Author Topic: Amazing skills, awful kit  (Read 11889 times)

SkateChimney

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -29
Amazing skills, awful kit
« on: February 07, 2019, 01:23:06 PM »
nyjah - numero uno of course those leggings are illegal
Raven tershy -  the basketball shorts r wackattack
kyle walker - homeboy never worn a nice t shirt in his life

emphasis on 'amazing' skills so don't be bringing up ben kadow i know ya'll got a hard on for him

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
Re: Amazing skills, awful kit
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 01:24:20 PM »
Cody Mac in tight jeans and toothpick
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 01:30:19 PM »
Wow yah cody mac.  The mall punk dudes who come to the park.  Theyre good and one of them  always has this pile of frizzy hair coming out the front one side of his benie.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

SLAYERrules666

• Rep: -9
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 01:30:41 PM »
Kalis for sure

stokedtrout

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 01:36:28 PM »
Everyone who rips but wears a dad cap and/or tucks in their shirt. Y’all look like pooseys who’s mammi dressed them. Not yummy

knex

• Rep: 30
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 01:39:37 PM »
Jordan Maxham
TJ Rogers
Ben Kadow

+ every Red Bull, Rockstar, Monster and to some extent Nike contractee

OwlGreen

• Rep: -126
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 01:43:48 PM »
I'm psyched on UK Tom Knox's tricks, but not on his techy new balances.

Shanahan.

fucking, joy

• Rep: 13
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 01:50:37 PM »
post-organika eli reed somehow dressed worse, but his actual style on a board got even better.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2019, 01:54:09 PM »
nyjah - numero uno of course those leggings are illegal
Raven tershy -  the basketball shorts r wackattack
kyle walker - homeboy never worn a nice t shirt in his life

emphasis on 'amazing' skills so don't be bringing up ben kadow i know ya'll got a hard on for him

Those leggings are full fucking legal game.
Much rather watch him skate el toro in that and the sleeveless longline hoody than see another fucker with oversized but short dickies and obvious socks do whatever hot trick.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2019, 01:55:19 PM »
Supreme Squad

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2019, 01:57:05 PM »

I once helped out at the Sheckler foundation event and I saw Cody Mac roll up in his car wearing aviators and a wife beater with a toothpick in his motuh. I sort of knew of him at the time but didn't know at all what he looked like and seeing his kit, i figured he looked like the type of bro that would come to the event strictly to raid the Grizzly booth and the Diamond booth, so i told him that the parking lot that he was in was athlete-parking only, but that he could park on the main street for general parking like everybody else. About half an hour later I saw him inside of the demo do one switch flip on flat, push, and then switch flip down an 11 stair first try and then realized who he was when the announcer announced his name/trick and felt pretty dumb.

TLDR: I thought Cody Mac was some random bro and blew him off

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2019, 02:15:33 PM »
Elijah berle

Mikey taylor

Both for the same reasons

Billy Ocean

• Rep: 30
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2019, 02:43:49 PM »
Chris Cole. Surprised this wasn't the first answer.

Current era Melrose thirst-beast Koston.
"Suck a dick, bitch." - Joey Boy

CrappyChan

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2019, 02:47:00 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I once helped out at the Sheckler foundation event and I saw Cody Mac roll up in his car wearing aviators and a wife beater with a toothpick in his motuh. I sort of knew of him at the time but didn't know at all what he looked like and seeing his kit, i figured he looked like the type of bro that would come to the event strictly to raid the Grizzly booth and the Diamond booth, so i told him that the parking lot that he was in was athlete-parking only, but that he could park on the main street for general parking like everybody else. About half an hour later I saw him inside of the demo do one switch flip on flat, push, and then switch flip down an 11 stair first try and then realized who he was when the announcer announced his name/trick and felt pretty dumb.

I met cody mac at Tampa pro 2011, post fedora pre toothpick. He was actually super nice, we were skating the little park thing together and he came up and was like hey I'm Cody and complimented some bullshit I did. No other dudes, especially older pros were as nice. Feel bad for him, if he dressed like a normal skater and not a jock bro I think his career might ha e gone better.

Chris Haslam. Also really nice but you really gonna trust a dude in skinny jeans with a man bun to start a successful company?
"From Todd Falcon to Tony Hawk, the Ben Raybourn story"

morningcommute

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2019, 02:49:45 PM »
Aurelian girard’s tight joggy bottoms

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2019, 02:54:46 PM »
Elijah berle

Mikey taylor

Both for the same reasons
Oh man Elijah for sure.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -218
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2019, 02:55:08 PM »
How do you feel about Greco and Boulala’s fits?

sus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2019, 02:56:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I met cody mac at Tampa pro 2011, post fedora pre toothpick. He was actually super nice, we were skating the little park thing together and he came up and was like hey I'm Cody and complimented some bullshit I did. No other dudes, especially older pros were as nice. Feel bad for him, if he dressed like a normal skater and not a jock bro I think his career might ha e gone better.

Chris Haslam. Also really nice but you really gonna trust a dude in skinny jeans with a man bun to start a successful company?

On a similar note, I met Greg Lutzka randomly and expected him to be a pretentious douche. After helping him out at the shop I was working at during that time, I personally felt like the biggest douche for judging him when he ended up being one of the most kind, friendly and genuinely appreciative people I've ever helped out.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2019, 03:07:57 PM »
Tiago Lemos
Tom Asta

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 03:13:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

On a similar note, I met Greg Lutzka randomly and expected him to be a pretentious douche. After helping him out at the shop I was working at during that time, I personally felt like the biggest douche for judging him when he ended up being one of the most kind, friendly and genuinely appreciative people I've ever helped out.

I was at a spot where Lutzka was filming with Hoops and trying to think of a trick to do down a 9 at the end of the line. Hoops suggested a fs 360, and in a loud, snarky voice so everyone around could hear him said, "I frontside 360ed noseblunted a 10 stair rail. Why would I frontside 360 a 9?"

It made me laugh at the time because it was the kind of thing you'd make up that someone like Lutzka would say, and it happened in real life. But I've heard he's friendly as well, so not trying to knock your story sus.

Irvine-Sucks.com

gross_nerd

• Rep: -5
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2019, 03:17:43 PM »
Tiago Lemos
Tom Asta

Wrong tiago looks cool as fuck
Asta just keepin it cozy

I bet you wear punk pants and a cut off leather jacket

sus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2019, 03:23:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I was at a spot where Lutzka was filming with Hoops and trying to think of a trick to do down a 9 at the end of the line. Hoops suggested a fs 360, and in a loud, snarky voice so everyone around could hear him said, "I frontside 360ed noseblunted a 10 stair rail. Why would I frontside 360 a 9?"

It made me laugh at the time because it was the kind of thing you'd make up that someone like Lutzka would say, and it happened in real life. But I've heard he's friendly as well, so not trying to knock your story sus.

That's actually pretty funny. But then again i've come across skaters that are super cool people but then suck ass to skate with, and people that are sick to skate with but are the worst dudes in all other aspects of life, so I wouldn't be shocked to hear that.

*Side note - Lutzka is the only person i've seen ride a harley with Osiris's on

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2019, 03:43:01 PM »
Anyone wearing those pajama / chef pants.... here's looking at you Supreme Squad & Tyson Peterson.

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2019, 03:54:33 PM »
Chris Cole when he got the Jamie Thomas makeover.

sus

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2019, 03:59:21 PM »
Chris Cole when he got the Jamie Thomas makeover.

the bronze 56k filmer/editor knows whats up
« Last Edit: February 07, 2019, 04:03:32 PM by sus »

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2019, 04:04:07 PM »

ungzilla

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2019, 04:12:53 PM »
are there any middling mediocre pros whose entire career is owed to great fits though?

BacksideWallride

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2019, 04:37:17 PM »
are there any middling mediocre pros whose entire career is owed to great fits though?

Menace were as far as I remember a team known for their Polo's and clothing, if I'm even answering that question correctly which I think I'm not

fs overkrook

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2019, 05:12:50 PM »
How has nobody said Stephen lawyer yet

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year