenged ferret thought it up.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

Tattooq

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 11:25:32 PM »
Most skaters I know including myself that push fakie can push switch too...its preference and style. Doesnt look like chicken foot to me, looks good. I personally dont like watching people skate switch if they push like its there normal stance. The fakey push is legendary, I guess real street skaters have to embrace the hate and continue to call it the O.G. Push

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2019, 10:05:49 AM »
Most skaters I know including myself that push fakie can push switch too...its preference and style. Doesnt look like chicken foot to me, looks good. I personally dont like watching people skate switch if they push like its there normal stance. The fakey push is legendary, I guess real street skaters have to embrace the hate and continue to call it the O.G. Push

So I've been doing it right all along? Can't push switch anymore because of nerve damage, but I can't remember if I did back in the day either.

Tl;dr I'm still awesome
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

southphillytapwater

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 28
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2019, 03:27:26 PM »
If you can skate switch, you can at least learn to push switch. Chicken foot is chicken foot.
Truth.