Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 249518 times)

Pete

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #390 on: July 02, 2019, 05:38:36 AM »
Welcome Home Terry.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #391 on: July 02, 2019, 05:54:09 AM »
Expand Quote
You’re coming across as such a stereotypical message board idiot. You’re spitting out criticisms based on theoretical scenarios entirely fabricated by yourself for no reason at all. Do you even skate? Like really?
[close]

Theoretical scenarios? You mean like the one where Kader is theoretically stacking mind blowing clips for Baker 4? And on the topic of stereotypical message board idiots, Did you really just say 'Do you even skate?'

What makes you believe that Kader is NOT stacking mind blowing clips?

Does it not make sense to you that Kader would want to have one of the best (if not THE best) parts in Baker 4?

FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #392 on: July 02, 2019, 05:57:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You’re coming across as such a stereotypical message board idiot. You’re spitting out criticisms based on theoretical scenarios entirely fabricated by yourself for no reason at all. Do you even skate? Like really?
[close]

Theoretical scenarios? You mean like the one where Kader is theoretically stacking mind blowing clips for Baker 4? And on the topic of stereotypical message board idiots, Did you really just say 'Do you even skate?'
[close]

Does it not make sense to you that Kader would want to have one of the best (if not THE best) parts in Baker 4?
This would imply that Kader really cares about that kind of thing. You would think Kader would want to have the best footage in the Am Scramble, that didn't happen by a mile.

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #393 on: July 02, 2019, 05:57:50 AM »
Welcome Home Terry TWAN.

Free max b
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #394 on: July 02, 2019, 06:03:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
This would imply that Kader really cares about that kind of thing. You would think Kader would want to have the best footage in the Am Scramble, that didn't happen by a mile.

Kader knew when he became pro that Baker 4 was going to be the next huge video release in the industry. If I was him, I would want to save all my best shit for that video too.

Baker 2G and Baker 3 are still talked about today as classic videos, and Baker 4 will more than likely be more of the same. It makes sense to save everything for the big video drop.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #395 on: July 02, 2019, 08:37:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Kader knew when he became pro that Baker 4 was going to be the next huge video release in the industry. If I was him, I would want to save all my best shit for that video too.

Baker 2G and Baker 3 are still talked about today as classic videos, and Baker 4 will more than likely be more of the same. It makes sense to save everything for the big video drop.

Well you’re not. Your an adult (I assume)  he’s a child. So you would probably plan parts etc if in his shoes at your age. He is a child and is concerned about fortnite. His part in am scramble was probably the least out of everyone else in am scramble. I doubt he was using an scramble as a trip for baker 4. If there’s clips in Baker 4 from scramble then you’re right. But I doubt it. I mean in interviews the TMs just talk about wrangling him and babysitting him and making sure he don’t sit under a rail and play video games the whole trip. So it doesn’t sound like he’s as productive as you think he’s a child still and acts like it. I doubt he has some incredible foresight.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 08:39:17 AM by Murge »

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #396 on: July 02, 2019, 10:01:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Did he not fuck up his leg in am scramble? I remember him mashing into a pole after a handrail.

I figured he was hurt.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #397 on: July 02, 2019, 10:11:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Well you’re not. Your an adult (I assume)  he’s a child. So you would probably plan parts etc if in his shoes at your age. He is a child and is concerned about fortnite. His part in am scramble was probably the least out of everyone else in am scramble. I doubt he was using an scramble as a trip for baker 4. If there’s clips in Baker 4 from scramble then you’re right. But I doubt it. I mean in interviews the TMs just talk about wrangling him and babysitting him and making sure he don’t sit under a rail and play video games the whole trip. So it doesn’t sound like he’s as productive as you think he’s a child still and acts like it. I doubt he has some incredible foresight.

He's being guided by Reynolds though. Baker 3 was 14 years ago. Reynolds isn't going to let Baker 4 be mediocre, and I would like to think that he knows how high the expectations are for Kader.

A bad part by literally anyone in the video is going to be unacceptable.
FUCK YOU

Giza Butler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #398 on: July 04, 2019, 03:30:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

He's being guided by Reynolds though. Baker 3 was 14 years ago. Reynolds isn't going to let Baker 4 be mediocre, and I would like to think that he knows how high the expectations are for Kader.

A bad part by literally anyone in the video is going to be unacceptable.

yet there will be more than one.

I think we already went over who's not going to deliver in this...
The '80s were the worst period. You had these horrible pop bands growing their hair and calling themselves metal.

Ocelot

« Reply #399 on: July 04, 2019, 04:46:27 AM »
statistically...

what are the chances of dustin dollin having a full part?

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #400 on: July 04, 2019, 05:11:01 AM »
statistically...

what are the chances of dustin dollin having a full part?

Actually pretty good, if there was ever someone who knows how to sit on footage for a long time its Dollin. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of it was 10+ years old though.

Reed Richards

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #401 on: July 04, 2019, 10:36:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

But Reynolds probably does have that foresight and I'm sure he's helping manage how Kader doles out his footage.  I don't know if Kader will have the last part in Baker 4 (Rowan?) but he'll definitely have some quality shit.  Baker has a good roster and this video will be their Black Messiah (D'Angelo's long awaited album.) 

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #402 on: July 04, 2019, 10:40:51 AM »
Reed, I wanna gnar you for that Black Messiah comment but I don't wanna fuck up your beautiful post count/rep score.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #403 on: July 04, 2019, 11:29:32 AM »
I was a barista in 2015 and anyone who came into Birch Coffee knows Black Messiah is all we’re listening to every day on repeat and if you don’t like it you can gtfo

Ocelot

« Reply #404 on: July 04, 2019, 03:38:41 PM »
I was a barista in 2015 and anyone who came into Birch Coffee knows Black Messiah is all we’re listening to every day on repeat and if you don’t like it you can gtfo

Black Messiah was a rare lived up to the hype moment in music

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #405 on: July 04, 2019, 03:53:59 PM »
so stoked for TK footage

hateboard

« Reply #406 on: July 04, 2019, 05:12:14 PM »
so stoked for TK footage

Even if the gods shook hands and agreed to put TK back on Baker, he dumped the last 8 years footage in that Muta part. Maybe they should hold off releasing baker 4 until 2027 so TK can share last part with old man Kader.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #407 on: July 04, 2019, 06:11:14 PM »
Just praying murdy the dog doesn't have a part

doublesteveburger

« Reply #408 on: July 04, 2019, 07:40:44 PM »
Expand Quote
It’d be silly to drop a video in the summer when fall/winter means Christmas sales. Proper timing = $$$
[close]

“What!?? A link to a downloadable video off the internet for free!? You really shouldn’t have, dad!”

idiot

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #409 on: July 05, 2019, 02:15:27 AM »

ill take Murdy over Heyl. but if neither appear that would be ideal

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #410 on: July 05, 2019, 02:18:17 AM »
What about Murdeyl like a shared part?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 512
« Reply #411 on: July 05, 2019, 08:34:55 AM »

Evan Hernandez opener part
Murdey the dog curtains part.

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #412 on: July 05, 2019, 09:08:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Evan Hernandez opener part
Murdey the dog curtains part.

At this stage I would legit be stoked on an Evan Hernandez part . He put out some park rail footage around the time Supra was blowing up but not much  else (if anything) since. His In Bloom part is one of the few little kid parts that I actually like to watch pre-session.

It really speaks to the impact Baker can still have and are capable of with this very active thread bristling with speculation , coupled with Baker 3 still being talked about and held in high esteem despite being of a completely different era of skating.

My hope is full parts from more or less everyone from the Baker and Deathwish camp, some shared parts so least amount of footage from an individual name would be say 1min 25.
Reynolds won't end the video unless it's a retirement part and I don't see that being the case.
Similar consistent vibe throughout; as engendered by the Street Hassle motif in 3.
Oh, and a a few Braydon tricks too please.

I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #413 on: July 05, 2019, 03:34:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

just saw Reynolds, jacopo Carozzi, spanky, Cyril and yes, Shane heyl skating downtown LA. beagle was filming spanky, Shane, and jacopo so it’s safe to say Shane will have a few clips if not a part.

hateboard

« Reply #414 on: July 05, 2019, 03:37:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
just saw Reynolds, jacopo Carozzi, spanky, Cyril and yes, Shane heyl skating downtown LA. beagle was filming spanky, Shane, and jacopo so it’s safe to say Shane will have a few clips if not a part.

What were they skating?

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #415 on: July 05, 2019, 03:58:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

What were they skating?
like a row of 3 or 4 ledges

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2213
« Reply #416 on: July 05, 2019, 04:17:50 PM »
Shane is gonna have some sick ass shuv it noseslide blah blahhhh

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Bony cawk

• Rep: 23
« Reply #417 on: July 05, 2019, 04:18:11 PM »
is it gonna be available on vhs ?

shit4breakfast

• Rep: -15
« Reply #418 on: July 05, 2019, 07:14:44 PM »
I’m having a hard time keeping faith that the Baker Boys will come through with a video half as impactful as Baker 3. To this day, it’s still the most influential and memorable video for me.

Surely Reynolds, Dollin, and Spanky have Supreme in back of their minds all time, but I’m ready for the next team purge to give Baker my full respect again. Also, did anyone notice that Baker didn’t post anything for Beagle’s bday? Maybe it’s because he makes all the bday edits, but still found it strange.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #419 on: July 05, 2019, 07:20:28 PM »
So... August what?