Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 249709 times)

Rockin Robbin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 425
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #1260 on: November 22, 2019, 05:37:31 PM »
Spanky's Part is fucking great. Skates to a cover of "Baby I Love You" by The Ronnettes.

Was it the Ramones version?
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

Nancy Chin The Manicurist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 222
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1261 on: November 22, 2019, 06:28:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Spanky's Part is fucking great. Skates to a cover of "Baby I Love You" by The Ronnettes.
[close]

If it was the Ramones version , then Spanky already has my favorite part before I’ve even seen the video.

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1262 on: November 22, 2019, 06:35:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If it was the Ramones version , then Spanky already has my favorite part before I’ve even seen the video.

I'm pretty sure it was The Ramones version, it was such a good combo.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 166
« Reply #1263 on: November 22, 2019, 06:45:04 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
but did they use street hassle?
[close]

For the credits. Credits were over black and just had a Brad Hayes clip in between. Maybe this is just the premiere version.

Baca skates to “whoop there it is” for a second and then Earth Angels by The Penguins if I remember correctly.
[close]

Seriously? I was hoping for some Mexican So Cal rap stuff.
In all honesty skating to some Doo Wop is cholo as fuck.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #1264 on: November 22, 2019, 07:21:04 PM »

This is what I want to know

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #1265 on: November 22, 2019, 07:23:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This is what I want to know

it was playing in the cinema before the movie started and maybe once or twice in the video

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #1266 on: November 22, 2019, 07:54:06 PM »
I might have to vacate this thread for a week I’m stoked and don’t think I want more spoilers

same

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1267 on: November 22, 2019, 07:55:44 PM »
I hope street hassle is in the intro. Ok I gotta leave this thread.

Tuff Lover

• Rep: 4
« Reply #1268 on: November 22, 2019, 08:03:11 PM »
Nuge saved a lot of people’s lives in South Africa - pretty sure that means you get a bored for as long as you want it.

Manny Fapuiao

• Rep: 110
« Reply #1269 on: November 22, 2019, 08:55:46 PM »
im impatient, someone give up the full spoiler edition!
got some info and im ready to leave as well but hateboard, im so curious of the context behind your sig
I've had a better understanding of what is happening around me while smoking Salvia as a passenger in a moving vehicle than reading your post

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 986
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1270 on: November 22, 2019, 09:19:51 PM »
The real question is, did we get another gay bird moment?

ya but just a feather
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #1271 on: November 22, 2019, 09:51:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

haha seemed like it was going off the preview video/josh harmonys insta in this thread
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 01:15:07 AM by WastedHippy »

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #1272 on: November 22, 2019, 09:52:13 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
got some info and im ready to leave as well but hateboard, im so curious of the context behind your sig

Carlos wins tampa pro, doin the hi5 ceremony, some kid tries to get a photo, falls down quarterpipe backwards, everyones instinct is to laugh at the poor kid and film it rather than be concerned or sympathetic. It captures the animal kingdom / asshole nature at the belly of the skateboarding beast. You can rewatch it from the perspective of everyone in the clip and see their own douche response.

Ok now lay the hard spoils down, why am I hearing no mention of Kader? 10 mins part must have something of memorable nature in it. How was Dollins part? I wanna hear shots fired, who had worst part? Who put in least effort? What was Murdys banger? Did it feel like a Baker vid with the new HD cams and team? Was there any weed ramble and security run in hijinx? Gimme!

showbobs

• Rep: -1
« Reply #1273 on: November 22, 2019, 11:05:59 PM »
I don't think I've never been more excited for a video in my life

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #1274 on: November 22, 2019, 11:10:09 PM »

Credits

ballintoohard

« Reply #1275 on: November 23, 2019, 01:40:26 AM »
How long until Rowan and Kader leave for the FA camp? Rowan to Hockey, Kader to FA.

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
« Reply #1276 on: November 23, 2019, 02:03:51 AM »
Rowan was the best by far.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #1277 on: November 23, 2019, 02:54:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Carlos wins tampa pro, doin the hi5 ceremony, some kid tries to get a photo, falls down quarterpipe backwards, everyones instinct is to laugh at the poor kid and film it rather than be concerned or sympathetic. It captures the animal kingdom / asshole nature at the belly of the skateboarding beast. You can rewatch it from the perspective of everyone in the clip and see their own douche response.

Ok now lay the hard spoils down, why am I hearing no mention of Kader? 10 mins part must have something of memorable nature in it. How was Dollins part? I wanna hear shots fired, who had worst part? Who put in least effort? What was Murdys banger? Did it feel like a Baker vid with the new HD cams and team? Was there any weed ramble and security run in hijinx? Gimme!

Who do you think had worst part haha. I watched a good amount of it on someone’s ig live. A bunch of people I know went. From what I watched it’s enjoyable but the first half feels kinda off. Reynolds pulls an away days gonz and just has sporadic tricks in the first half then his part which is kinda short and mostly filmed within the last few months.

My biggest take away is a lot the older guys stuff seems like it was filmed in the last 5 months if that. Jacopos part was kinda short . I really wanna know where all the excess footage Reynolds, spanky , and Herman had is cause a good amount of it was filmed around July- October.

Bacas part is sick. Rowan is a standout . I got tired of the valley kid screaming in Spanish at the screen as he was recording and gave up after Rowans part. It’s no baker 3 but it’s enjoyable.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #1278 on: November 23, 2019, 04:34:55 AM »
I don't think I've never been more excited for a video in my life

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #1279 on: November 23, 2019, 04:47:11 AM »
T Funk went off but no El Toro as rumoured.
Baca put in work.
Figgy was nuts considering how burnt he looks and how long he’s been skating big rails.
Herman had some gold.
Jacopo does some crazy high speed ledge tricks, but as predicted does not fit in at all.
Dollin got a couple lucky ones but is not aging well.
Was expecting a lot more from Kader and Rowan, but I guess Supreme is their bread and butter now.  Was that set Kader does his ender down a 9 stair?
Zach, Riley and Theo should’ve been cut.
Cool to see Elissa, could’ve done without Murdy/Beagle/Heyl.
Spanky obviously tried but I can only handle so many forgettable bank tricks.
Video was wayyyyy too long, and the hijynx were practically nonexistent.

I know I sound like a bitter ass hater, which I guess I am, but that doesn’t mean I’m wrong.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #1280 on: November 23, 2019, 04:59:42 AM »
Riley obviously blew his load with that way too long Lakai part but still deserves it. I think if this video says anything it’s that Reynolds has almost the opposite problem of girl and puts just anyone on cause he’s having a hard time recreating the original baker magic .its an interesting piece on why  board companies don’t seem to have the staying power .

You can’t be too niche like baker, girl and fa but going full bland directionless style like real doesn’t work either . Or brands created since 2000 it seems only krooked has gotten it right.  Also Zach Allen deserves nothing and I’m sure multiple slap pals could do the majority of that part.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

REGS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #1281 on: November 23, 2019, 05:46:43 AM »
Video was wayyyyy too long, and the hijynx were practically nonexistent.

I feel a bit this way. Spoilers...

Kader has some gnarly shit but his ender is nollie backside flip down a 9, which seemed weird. Like 5 other tricks go down that set during the video too.

T-Funk has a great part, strong second parts are nice.

Wasn't expecting anything from Dollin so I liked it, he skates to Alex Cameron's 'The Comeback' which I enjoyed thoroughly. People will obviously gloss over the fact he's 40 with 6 knee surgeries to his name and expect something way gnarlier.

Jacopo's part is sick, didn't seem out of place to me. Don't think he's turning pro yet though.

I hate Tyson Peterson.

Zach Allen is whatever.

Spanky does skate to that Ramones song which was cool - he skates to two songs and has a decent amount of footage. It's pretty much as expected if you've been following his photo coverage and Instagram stuff.

Bryan Herman is next, pretty forgettable part but I actually really like the Spanky > Herman sequence.

Elissa doesn't really have a part but she has a handful of good footage. Shane Heyl has guest tricks in her section and it gets a bit montagey around here with a bit of Reynolds.

Riley Hawk > Theotis then back-to-back and I start getting over it.

Reynolds section is next, probably 2 minutes of footage? Not insane but I like it.

Then Sammy Baca's part which is fucking sick as mentioned. Two songs but the first 'song' is his car radio background music. Lots of Vegas footage, ditches, etc.

Beagle has a little section after this, with Murdy footage and a bunch of random shit. Neckface trick.

Then it's Rowan's part and I reckon best part in the video. I like it better than his Blessed part. Filmed better mostly. Actually, Beagle's long lens filming is really good. The filming in the whole video is mostly solid which I maybe didn't expect.

Figgy last part, lotta gnarly handrails, but he's had better parts I thought. Ender of the video is the Thrasher cover. No outro.

Runtime is 1:20 so it's as lengthy as Blessed.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 05:51:52 AM by REGS »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #1282 on: November 23, 2019, 05:50:45 AM »
Please if anyone gets an insider link before nov 29, D M me .
What I usually dislike in skate videos is lifestyle shots and Hijinks bullshit. Very exited that shit is to a minimum in this video.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 05:54:12 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #1283 on: November 23, 2019, 06:29:09 AM »
It's a solid video. Not great, but particular parts have solid replay value, but as a video as a whole I don't think I'll watch it again.

I like that Elissa look's as if she teleported from 1996. I really liked her few tricks.

Riley Hawk's part is basically a continuation of The Flare and his part sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'll gladly donate to Theotis' gofundme when he inevitably has to file for bankrupcy by the age of 35.

I hate rail skating, but I like watching Tyson skate rails. He has a good style for it.

I really like T-Funk but those arms still annoy me. Feel like he wasn't dropping the knee though which he is prone to do doing.

Spanky put in work and it showed.

I was expecting more from Jacopo. I liked what he had. But he was lucky to have a dozen clips in his part.

I enjoyed how Dollin's part was edited to that Alex Cameron song.

A lot of Herman's stuff was quite old, bar the one or two clips in Vans.

Sammy Baca should definitely had last part. It would've been very Baker to have him last, so was surprised that he didn't get it and they went a more 'safer' route by having Figgy.

Rowan is probably the most natural looking skateboarder out there. I'm glad Logan Lara filmed post of his part.

Zach is truly awful. He hasn't repaid the faith that Reynolds and his sponsors have shown in him.

Soundtrack below -

Jake Phelps Tribute/Intro - Moondog - Pastoral
Kader #1 - New York Dolls - Sevenday Weekend
Kader #2 - The Rolling Stones - Shine A Light
T Funk #1 - Beastie Boys - Heart Attack Man
T Funk #2 - Rudimentary Peni - Pachelbel’s Cannon In E
Dollin - Alex Cameron - The Comeback
Jacopo - Aida - Rino Gaetano
Tyson - Boogie Down Productions - 9MM Goes Bang
Zach - Freestyle Fellowship - Everything’s Everything
Spanky #1 - Ty Segall & White Fence  - Beginning
Spanky #2 - Ramones - Baby, I Love You
Herman Intro - Three Six Mafia - Ridin N The Chevy
Herman - Ariel Pink - Time To Live
Elissa/Montage - Spaceman 3 - Girl On Fire (Demo)
Riley - Nirvana - Radio Friendly Unit Shifter
Theotis -  Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can’t Go For That (No Can Do)
Reynolds - Brian Eno - The Big Ship
Sammy #1 - Tag Team Feat 95 South - Whoomp! There It Is
Sammy #2 - The Penguins  - Earth Angel
Sammy #3 - Bone Thugs-N-Harmony - Mo Murda
Montage - ?
Rowan - Les Fleurs - Minnie Riperton
Figgy - Eric Burdon & The Animals - To Love Somebody
Credits - Lou Reed - Street Hassle

« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 06:30:46 AM by HORSES »

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #1284 on: November 23, 2019, 06:54:36 AM »
i love that all the reynolds footage is edited in a way that makes him about to be an astronaut who is about to go on a mission and his friends know he's never coming back
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 06:57:37 AM by honey island »

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 281
« Reply #1285 on: November 23, 2019, 06:56:48 AM »
haven’t seen it but kader skatingvto new york dolls and rolling stones seems like a really weird decision

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #1286 on: November 23, 2019, 07:01:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Any cRAP songs? Ronettes cover is so sick!
[close]

Using this makes you sound like a 50 year old right wing uncle on Facebook. Baker vids are supposed to have rap btw.

that or a person with a good taste in music. Outkast, Wu, Mobb, UGK, 36 Mafia, would be fine and make sense, I was more referring to any rap post 2002 or so.  But i get it you're a lil wayne yachty fan, good on ya.

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #1287 on: November 23, 2019, 07:20:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Accidental renascence photo. Hope I spelled that right.

I don’t know why, but this is such a sick photo.
Generally I’m not into that shit but, you know. Baker baker baker
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #1288 on: November 23, 2019, 07:26:06 AM »

well you're a lou reed fan so you also have a good taste in music, makes your comment that much more confusing to me. You cannot be a lou/VU fan as well as a crap fan...it's illegal

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1292
« Reply #1289 on: November 23, 2019, 07:32:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

well you're a lou reed fan so you also have a good taste in music, makes your comment that much more confusing to me. You cannot be a lou/VU fan as well as a crap fan...it's illegal
I'm not a huge rap fan but even in popular hip hop, there has been decent artists post 2002. Kendrick and even Tyler's new stuff comes to mind. Kid Cudi and Kanye's "Kids See Ghosts" was also decent. I'm sure if you dig in deeper, there will be good stuff that comes. Can't just limit yourself because kids pick the shittiest trap rap to edit to these days...