Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 249368 times)

SIMPLY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 32
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #660 on: October 18, 2019, 11:25:36 PM »
I'm coming out and being honest on slap, kader might just be a flop in the next few years... He sells because of a combination with his skin color and being picked up on baker. ALSO weirdly enough everyone is in love with his mouth, the way he hangs it open with that fore fronted smirk where you can see his braces n shit. People go crazy over that

Stop posting thanks

imuseless

• Rep: 14
« Reply #661 on: October 19, 2019, 12:08:00 AM »

Snow in Florida

« Reply #662 on: October 19, 2019, 01:32:38 AM »
I'm coming out and being honest on slap, kader might just be a flop in the next few years... He sells because of a combination with his skin color and being picked up on baker. ALSO weirdly enough everyone is in love with his mouth, the way he hangs it open with that fore fronted smirk where you can see his braces n shit. People go crazy over that

Nigga what

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #663 on: October 19, 2019, 06:33:13 AM »

I feel like you’re projecting some feelings that confuse and frighten you.

May I remind you he’s still a child, you dirty birdy?

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1191
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #664 on: October 19, 2019, 06:47:50 AM »
Ok, here’s what my old friend Wikipedia has to say:

Psychological projection is a defence mechanism in which the human ego defends itself against unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.

ScudMantels...  ahem... sound like anyone you know? 🧐
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Freight Train

« Reply #665 on: October 19, 2019, 06:50:18 AM »
This calls for the Infinity Kook button

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #666 on: October 19, 2019, 07:28:27 AM »
What the fuck

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #667 on: October 19, 2019, 07:36:49 AM »

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #668 on: October 19, 2019, 10:19:45 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

ShyLow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #669 on: October 19, 2019, 10:22:46 AM »

Mods please delete this post, account, thread, forum, URL and associated servers

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #670 on: October 19, 2019, 10:56:09 AM »
anyway...
Figgy means business

wurfnnjs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #671 on: October 19, 2019, 11:09:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I feel like you’re projecting some feelings that confuse and frighten you.

May I remind you he’s still a child, you dirty birdy?
I like to think maybe this is one of the teenage girl Kader fans that we all know are lurking everywhere on this forum.

But wtf is this about his skin color?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #672 on: October 19, 2019, 11:10:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
where does all this Kader hope come from? Ppl saying hes like the next Nyjah / child prodigy but I am yet to see any tricks out of his camp that are anything more than warm up tricks from the 90s era. I admit I dont stalk his insta, so please take this opportunity to enlighten me as to why yall think he is the saviour of Baker. Does he do jaw dropping nbd rail tech like Nugget? Does he bust down huge gaps like Joslin? Does he have some insane manual tech like Daewon? Does he have a crazy switch game like PRod? Does he have anything that sets him apart? I just dont get it. Are you all just regurgitating the Boss's early comments / hype about how good he is without evidence or has he been destroying in clips I missed (apart from that dime bombdrop)
[close]

I like how your whole argument of “what sets him apart” just boils down to “does he have characteristics of these other skaters”
[close]

There was no argument, just raising the question, and I wasnt saying he was shit if he didn't have those characteristics, just providing examples of how most the top skaters stand apart for doing SOMETHING better than the others.

Sure the kid can land basic tricks well, hes a fucking pro for Baker, but the hype surrounding him is unjustified so far. Wont matter tho, dude will frontside flip a 12 stair and boardslide a kinked rail and everyone will say they are the best ever versions of that trick, how hes good for his age (even though hes nearly a grown ass man) and how nice a guy he is, etc. Reynolds deserves a rise for pulling off the next TK hypemachine. Hes a master.
[close]
If you really wanted to know why he has the hype you can look up his web footage or even the ig clip i shared that you ignored. Like I said, you do not do back smith front 180s and kickflip back noseblunts like that and just be all hype. Or maybe your idea of "basic tricks" is just that high up. If so, good luck.
[close]

I did see all his IG clips and the link you posted. Not ignoring but not blown away yet either. No doubt the kid has a solid style and a growing bag of skate park tricks, how many of these he can take to baker sized street spots will be the test. Im not hating on him or anyone at Baker, still one of my top 3 board teams, just not a fan of overhype / marketing as its often like a religious cult. People start seeing shit that isn't there. I will judge him on tricks and style alone. The rest is just brainwash marketing shit.
Fair enough. Let's talk after November 29th. Park or not, being that comfortable with those tricks isn't a run of the mill thing. I have a feeling Baker's old school in that they don't release nutty shit on IG.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #673 on: October 19, 2019, 11:11:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
where does all this Kader hope come from? Ppl saying hes like the next Nyjah / child prodigy but I am yet to see any tricks out of his camp that are anything more than warm up tricks from the 90s era. I admit I dont stalk his insta, so please take this opportunity to enlighten me as to why yall think he is the saviour of Baker. Does he do jaw dropping nbd rail tech like Nugget? Does he bust down huge gaps like Joslin? Does he have some insane manual tech like Daewon? Does he have a crazy switch game like PRod? Does he have anything that sets him apart? I just dont get it. Are you all just regurgitating the Boss's early comments / hype about how good he is without evidence or has he been destroying in clips I missed (apart from that dime bombdrop)
[close]

I like how your whole argument of “what sets him apart” just boils down to “does he have characteristics of these other skaters”
[close]

There was no argument, just raising the question, and I wasnt saying he was shit if he didn't have those characteristics, just providing examples of how most the top skaters stand apart for doing SOMETHING better than the others.

Sure the kid can land basic tricks well, hes a fucking pro for Baker, but the hype surrounding him is unjustified so far. Wont matter tho, dude will frontside flip a 12 stair and boardslide a kinked rail and everyone will say they are the best ever versions of that trick, how hes good for his age (even though hes nearly a grown ass man) and how nice a guy he is, etc. Reynolds deserves a rise for pulling off the next TK hypemachine. Hes a master.
[close]
If you really wanted to know why he has the hype you can look up his web footage or even the ig clip i shared that you ignored. Like I said, you do not do back smith front 180s and kickflip back noseblunts like that and just be all hype. Or maybe your idea of "basic tricks" is just that high up. If so, good luck.
[close]

I did see all his IG clips and the link you posted. Not ignoring but not blown away yet either. No doubt the kid has a solid style and a growing bag of skate park tricks, how many of these he can take to baker sized street spots will be the test. Im not hating on him or anyone at Baker, still one of my top 3 board teams, just not a fan of overhype / marketing as its often like a religious cult. People start seeing shit that isn't there. I will judge him on tricks and style alone. The rest is just brainwash marketing shit.
Before you say the excitement around him is “unjustified” you could just wait for the fucking video to come out they’ve been working on for years. Instant gratification has fucked you up a bit.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 11:14:02 AM by Pappy Jones »

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #674 on: October 19, 2019, 03:16:25 PM »
'baker 4g' rolls off the tongue a lot better but thats just my opinion man
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #675 on: October 19, 2019, 03:40:23 PM »
My gauge for Kader part is if it’s better than Cory Kennedy’s beware the of Sasquatch part filmed around a similar age if it’s not then he doesn’t deserve to be pro simple as that. I’m guessing it’s not though.

Or maybe this will be like Herman’s baker 3 part where most his footage was relatively basic but good up until baker 3 and then he opens with the back noseblunt nollie heel  back tail line and cemented himself as one of the most stylish and talented skaters ever.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #676 on: October 19, 2019, 03:43:25 PM »
My gauge for Kader part is if it’s better than Cory Kennedy’s beware the of Sasquatch part filmed around a similar age if it’s not then he doesn’t deserve to be pro simple as that. I’m guessing it’s not though.

Or maybe this will be like Herman’s baker 3 part where most his footage was relatively basic but good up until baker 3 and then he opens with the back noseblunt nollie heel  back tail line and cemented himself as one of the most stylish and talented skaters ever.
I think Cory's beware of the sasquatch part is an unfair measuring stick. I mean, most pros couldn't put out a part of that quality.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #677 on: October 19, 2019, 03:48:28 PM »
“kader has to put out a nine minute part or the equivalent of a stylish yet basic line on a nondescript ledge spot”
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

shit4breakfast

• Rep: -15
« Reply #678 on: October 19, 2019, 05:30:13 PM »
Really hoping for some Greco clips

Copthorne14

• Rep: -24
« Reply #679 on: October 21, 2019, 04:18:39 AM »
Neckface was talking a bit about the vid on nine club but no date given.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #680 on: October 21, 2019, 08:41:44 PM »

Yeah just that he has 6 or so clips filmed for it....i dont know who will care but he thinks reynolds is putting him in the opening

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #681 on: October 21, 2019, 08:54:47 PM »

11/29

Rick_Kane

« Reply #682 on: October 21, 2019, 08:55:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah just that he has 6 or so clips filmed for it....i dont know who will care but he thinks reynolds is putting him in the opening

So he did a rock to fakie on a bank to curb six times and it's all going in the video? Holy shit Baker 4 is gonna suck.

fobrien

• Rep: -517
« Reply #683 on: October 21, 2019, 08:59:57 PM »
Reynolds does need a certain african america quota that with TK and the other thing with dreads and shitty tight trucks gone I don't know if Theotis and Kader can alone qualify for the percentage needed. Probably a good time for african middle schoolers to send sponsor-me videos to tha Boss.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #684 on: October 21, 2019, 09:02:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

So he did a rock to fakie on a bank to curb six times and it's all going in the video? Holy shit Baker 4 is gonna suck.

also did a slappy on a curb and did a hippy jump

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

dr. radishh

• Rep: 77
« Reply #685 on: October 22, 2019, 12:06:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

also did a slappy on a curb and did a hippy jump

front board 360 (270?) shove on the very end of a knee-high ledge

euro tm

« Reply #686 on: October 22, 2019, 12:32:02 PM »
Reynolds does need a certain african america quota that with TK and the other thing with dreads and shitty tight trucks gone I don't know if Theotis and Kader can alone qualify for the percentage needed. Probably a good time for african middle schoolers to send sponsor-me videos to tha Boss.

5 posts in and you're already worse than papo

Freight Train

« Reply #687 on: October 22, 2019, 02:18:46 PM »
All I know is, Drew would certainly approve of my rep and post count right now

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -135
« Reply #688 on: October 22, 2019, 02:36:46 PM »
IS the video actually going to play or we gonna have another riot. Can we make a poll?

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #689 on: October 22, 2019, 10:16:17 PM »
IS the video actually going to play or we gonna have another riot. Can we make a poll?
if bake and destroy of all videos caused a riot then baker 4 will be like Hong Kong and China