Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 249626 times)

Utopos

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #360 on: June 21, 2019, 05:56:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dont get why people think Kader is going to deliver, seems like a nice kid and all but apart from that bomb-drop has he done anything else of worthy mention? I’m not hating on him, if anything his fuck it attitude is justified in this modern skate climate, theres little point and cash to being a pro skater anymore. That being said, to make a memorable Baker part, it needs to be mind melting next level hammers, not nice guy sitting under a handrail, playing fortnite and being pushed round in a shopping cart.
[close]

Had this conversation the other day. Had high hopes for kader 3 years ago but his output these days compared to other guys like Ishod, mike mo , Cory etc at the same age is trash. He better come in heavy with that baker part cause even the vans footage the other day is mediocre
[close]

Those guys didn't put out much before their first real parts.... give it time, he's already put out more than mike mo in his whole career.
[close]

Thats regular, Mo was putting out tech cameo shit for years alongside p-rod and ‘nugget’. Kader would probably win skater of the year if his baker 4 part was half as good as Mo’s Fully Flared part. Kader is like TK in many ways, The hype created by Reynolds and the mythology around him build to the point everyone jumps on board, but unlike lord shalom himself, I can see Kader going the way of trainwreck or some other scene burnout and giving skating up completely.

Could not agree more. He was given too much too early and will most likely be gone by the time he hits 20. I hope I'm wrong, he does have a good style.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #361 on: June 28, 2019, 05:05:09 PM »
T funk for curtains, just got a new shoe for DC!
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #362 on: June 28, 2019, 05:20:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I dont get why people think Kader is going to deliver, seems like a nice kid and all but apart from that bomb-drop has he done anything else of worthy mention? I’m not hating on him, if anything his fuck it attitude is justified in this modern skate climate, theres little point and cash to being a pro skater anymore. That being said, to make a memorable Baker part, it needs to be mind melting next level hammers, not nice guy sitting under a handrail, playing fortnite and being pushed round in a shopping cart.
[close]

Had this conversation the other day. Had high hopes for kader 3 years ago but his output these days compared to other guys like Ishod, mike mo , Cory etc at the same age is trash. He better come in heavy with that baker part cause even the vans footage the other day is mediocre
[close]

Those guys didn't put out much before their first real parts.... give it time, he's already put out more than mike mo in his whole career.
[close]

Thats regular, Mo was putting out tech cameo shit for years alongside p-rod and ‘nugget’. Kader would probably win skater of the year if his baker 4 part was half as good as Mo’s Fully Flared part. Kader is like TK in many ways, The hype created by Reynolds and the mythology around him build to the point everyone jumps on board, but unlike lord shalom himself, I can see Kader going the way of trainwreck or some other scene burnout and giving skating up completely.

Leave lord shalom out of this, Kaders lore will never match up. Unrealistic expectations right there bud.

Shalom

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #363 on: June 28, 2019, 10:10:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Leave lord shalom out of this, Kaders lore will never match up. Unrealistic expectations right there bud.

Shalom
Lore is the best way to imagine pro skaters. Now I'm gonna have to check kaders continuity to make sure the book and movie line up. 😊

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #364 on: June 29, 2019, 09:16:50 AM »
Still holding out for Rammy Issa/Knox shared comeback part.

I've tempered expectations overall. This is a different Baker era and it will be a different video. I just want new Drew/Herm footy and the cohesive vibe of Baker3.

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #365 on: June 29, 2019, 10:43:56 AM »
rc: there is no way that this is coming out in August.

I really hope they prove me wrong though .

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #366 on: June 29, 2019, 12:54:30 PM »
rc: there is no way that this is coming out in August.

I really hope they prove me wrong though .

kinda hate to say it, but i agree. Itd rule if it did, but im not getting my hopes up. im guessing december or january.
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #367 on: June 29, 2019, 02:49:26 PM »
Yeah i doubt august. Looking forward to it tho, i clearly remember when baker 3 dropped as a teenager

doublesteveburger

« Reply #368 on: June 29, 2019, 03:38:05 PM »
It’d be silly to drop a video in the summer when fall/winter means Christmas sales. Proper timing = $$$

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #369 on: June 29, 2019, 09:14:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why does he automatically have to be on the same level as three of the best guys of this generation? Seems pretty dumb to act like he’s trash but only compare him to those guys. Not to mention he skates completely differently and also still seems to be waiting on a growth spurt, kids develop differently in their teens

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #370 on: June 30, 2019, 05:03:57 AM »
you kids are out of your fucking skulls with all this Kader fanfiction.

the baker AH lotties collab answered all your questions. everyone on baker is also AH flow. no more threads.

free max b
FREE MAX B

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #371 on: June 30, 2019, 09:23:59 AM »
Sober baker boring

JamesFardy

• Rep: 65
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #372 on: June 30, 2019, 05:58:41 PM »
It’d be silly to drop a video in the summer when fall/winter means Christmas sales. Proper timing = $$$

“What!?? A link to a downloadable video off the internet for free!? You really shouldn’t have, dad!”

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #373 on: June 30, 2019, 06:15:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

“What!?? A link to a downloadable video off the internet for free!? You really shouldn’t have, dad!”

Hahaha! I laughed out loud thanks for that...

Jokes aside tho, I would definitely buy a hard copy of Baker 4 if it was even half as good as they hype generated for it. Grab that shit on Blu-ray with bonus hijinx disc?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 06:18:03 PM by hateboard »

lolhater843

« Reply #374 on: June 30, 2019, 09:17:58 PM »
greco not being on baker is kinda depressing when i think about it. yeah deathwish is the step brother but its sad af

SirPizzaSlayer

• Rep: -72
  • Pizza Griptape
« Reply #375 on: June 30, 2019, 09:25:05 PM »
Heard Tfunk was kinda a bitch from my friend who met him. He would complain about people snaking him when he snaked everyone too. Plus I don’t know why people like bills filming? I just wanna watch the skating not their face or them smoking weed. For Rowan, please don’t leave baker for FA, stupid move.

Shalom Iginla

« Reply #376 on: June 30, 2019, 11:51:25 PM »
I agree, Strobeck's style is crap.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #377 on: July 01, 2019, 12:34:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You’re coming across as such a stereotypical message board idiot. You’re spitting out criticisms based on theoretical scenarios entirely fabricated by yourself for no reason at all. Do you even skate? Like really?

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #378 on: July 01, 2019, 12:36:26 AM »
Kader is nothing like tk

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #379 on: July 01, 2019, 02:47:26 AM »
Chinese Democracy of skateboarding. Hope we'll see this some day.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #380 on: July 01, 2019, 03:15:53 AM »

That was Plan B's True
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Alex4rmNYC

• Rep: -21
  • SHEEEESH
« Reply #381 on: July 01, 2019, 07:25:49 AM »
That's wtf I'm talkin about
You're not locked in a backtail unless you see the slidemarks go under your wheels

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #382 on: July 01, 2019, 12:37:27 PM »
Heard Tfunk was kinda a bitch from my friend who met him. He would complain about people snaking him when he snaked everyone too. Plus I don’t know why people like bills filming? I just wanna watch the skating not their face or them smoking weed. For Rowan, please don’t leave baker for FA, stupid move.
I've got a friend who grew up skating the same local as T Funk and heard the same thing

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #383 on: July 01, 2019, 01:27:51 PM »
I always got the cocky lil shit/ small man complex vibe from t funk but i bet his part will be great

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #384 on: July 01, 2019, 07:59:41 PM »

Damn. Shots fired. At least some of the band is still together? Who knows, Slash might even show up.

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #385 on: July 01, 2019, 09:47:57 PM »
You’re coming across as such a stereotypical message board idiot. You’re spitting out criticisms based on theoretical scenarios entirely fabricated by yourself for no reason at all. Do you even skate? Like really?

Theoretical scenarios? You mean like the one where Kader is theoretically stacking mind blowing clips for Baker 4? And on the topic of stereotypical message board idiots, Did you really just say 'Do you even skate?'

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #386 on: July 02, 2019, 03:11:35 AM »
I haven't gone through the 14 pages but has Frankie Heck been mentioned? That dude rules and is one of the pioneers of modern bald street skating. I hope he has a part.
Twin Perks

theintern43

• Rep: -19
« Reply #387 on: July 02, 2019, 03:31:03 AM »
I haven't gone through the 14 pages but has Frankie Heck been mentioned? That dude rules and is one of the pioneers of modern bald street skating. I hope he has a part.

man I hope! grew up at the same home park as him, which reminds me what happened to Expedition? (cause he used to ride for them)

PABLOS SWANPOWERS LOBSTER

« Reply #388 on: July 02, 2019, 04:28:52 AM »
Got a feeling an Antwuan Dixon comeback part is in the works.

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #389 on: July 02, 2019, 05:02:46 AM »
Got a feeling an Antwuan Dixon comeback part is in the works.

its out on 4/20
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk