Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 249329 times)

MarmaladeCoyote

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #1230 on: November 22, 2019, 02:28:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It always weirds me out when people who are in the actual video show up to their own video premiere with their board. Why would you do that?

-you used it for transportation, can‘t afford a taxi so you decided to carry a deck around the whole night?
-you go directly from the session to the party, wouldn‘t you shower? Don‘t you have other stuff to do before the premiere than skate?

I guess that‘s when the skateboard becomes a fashion statement... “look how legit i am, true skaterat, just squeezing the premiere in between sessions but honestly not caring about that video at all.
[close]
Are you talking about Reynolds? I'm sure he doesn't care about the video at all...
[close]
Of course he cares about the whole night, that‘s why i am surprised why you would choose to carry a board around like a ball and chain. But whatevs.
[close]
I'm sure he's just too old to care about what's proper premiere etiquette.
[close]
I don‘t give a shit about etiquette, it just looks incredible impractical to me.
[close]

Brought his board to the made 2 premiere too

[close]
Them spitfires looking clean
This is a great point.  Look at the board.  Clean wheels with the graphic facing out?  Graphic and sponsor clearly visible, deck barely skated.  TONS of photos get taken at premieres...maybe Reynolds does this for his sponsors. 

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #1231 on: November 22, 2019, 02:39:15 PM »
Y'all remember when Gipper was crying cuz the theater wouldn't let him bring his board into the Adidas premiere?

Burton Ernie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 68
    • Black Mesa avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1232 on: November 22, 2019, 02:43:43 PM »
Emerica sticker on Reynolds board? Thought he was of?

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #1233 on: November 22, 2019, 02:44:34 PM »
pics from the emerica made 2 premiere
:) I must have been tripping last night

Pavs323

• Rep: 13
« Reply #1234 on: November 22, 2019, 02:46:12 PM »
Emerica sticker on Reynolds board? Thought he was of?

That’s an old photo from an Emerica premiere.

pizza bitch

• Rep: 129
  • mhmmmmmmmm
« Reply #1235 on: November 22, 2019, 02:46:46 PM »
What about Brad Hayes?
A beast. Fosho.

morningcommute

« Reply #1236 on: November 22, 2019, 02:58:17 PM »
what was up with reynolds shoes- was he in a mix of emerica and vans throughout the section?
Has he been legit announced on vans yet?

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #1237 on: November 22, 2019, 02:58:37 PM »
A little surprised/disappointed that Rowan doesn’t seem to be getting the love on this thread, was looking forward to his part more than any of the non OGs.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #1238 on: November 22, 2019, 03:01:50 PM »
My local eluded to getting copies soon and I’m hanging on to that thread of hope.

Ocelot

« Reply #1239 on: November 22, 2019, 03:05:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
deathwish section?
[close]

Nope
[close]

Lizard seemed pretty bummed on Instagram.
[close]

Can you post a screenshot?
[close]

Too hard to do all that on my phone, but basically he posted a clip, someone commented something like "whoa, straight to the gram?" And he replied something like "no reason to hold footage now."

A few days ago he commented on a baker post saying "I heard the deathwish section is sick."

Seems like he's upset that he's not in the video for the team he's not on. 🤷‍♂️

they definitely filmed clips for it, the clip he posted on his insta is in the same style as the footage from baker 4

kinda sucks as deathwish were putting out full parts from their riders for thrasher and nobody remembers them apart from jake hayes' one

i don't see any reason why there wouldn't be a small stacked deathwish section in the video

on the other hand greco should film the next deathwish video! would be cool to see him do something with the deathwish 80's warrior aesthetic in his own indie/art-house way

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #1240 on: November 22, 2019, 03:27:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He's got four very forgettable tricks in Baca's part, who went the fuck in, holy shit.
[close]
Wait who?
[close]

He was responding so someone posting then deleting “What about Nuge”
[close]
I wonder how Dee and Cyril feel watching the Nuge cruise through this video with 4 tricks and absolutely no internet skate presence for at least half a decade. I'm not a fan of either of those kids but they were posting skating and Dee at least had a full part within the last 4 years.
Been a huge fan of Nuge since C.A, but them kicking off three young guys (Dee, Cyril, Donta even tho he fucking sucked) but keeping Nuge despite him having only 4 tricks leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Dude is clearly coasting now, he's in the twilight of his career and will maybe put out another 3 minutes of footage TOTAL in the next decade.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1241 on: November 22, 2019, 03:30:42 PM »
Expand Quote
but did they use street hassle?
[close]

For the credits. Credits were over black and just had a Brad Hayes clip in between. Maybe this is just the premiere version.

Baca skates to “whoop there it is” for a second and then Earth Angels by The Penguins if I remember correctly.

Seriously? I was hoping for some Mexican So Cal rap stuff.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #1242 on: November 22, 2019, 03:40:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
He's got four very forgettable tricks in Baca's part, who went the fuck in, holy shit.
[close]
Wait who?
[close]

[close]
I wonder how Dee and Cyril feel watching the Nuge cruise through this video with 4 tricks and absolutely no internet skate presence for at least half a decade. I'm not a fan of either of those kids but they were posting skating and Dee at least had a full part within the last 4 years.
[close]
Been a huge fan of Nuge since C.A, but them kicking off three young guys (Dee, Cyril, Donta even tho he fucking sucked) but keeping Nuge despite him having only 4 tricks leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Dude is clearly coasting now, he's in the twilight of his career and will maybe put out another 3 minutes of footage TOTAL in the next decade.

Nuge saved a lot of people’s lives in South Africa - pretty sure that means you get a bored for as long as you want it.

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #1243 on: November 22, 2019, 03:44:04 PM »
Expand Quote
What about Brad Hayes?
[close]
A beast. Fosho.

Did they make fun of his laces?
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #1244 on: November 22, 2019, 04:01:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Wait who?
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

Nuge saved a lot of people’s lives in South Africa - pretty sure that means you get a bored for as long as you want it.

Please elaborate, i've never heard this story and am interested

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #1245 on: November 22, 2019, 04:10:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Wait who?
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Sanka Coffie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 258
  • The best push-cart driver in all of Jamaica
« Reply #1246 on: November 22, 2019, 04:12:05 PM »
I'm so happy to hear that Baca has a full part

this. Never thought I'd see the day

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #1247 on: November 22, 2019, 04:13:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Wait who?
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Could be very wrong, but my understanding is that their sprinter van's brakes went out going down a mountain. Nuge steered into someone's adobe hut versus flying off a cliff to certain death. There's a pic of the damage out there floating around.
edit- shralp pal beat me to it
edit edit- I was right
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 04:28:04 PM by Manny Fapuiao »
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #1248 on: November 22, 2019, 04:16:00 PM »
my shop asked about a premiere

jeff lenoce hit back with "sick do it!  it's online the 29th!"

everyone will have already fucking watched it at 8am that morning - sick

In all fairness why the fuck would anyone go to Lenoce for that

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #1249 on: November 22, 2019, 04:18:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

because he is the in house sales guy at baker boys. it's literally his job.

hamonrye

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1250 on: November 22, 2019, 04:18:46 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Pretty sure he works for Baker Boys Dist. now.

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #1251 on: November 22, 2019, 04:23:19 PM »
Excited to see Bacas part. Some friends went to the premiere and told me he had best part.
Baca deserves to do some sort of speech similar to Ali's post fight interview when he beat Foreman.

So many people on here doubting him and saying he's just been milking it all these years when he's been skating THIS WHOLE DAMN TIME. Reminds me of that Phelps quote from some epicly laterd that was something along the lines of "just cuz you don't see footage of someone all the time doesn't mean they're still not out there killing it. You think Julian doesn't still bomb hills? You think Ethan Fowler can't still ollie over your fucking car?" Also someone on here, I forgot who, once said about Bacas lack of footy "Baca is too busy skating to be filming" and I've always thought that rang true.

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #1252 on: November 22, 2019, 04:31:24 PM »
The real question is, did we get another gay bird moment?

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1253 on: November 22, 2019, 04:33:09 PM »
im impatient, someone give up the full spoiler edition!

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #1254 on: November 22, 2019, 04:45:59 PM »
I admit I was one of Baca’s skeptics and I am very excited to be wrong.

mongopushingmallgraber

• Rep: 31
    • Voicemail avatar image
« Reply #1255 on: November 22, 2019, 05:09:19 PM »
Bacas part was so fucking good and so memorable at the premiere. When he landed his last 2 tricks, everyone was losing their god damn minds, whole theater stood up and just screamin and shit. It was so epic  8)

CanadianBacon

• Rep: -70
« Reply #1256 on: November 22, 2019, 05:12:53 PM »
So excited to see Baca,  cholo Baca is fucking sick!!!

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1257 on: November 22, 2019, 05:16:13 PM »
I might have to vacate this thread for a week I’m stoked and don’t think I want more spoilers

maxi-pad

• Rep: 23
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1258 on: November 22, 2019, 05:16:49 PM »
Video was pretty amazing. Opens with Neckface spray painting Jake Phelps on Sunset Car Wash

No Cramps style intro.

Kader first part. Baby to Grown. I wasnt a fan before but he made me one with this part.

T Funk's part is INSANE. So many gnarly tricks. He back smith late front shuv's that brick ledge in NY Suciu always skates. No El Toro though.

Dollin has a full part and its very pleasing!

Spanky's Part is fucking great. Skates to a cover of "Baby I Love You" by The Ronnettes.

Herman has a part. I was suprised he had some great shit.

Theotis serves as the new TK. Driving around in his expensive car and doing really hard manuals.

BACA's part is soooooo fucked! He got a standing ovation. Should of probably been last part. He noseslides the same
 curved rail he noseslid for his pig wood ender but throws a 270 shuv out the hard way!

Riley has a part.

Reynolds clips are scattered throughout the video. His actual part is pretty short though.

Elissa has a part it was great.

Figgy has ender. Its fucked.

No Antwuan clips.

The soundtrack is really good. Editing is similar to a supreme video with a lot of raw clips.

......are u matt price

Peter Peter

• Rep: 3
« Reply #1259 on: November 22, 2019, 05:24:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Video was pretty amazing. Opens with Neckface spray painting Jake Phelps on Sunset Car Wash

No Cramps style intro.

Kader first part. Baby to Grown. I wasnt a fan before but he made me one with this part.

T Funk's part is INSANE. So many gnarly tricks. He back smith late front shuv's that brick ledge in NY Suciu always skates. No El Toro though.

Dollin has a full part and its very pleasing!

Spanky's Part is fucking great. Skates to a cover of "Baby I Love You" by The Ronnettes.

Herman has a part. I was suprised he had some great shit.

Theotis serves as the new TK. Driving around in his expensive car and doing really hard manuals.

BACA's part is soooooo fucked! He got a standing ovation. Should of probably been last part. He noseslides the same
 curved rail he noseslid for his pig wood ender but throws a 270 shuv out the hard way!

Riley has a part.

Reynolds clips are scattered throughout the video. His actual part is pretty short though.

Elissa has a part it was great.

Figgy has ender. Its fucked.

No Antwuan clips.

The soundtrack is really good. Editing is similar to a supreme video with a lot of raw clips.
[close]

......are u matt price

......................no.................are you Freddie Prinze Jr?