Author Topic: Justin Henry calls out Clint Walker for blackface  (Read 50446 times)

PAWL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Justin Henry calls out Clint Walker for blackface
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2019, 11:14:19 AM »
“I’m sorry I offended you.”

expresses no notion of recognizing that blackface is wrong and fucked up... idiot
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2019, 11:15:06 AM »
Expand Quote
When I was in elementary school, mid 80s, the school put on a play for black history month. For whatever reason they chose me to play George Washington Carver and the plan was to put me in black face. I was like 6 and was not part of the discussion. I objected and they were like nah you're wearing blackface, so you know what I did? I bailed on the whole thing and didn't go to school at all. Fuck Clint Walker.
[close]

That's nutz, when I was 6 I was dressing up as Don King for Halloween. You are the true moving force and face for african americans since day one.

It was probablu more not wanting them to rub any colored anything on my face, but I for sure knew he was black and I was white and there were black kids who could probably be up there.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 383
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2019, 11:27:40 AM »
Didn’t Trevor Colden dress up in blackface too?

somedudefromnj

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2019, 11:28:03 AM »
what a fuckin dildo.

Justin Henry is the shit

dirtywork81

• Rep: 16
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2019, 11:31:53 AM »
hope Clint is avoiding those calls from Supra. Someone is about to get dropped.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2019, 11:33:38 AM »

not an apology.
call out culture is pretty whack, but I believe we can make an acceptation in this situation.
Blackface is seriously fucked up, and thinking its no big deal is even worse.
Clint walker is the worst, I know he's a good at skateboards, but he's pretty much made a name for himself being a garbage example a human.

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2019, 11:36:33 AM »
Considering his style after mystery, I wouldn't be surprised
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 11:41:03 AM by Trickflip »

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 515
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2019, 11:36:49 AM »

I recall that too, but am not spend time trying to find it.

Sam Smyth did it big one year:

http://www.crailtap.com/poll/smyth_halloween.html

Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2019, 11:44:18 AM »
Can’t be forgiven. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever. Ever.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2019, 11:45:23 AM »
When I was in elementary school, mid 80s, the school put on a play for black history month. For whatever reason they chose me to play George Washington Carver and the plan was to put me in black face. I was like 6 and was not part of the discussion. I objected and they were like nah you're wearing blackface, so you know what I did? I bailed on the whole thing and didn't go to school at all. Fuck Clint Walker.

and then everyone clapped

Little Debbie

« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2019, 11:49:11 AM »
that's about as well as these things wrap up

ScudMantels

• Rep: -104
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2019, 11:49:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

not an apology.
call out culture is pretty whack, but I believe we can make an acceptation in this situation.
Clint walker is the worst, I know he's a good at skateboards, but he's pretty much made a name for himself being a garbage example a human.

It's only fucked up because our society takes it to the extreme and make it fucked up. Hearing most of you guys basically wanting to kill the guy for dressing up as a character from a funny ass comedy skit who thinks he's white to begin with is dumb. I do agree that we can not go there and shouldn't be doing that but the same rule should go for all races. Clint obviously didn't understand what grounds he was steping into and controversy that dressing up as Clayton Bigsby could cause.
I'm waiting for everyone to spam racist all over his accounts now and blow him over for a dumb mistake.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2019, 11:53:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

and then everyone clapped

Dude ask my mom

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • Free Max B
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2019, 11:59:52 AM »
so this guy is racist as all hell, makes fun of dylan, and beats up homeless people? not very shalom at all.

doesn't he have a ponytail too? worst dude ever.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2019, 12:01:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

not an apology.
[close]

It's only fucked up because our society takes it to the extreme and make it fucked up. Hearing most of you guys basically wanting to kill the guy for dressing up as a character from a funny ass comedy skit who thinks he's white to begin with is dumb. I do agree that we can not go there and shouldn't be doing that but the same rule should go for all races. Clint obviously didn't understand what grounds he was steping into and controversy that dressing up as Clayton Bigsby could cause.
I'm waiting for everyone to spam racist all over his accounts now and blow him over for a dumb mistake.
you’re talking about society “taking it to the extreme” but saying people here “basically wanting to kill the guy” but nobody is really talking about that.

Some people didn’t like Clint before this and this just gave them more justification on why they don’t like him.

UselessAsshole

• Rep: 200
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2019, 12:07:25 PM »
Saying "7 years ago" like he wasn't a 21 year old man at that point in his life. 

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • Free Max B
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2019, 12:10:43 PM »
damn i didnt see justins response. very shalom of him to take the high road, nice move.

clint walkner is the worst, confirmed.

free max b

FREE MAX B

ScudMantels

• Rep: -104
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2019, 12:11:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

not an apology.
[close]

[close]
you’re talking about society “taking it to the extreme” but saying people here “basically wanting to kill the guy” but nobody is really talking about that.

Some people didn’t like Clint before this and this just gave them more justification on why they don’t like him.

So I guess it's like if you're a Republican and you don't like Liberals then you catch a Liberal politician slippin as blackface in a 1984 yearbook. So you go in for the attack because you don't like them to begin with, Yeah I know how we work.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2019, 12:15:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

not an apology.
[close]

[close]

[close]

So I guess it's like if you're a Republican and you don't like Liberals then you catch a Liberal politician slippin as blackface in a 1984 yearbook. So you go in for the attack because you don't like them to begin with, Yeah I know how we work.
its the liberal politicians fault for getting caught slippin doing blackface in the first place.

Don’t do blackface and shit like this won’t happen.

shalom

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2213
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2019, 12:16:48 PM »
Clint Walker is the warning Dave Chappelle's friends were giving him when he showed them the Bigsby sketch for the first time.  Clint should just focus his shit and that man bun.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

KRKD1

« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2019, 12:17:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I recall that too, but am not spend time trying to find it.

Sam Smyth did it big one year:

http://www.crailtap.com/poll/smyth_halloween.html

Them ladies gave him the blackface pass. Sall good.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2019, 12:20:51 PM »
i also find his pony tail highly offensive.

Get the strap

« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2019, 12:38:09 PM »
I think he's a kook by taking Halloween that serious and posting his costume on social media. At least for me, skaters back in the day didn't care much for dressing up on Halloween...If they did, the costume was definitely evident they skated or don't give a fuck...They didn't really care about anything other than skating, mags, and vids...way more militant than today's standard.

It's still weird for me to see skaters in 2019 culturally behaving like people who don't skate. Even though most skaters having been acting like regular people for at least 15 years. Add that to the major ignorance of his costume, and he's a huge kook. I dont think he needs any attention either positive, negative, apology, group hugs, etc...just let him fade into obscurity.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2019, 12:39:47 PM »
I think he's a kook by taking Halloween that serious and posting his costume on social media. At least for me, skaters back in the day didn't care much for dressing up on Halloween...If they did, the costume was definitely evident they skated or don't give a fuck...They didn't really care about anything other than skating, mags, and vids...way more militant than today's standard.

It's still weird for me to see skaters in 2019 culturally behaving like people who don't skate. Even though most skaters having been acting like regular people for at least 15 years. Add that to the major ignorance of his costume, and he's a huge kook. I dont think he needs any attention either positive, negative, apology, group hugs, etc...just let him fade into obscurity.

what the fuck are you talking about?

Rocko

• Rep: 39
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2019, 12:40:58 PM »

a skater's skater

E

• Rep: 11
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2019, 12:45:33 PM »
Oof, that Sam Smyth photo...

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2019, 12:54:46 PM »

What a sad way to live life. You don’t have to love skating any less to do anything in life that isn’t simultaneously advertising that you can ride a skateboard.

Get the strap

« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2019, 01:00:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Well I'm guilty of posting in a thread that I dislike the subject so much I don't have an opinion of it because
1. He's a kook for taking Halloween that serious
2. He's a kook for his costume
Conclusion: Huge Kook
I'm old school with calling people kooks. If I think you're a kook, I don't really have an opinion about you at all. Except go be a kook somewhere else, because I prefer to mind my own business and not deal with kooks.
His kookery and irrelevancy in my skate life is not worthy enough for me to move my lips or in this case use my fingers. So I'm blowing it by posting, but I felt like posting anyway because ironically for some reason something good in real life usually happens when I post, and I'm hoping for the best. Shalom

plasticsurgerydisasters

• Rep: -2
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2019, 01:00:48 PM »
  Hes the best gnar dude out and a under rated skateboarder.
no.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2019, 01:07:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Well I'm guilty of posting in a thread that I dislike the subject so much I don't have an opinion of it because
1. He's a kook for taking Halloween that serious
2. He's a kook for his costume
Conclusion: Huge Kook
I'm old school with calling people kooks. If I think you're a kook, I don't really have an opinion about you at all. Except go be a kook somewhere else, because I prefer to mind my own business and not deal with kooks.
His kookery and irrelevancy in my skate life is not worthy enough for me to move my lips or in this case use my fingers. So I'm blowing it by posting, but I felt like posting anyway because ironically for some reason something good in real life usually happens when I post, and I'm hoping for the best. Shalom
Must be nice to be privileged to the point where you can be indifferent in situations of blatant racism

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down