Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 249627 times)

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2241
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #810 on: November 04, 2019, 10:54:29 AM »
The video will release in full on the Thrasher site. There won't be hard copies available because of music rights and the music they're using. Which to me means they'll be using good music. Kind of a bummer but I'd rather have no hard copy than shitty royalty free music.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #811 on: November 04, 2019, 11:23:18 AM »
I know we shouldn't care in 2019, but I'm not gonna lie, that's a huge bummer to hear.

Manolo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 467
« Reply #812 on: November 04, 2019, 11:29:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If this is released gradually on thrasher (I don’t think it will be), I will focus my existence on this planet.
[close]
[close]
[close]

I just want this to be released on dvd, that I can preorder and watch in one sitting.

I sure miss that.

You can burn it make a custom label and mail it to yourself.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #813 on: November 04, 2019, 11:43:58 AM »
The video will release in full on the Thrasher site. There won't be hard copies available because of music rights and the music they're using. Which to me means they'll be using good music. Kind of a bummer but I'd rather have no hard copy than shitty royalty free music.

Yea I wanted a DVD but you’re right I’d rather have real music, the way a Baker video should be

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #814 on: November 04, 2019, 11:51:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yea I wanted a DVD but you’re right I’d rather have real music, the way a Baker video should be
If only other brands had this attitude about their projects.

Yu Dum

« Reply #815 on: November 04, 2019, 12:56:25 PM »
Baker 4's gonna have me jumping down shit again after this drops... I can feel it in my knees.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #816 on: November 04, 2019, 02:10:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’m kinda with you, the music makes the part a lot of times for me. I’ll take the decent music over a dvd. Especially since i can just burn that shit to one

colinquinn

• Rep: 8
« Reply #817 on: November 04, 2019, 02:14:48 PM »
I'll trade good music for no DVD, but only if Baker "The Fif" comes out on vinyl video.

rukes

• Rep: 216
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #818 on: November 04, 2019, 02:16:35 PM »
How do thrasher get around the music rights?
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #819 on: November 04, 2019, 02:18:52 PM »
How do thrasher get around the music rights?

by paying a licensing fee that allows them to stream a video with that song for a certain amount of time or indefinitely

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #820 on: November 04, 2019, 02:28:24 PM »
Baker 4's gonna have me jumping down shit again after this drops... I can feel it in my knees.

I've always wanted to float a nollie back heel down something big. Too bad I can't do that trick at all and limit myself to five stairs.

Yonnycage

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -82
« Reply #821 on: November 04, 2019, 02:58:42 PM »
Expand Quote
My gauge for Kader part is if it’s better than Cory Kennedy’s beware the of Sasquatch part filmed around a similar age if it’s not then he doesn’t deserve to be pro simple as that. I’m guessing it’s not though.

Or maybe this will be like Herman’s baker 3 part where most his footage was relatively basic but good up until baker 3 and then he opens with the back noseblunt nollie heel  back tail line and cemented himself as one of the most stylish and talented skaters ever.
[close]
I think Cory's beware of the sasquatch part is an unfair measuring stick. I mean, most pros couldn't put out a part of that quality.

Yeaahhh that’s kind of an impossible part to top next to WHL.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #822 on: November 04, 2019, 03:04:13 PM »
really? no hardcopies? fucking god damn so bummed...at least good music...
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #823 on: November 04, 2019, 06:19:55 PM »
really i am looking forward to the subliminals beagle1ism fires at stroebeck further instigating the "quiet war" brewing between the two camps

explain that

Little Debbie

« Reply #824 on: November 05, 2019, 10:44:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
His last part was Bake & Destroy, right? Which was shared with Baca. Then he bombed Baxter a few years later. No clips in Purple. Like am I missing something? He’s not OG Baker, so I don’t get really get it. I’m guessing he’ll have a few tricks in Baca’s part, but the dude has been fucking slacking.
[close]

he's the fucking nuge
[close]
yeah youre right you dont get it. keep skating kid

free max b
he fucking ollied El Toro still drunk from the night before. respect.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #825 on: November 05, 2019, 11:40:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
His last part was Bake & Destroy, right? Which was shared with Baca. Then he bombed Baxter a few years later. No clips in Purple. Like am I missing something? He’s not OG Baker, so I don’t get really get it. I’m guessing he’ll have a few tricks in Baca’s part, but the dude has been fucking slacking.
[close]

he's the fucking nuge
[close]
yeah youre right you dont get it. keep skating kid

free max b
[close]
he fucking ollied El Toro still drunk from the night before. respect.
I don’t know man. That shit is so old I remember watching it on the 411 site through QuickTime player. But it is el Toro.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #826 on: November 05, 2019, 08:15:50 PM »
disappointing there wont be any hard copies but if they can ball out on music i guess that a good thing. I dont think ive ever been as excited for a video to drop as baker4, im scared im putting it up to a standard impossible to live up to

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 84
« Reply #827 on: November 06, 2019, 04:47:11 AM »
yea the impossible standards thing is true.  baker 3 was epic for me not only for what it was but for when it came out.  i was in like 7th grade when i watched ellington start up that chainsaw and bray lighting that huge joint.  now much older with a chip on my shoulder i dont think a skate vid will ever shock me in the same way b3 did.

that said, if the skating is legit and i get some good laughs and theres some memorable quotes, ill call that a success.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #828 on: November 06, 2019, 05:01:18 AM »

Damn that’s a bummer but I’m with you on having better music and no hard copy. I’m sure the video is gonna be a good one, wish I could add it to my collection. The way of the future is everything on a cloud...

Ocelot

« Reply #829 on: November 06, 2019, 05:23:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn that’s a bummer but I’m with you on having better music and no hard copy. I’m sure the video is gonna be a good one, wish I could add it to my collection. The way of the future is everything on a cloud...

As long as it's on youtube you can download in highquality/60fps pretty easy

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
« Reply #830 on: November 06, 2019, 07:21:47 AM »
Can anyone reccommend a external dvd burner for a pc with no disc drive? I've heard the software for those are often a nightmare.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #831 on: November 06, 2019, 07:56:55 AM »
Can anyone reccommend a external dvd burner for a pc with no disc drive? I've heard the software for those are often a nightmare.

Thankfully my laptop is the last relic of a time gone by and still has a disc drive

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #832 on: November 06, 2019, 09:19:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thankfully my laptop is the last relic of a time gone by and still has a disc drive
If the vid comes out free, I'll venmo you a few bucks to burn me a baker 4 haha.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #833 on: November 06, 2019, 10:49:35 AM »
While I get the "No physical release/better music" thing I'm pissed I won't have a complete Baker DVD/VHS collection on the shelf.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
  • Free Max B
« Reply #834 on: November 06, 2019, 11:52:33 AM »
ill be selling baker4 dvd-rs

free max b
FREE MAX B

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1224
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #835 on: November 06, 2019, 11:58:24 AM »

free max b
drop your Venmo on the 29th  :-*

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #836 on: November 06, 2019, 12:14:02 PM »
It just hit me that after months of reading this thread this shit is going to actually come out in a few weeks.

squippy

• Rep: -65
« Reply #837 on: November 06, 2019, 12:24:32 PM »

free max b

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #838 on: November 06, 2019, 12:25:54 PM »

free max b
Return of the Baker Bootleg.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #839 on: November 06, 2019, 02:59:59 PM »

free max b

pre-ordered