Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 249148 times)

colinquinn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 8
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #2220 on: December 06, 2019, 10:37:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
There’s a clip of Andrew Reynolds ollieing a trash can on top of another trash can and I was stoked because he’s wearing an eagles hat and I’m like woah the boss is a birds fan. Then in the very next clip he has a ny giants hat on and I’m immediately bummed.

It doesn’t really matter both teams suck but it would be cool if the boss routed for the same shitty team you do.
[close]

I remember wanting one of those hats Reynolds kept wearing awhile back around Baker 3, you know the ones with a huge letter "A" on them and he also used the same symbol for some deck graphics eventually, but then I realized it represented some sports team from a state I'm not even from so I would have felt like a phony wearing it.

[close]
Even worse it's Atlanta Braves gear which is a team with a problematic branding history. I think it's sick he wears those hats regularly but my name doesn't begin with an A and my nick name isn't the Boss. Not a diss on Atlanta or the team really but using indigenous people's image for marketing is fucking gross.

I'm native, never cared about logos or images.. and I don't think I've ever met a native person who really had a problem with any teams logo.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2221 on: December 06, 2019, 10:39:28 AM »
If Strobeck had actually filmed that first angle, it wouldn't have been as bad. Felix was clearly out of his depth.

a shite angle is a shite angle no matter who filmed it

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #2222 on: December 06, 2019, 10:42:32 AM »
There’s a clip of Andrew Reynolds ollieing a trash can on top of another trash can and I was stoked because he’s wearing an eagles hat and I’m like woah the boss is a birds fan. Then in the very next clip he has a ny giants hat on and I’m immediately bummed.

It doesn’t really matter both teams suck but it would be cool if the boss routed for the same shitty team you do.

I'm very relieved that the Boss is not a Philly fan.

#Pittsburgh
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2223 on: December 06, 2019, 10:43:53 AM »
If I was Herman, I'd be kinda bummed if my last trick ever in a major video was a close up of my foot doing a nollie inward heel down a set you don't even see all of. Even the wider shot was awful and zooming for no reason.

no habla mango

• Rep: -63
« Reply #2224 on: December 06, 2019, 10:46:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

I remember wanting one of those hats Reynolds kept wearing awhile back around Baker 3, you know the ones with a huge letter "A" on them and he also used the same symbol for some deck graphics eventually, but then I realized it represented some sports team from a state I'm not even from so I would have felt like a phony wearing it.

[close]
Even worse it's Atlanta Braves gear which is a team with a problematic branding history. I think it's sick he wears those hats regularly but my name doesn't begin with an A and my nick name isn't the Boss. Not a diss on Atlanta or the team really but using indigenous people's image for marketing is fucking gross.
[close]

I'm native, never cared about logos or images.. and I don't think I've ever met a native person who really had a problem with any teams logo.
i've always dug the 'fighting Irish' and Celtics so i can't imagine why people would be offended. mostly just white liberals.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2225 on: December 06, 2019, 10:47:50 AM »

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #2226 on: December 06, 2019, 11:30:26 AM »
Beagle is so bad at filming HD. Filming is literally his livelihood
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #2227 on: December 06, 2019, 12:24:49 PM »
That first angle of Herman's inward heel is like when you're a kid and get your first camera and want to film fisheye like the pros but you don't have a fisheye
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #2228 on: December 06, 2019, 02:19:42 PM »
really like gary's take on this video

he calls out people for calling out baker 4 for biting strobek. gary points out that baker's been doing supreme style of filming way before they did it. that's kind of how i felt when i watched it, it made sense they would combine.

haha this was kind of cool, makes sense for sure

raz0rrat

« Reply #2229 on: December 06, 2019, 02:44:26 PM »

he calls out people for calling out baker 4 for biting strobek. gary points out that baker's been doing supreme style of filming way before they did it. that's kind of how i felt when i watched it, it made sense they would combine.

No, he knows the Baker guys so he has to kiss their asses. He says something more like, "Y'all calling this Supreme 4, but Baker been doing closeups since back in the day," while they show a shot from the Baker 3 INTRO (something Supreme 4 doesn't have btw) of Dustin and Spanky filming themselves in the mirror doing their hair.... not breathing out of their mouth at a spot in slow motion unaware that they are on camera for 15 seconds. Skateline also doesn't address the zooming in and out, bad music, bad editing, obvious fact that most of the video was phoned in within the last two months.

Baker 100% abandoned their unique style that people love and waited all this time for to imitate the style of a brand that's more popular for clothing than for skating... It's pretty indefensible. The way he left Emerica for Vans I bet he'd leave Baker and just film for Supreme videos if he could.  Baker has a Deathwish is the real Baker 4, Bake and Destroy should be Baker 5, and this should be re-titled "Supreme Baker."

Ocelot

« Reply #2230 on: December 06, 2019, 03:04:00 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

No, he knows the Baker guys so he has to kiss their asses. He says something more like, "Y'all calling this Supreme 4, but Baker been doing closeups since back in the day," while they show a shot from the Baker 3 INTRO (something Supreme 4 doesn't have btw) of Dustin and Spanky filming themselves in the mirror doing their hair.... not breathing out of their mouth at a spot in slow motion unaware that they are on camera for 15 seconds. Skateline also doesn't address the zooming in and out, bad music, bad editing, obvious fact that most of the video was phoned in within the last two months.

Baker 100% abandoned their unique style that people love and waited all this time for to imitate the style of a brand that's more popular for clothing than for skating... It's pretty indefensible. The way he left Emerica for Vans I bet he'd leave Baker and just film for Supreme videos if he could.  Baker has a Deathwish is the real Baker 4, Bake and Destroy should be Baker 5, and this should be re-titled "Supreme Baker."

Yeh it was a kind of dumb take to be like, huh baker has been doing this for years

baker has always done what they like, baker 3 was mix of the gnarly zero videos and whatever those infamous NYC hinjinx videos were called, cause that's what they liked and what they watched

drew said that the team nowadays (assuming the younger guys have a bigger say now) are big on the 917 and supreme stuff so voila, baker 4 looks like that

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2231 on: December 06, 2019, 03:42:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeh it was a kind of dumb take to be like, huh baker has been doing this for years

baker has always done what they like, baker 3 was mix of the gnarly zero videos and whatever those infamous NYC hinjinx videos were called, cause that's what they liked and what they watched

drew said that the team nowadays (assuming the younger guys have a bigger say now) are big on the 917 and supreme stuff so voila, baker 4 looks like that
I'm torn. I don't love the new age trend in videos. But I also realize that companies have to adapt in order to be relevant. I rather Baker exist in this form than not at all.

whatsreallygood

• Rep: 10
  • what it do dirty
« Reply #2232 on: December 06, 2019, 03:58:01 PM »
Can someone here please PM me a link so I can download for offline. Pretty Please Mates

same lol, I watched a mirror on phub and wanna watch again. Also I agree with Beagle not doing well with HD

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #2233 on: December 07, 2019, 05:50:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
I'm torn. I don't love the new age trend in videos. But I also realize that companies have to adapt in order to be relevant. I rather Baker exist in this form than not at all.

i don't think they had to do it tho, it could've been filmed with iphone and it would've been fine. i feel like they lost a lot of footage to daily clips/the internet and some of that would've ended up in baker 4 but then also the fact that much of that footage was not HD. "Hijinxwise", carrying that bright green and yellow camera around, I doubt people will say or do much in front of that. The last Baker videos to me were the baker deathwish tour and the chickenbonenowison (sp?) 10 minute promo. after that, the editing started going downhill when they tried to get fancy with The Deathwish Video, which, did not feel like it came from that camp at all. id go so far as to say the trailer for the deathwish video was better than the end product.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2234 on: December 07, 2019, 06:46:28 AM »

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #2235 on: December 07, 2019, 08:17:23 AM »
surprised t-funk's ending 5050 hadn't been done already, that spot's pretty popular
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #2236 on: December 07, 2019, 08:26:13 AM »
surprised t-funk's ending 5050 hadn't been done already, that spot's pretty popular

Says a lot about how crazy it is.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #2237 on: December 07, 2019, 08:30:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Says a lot about how crazy it is.

agreed, NBDs at famous spots are usually pretty insane in person

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #2238 on: December 07, 2019, 08:47:26 AM »
I just realized this was his ender 10 years ago in Slaughterhouse. So crazy to one-up yourself at 32.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2239 on: December 07, 2019, 09:24:56 AM »

Check last trick in Jack o Gradys part.  Bs grind and 360 flip in the street roll away

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #2240 on: December 07, 2019, 02:33:32 PM »
I just realized this was his ender 10 years ago in Slaughterhouse. So crazy to one-up yourself at 32.

Even after seeing it so much, I cant stop watching this gif

shit4breakfast

• Rep: -15
« Reply #2241 on: December 09, 2019, 12:37:38 AM »
anyone notice beagle's neck is pregnant?

specialgee

• Rep: -10
« Reply #2242 on: December 09, 2019, 01:22:39 AM »

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2243 on: December 09, 2019, 01:34:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Beagle has Prof Quirrell throat.  Watch out Bobby DeKeyzer!

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #2244 on: December 09, 2019, 01:34:30 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Even after seeing it so much, I cant stop watching this gif

Pig video came out in 2005, so 15 years ago.. I remember watching it a shitload of times, I loved Shurikens part.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -380
« Reply #2245 on: December 09, 2019, 01:25:12 PM »
So grateful to get a part from Zach Allen and not this guy

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #2246 on: December 09, 2019, 01:29:23 PM »
So grateful to get a part from Zach Allen and not this guy

Baker be slipping.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3329
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #2247 on: December 09, 2019, 03:13:17 PM »
I love Cyril. Damn you Baker.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2248 on: December 09, 2019, 04:33:47 PM »
I think the Slap Cyril love has increased since he got the boot of Baker, but I agree he’s good and would’ve been more memorable in Baker 4 Theotis or Zach.

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2249 on: December 09, 2019, 04:39:19 PM »
Pretty much everyone booted from Baker would have been more memorable than the majority of the parts in Baker 4 (apart from Baca and Dollin). Even Dee had a bit of that 'baker' personality that would have made for some good stoner hijinx. Love the Boss but it makes me wonder if hes is really the Nostradamus of skate talent selection that he thinks he is.