Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 248557 times)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #2160 on: December 03, 2019, 07:24:47 AM »
there's a venn diagram in with Silas, Bledsoe, and Herman in it (appearance-wise).  Not sure who fits in which part

doyle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 210
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2161 on: December 03, 2019, 08:14:32 AM »
there's a venn diagram in with Silas, Bledsoe, and Herman in it (appearance-wise).  Not sure who fits in which part

Couldn't help but notice how much Herman looked like new Zero guy Adam Arunski in this clip.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #2162 on: December 03, 2019, 12:06:35 PM »
Did anyone do a buttload of tail drop kickflips after baker 3 came out?

I remember right after that video I started doing them off any drop thing I could find. Most of the time it wouldn't even land into an incline, so I just land and stand there stationary. I used to just find big straight drops to do it off and just not go anywhere after. Just land, feel sort of cool, then eventually push away.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 12:25:40 PM by Bristol_Palin »

Adrian Fernandez

• Rep: -3
« Reply #2163 on: December 03, 2019, 12:38:15 PM »
Spanky part was good
Baca and Figgy had best parts
Tfunk and Kader were average at best
Editing was not good, you can't defend it. They can at least put a little more effort into the video. It just seemed like a lot of people in the video didn't take it seriously. They had so much time to film and it seemed like the video was filmed in the past year.
Also can someone explain to me what happened to Cyril, Donta and Dee Ostrander
Bring back the Angus Bacon and Cheese!

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #2164 on: December 03, 2019, 12:54:54 PM »

Yes, but I think that was a side effect of being 14. Tail drop kickflips where the style at the time
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2165 on: December 03, 2019, 01:39:01 PM »
I have on good authority Baca won SOTY from Dirt Backyards & Bench Press Equipment Quarterly

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #2166 on: December 03, 2019, 08:53:14 PM »
Long Version:

Zhuangzi's wife died. When Huizu went to convey his condolences, he found Zhuangzi sitting with his legs sprawled out, pounding on a tub and singing. "You lived with her, she brought up your children and grew old," said Huizu. "It should be enough simply not to weep at her death. But pounding on a tub and singing - this is going too far, isn't it?"

Zhuangzi said, "You're wrong. When she first died, do you think I didn't grieve like anyone else? But I looked back to her beginning and the time before she was born. Not only the time before she was born, but the time before she had a body. Not only the time before she had a body, but the time before she had a spirit. In the midst of the jumble of wonder and mystery a change took place and she had a spirit. Another change and she had a body. Another change and she was born. Now there's been another change and she's dead. It's just like the progression of the four seasons, spring, summer, fall, winter.

Short Version:

We all die.  If we're lucky, we age and die.  Reynolds rolls up to the Hollywood 16.  Then it's Beagle's dog.  Whoomp. There it is.
This got buried awhile back but I love this take

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #2167 on: December 03, 2019, 09:05:07 PM »
Spanky part was good
Editing was not good, you can't defend it. They can at least put a little more effort into the video. It just seemed like a lot of people in the video didn't take it seriously. They had so much time to film and it seemed like the video was filmed in the past year.

You gotta get your fucking head checked if you thought T-Funk’s part was average at best...

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #2168 on: December 04, 2019, 01:20:03 AM »
Spanky part was good

What the fuck are you talking about? Did you not watch his part?

MC Solaar

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2169 on: December 04, 2019, 02:57:54 AM »

Would very much like to see this.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2170 on: December 04, 2019, 07:33:55 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Would very much like to see this.
Sweater game is strong with all three

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2171 on: December 04, 2019, 08:28:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Spanky part was good
[close]

What the fuck are you talking about? Did you not watch his part?
T-Funk's arms are easy to make fun of but he does crazy enough shit to warrant them. That gap to wallride to bomb through the movie set was enough alone to get me hyped to skate. If his part was just that and the noseblunt drop in, I would still think it was one of the highlights of the vid.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #2172 on: December 04, 2019, 12:46:47 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yes, but I think that was a side effect of being 14. Tail drop kickflips where the style at the time

glad to know I wasn't alone.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2173 on: December 04, 2019, 01:06:09 PM »
I saw footage on IG of spanky doing a hurricane grind on the garfield rail and then a frontside kickflip down the second set. how come they didn't use that footage?

Little Debbie

« Reply #2174 on: December 04, 2019, 01:39:42 PM »
Reynolds interview on Thrasher makes it seem like they weren't producing enough.

"Eventually if they’re doing less work and getting the same as everybody else you would start to think like, Okay, well, I guess that’s just what I can do. It’s just bad for everything. It doesn’t send a message of, like, to be on this team you have to work hard and skate hard, be cool with everybody, a lot of things go into it."

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #2175 on: December 04, 2019, 02:00:42 PM »
I have on good authority Baca won SOTY from Dirt Backyards & Bench Press Equipment Quarterly
The level of commitment that Baca displays towards  his Cholo-Cosplay, is simply incredible homie. It’s all in the details homie. He’s repping for the little homies, homie.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2176 on: December 04, 2019, 02:02:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Reynolds interview on Thrasher makes it seem like they weren't producing enough.

"Eventually if they’re doing less work and getting the same as everybody else you would start to think like, Okay, well, I guess that’s just what I can do. It’s just bad for everything. It doesn’t send a message of, like, to be on this team you have to work hard and skate hard, be cool with everybody, a lot of things go into it."
I'm sure keeping Nuge on is sending a great message to the rest of the team.

specialgee

• Rep: -10
« Reply #2177 on: December 04, 2019, 10:13:08 PM »
so is it coming in August or what ??

Peter Peter

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2178 on: December 04, 2019, 11:19:39 PM »
https://youtu.be/RCTKqLkl_YM
Every trick in Dollins Baker 3 part is better than Baker 4
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 08:29:14 AM by Peter Peter »

EAT PUSSY!

• Rep: 29
« Reply #2179 on: December 05, 2019, 02:53:23 AM »

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #2180 on: December 05, 2019, 03:37:12 AM »
I'd like to take the opportunity to post this early Dollin part from Australian vid Play.

From around the same time as Baker 2g. Guess it must of been about 2000-01. Crazy to think it's close to 20 years ago

http://youtu.be/05mKuT26Cg4
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2181 on: December 05, 2019, 03:49:12 AM »
I'd like to take the opportunity to post this early Dollin part from Australian vid Play.

From around the same time as Baker 2g. Guess it must of been about 2000-01. Crazy to think it's close to 20 years ago

http://youtu.be/05mKuT26Cg4

Seems like it has a bunch of Baker 2G and even some Transworld part tricks in it. 

hateboard

• Rep: -277
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #2182 on: December 05, 2019, 04:19:12 AM »
dollin love, Play was a legit vid, Tim Dunn realised the americans would never see it so he stole songs / editing style and made one of the best Australian skate videos ever.
Its like baker 2bootleg

hateboard

« Reply #2183 on: December 05, 2019, 04:28:19 AM »
double post, it makes me sad to see dustin at the end of his road, i remember grommet skating the hordern pavillion as a baby and thinking 'that is skateboarding' now hes a washed up old man (me too) and its sad. He will forever be a young little grommet in my eyes. Nothing fucks you harder than time.

MC Solaar

« Reply #2184 on: December 05, 2019, 04:34:12 AM »
double post, it makes me sad to see dustin at the end of his road, i remember grommet skating the hordern pavillion as a baby and thinking 'that is skateboarding' now hes a washed up old man (me too) and its sad. He will forever be a young little grommet in my eyes. Nothing fucks you harder than time.

Glad I got to see him actually make some bizarre and difficult tricks one last time at least.

hateboard

« Reply #2185 on: December 05, 2019, 04:45:16 AM »
since this is now officially the Dollin obituary thread, i remember seeing him skate in the late 90's on a vert ramp, he was a street skater but had insane transition skills for his age, I would still love to see retired old man dollin revisit his tranny phase, could watch his flick catch on ramps for hours. One of the best kept secrets in skateboarding, his pool tricks with Wedge were king in baker 3. Ima pour one out for DD tonight.

MC Solaar

« Reply #2186 on: December 05, 2019, 05:01:01 AM »
since this is now officially the Dollin obituary thread, i remember seeing him skate in the late 90's on a vert ramp, he was a street skater but had insane transition skills for his age, I would still love to see retired old man dollin revisit his tranny phase, could watch his flick catch on ramps for hours. One of the best kept secrets in skateboarding, his pool tricks with Wedge were king in baker 3. Ima pour one out for DD tonight.

I once saw him skating at Nerang skatepark in like 2012 and he was apparently on acid, and I can confirm that his transition skating is nuts. He kept slamming on a huge hip and would roll onto the grass and talk to it after every slam. Then he pulled a huge front shove grab over it, and it was incredible to see.

Jake Duncombe was also wasted talking shit over a loudspeaker which was hilarious.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2187 on: December 05, 2019, 06:44:47 AM »
One of my favorite tricks in dollins B4 part is arguably the dumbest one, that ride on 50-50 to fakie bigspin into the bank was super fun for me to watch. Probably because it’s the only trick in the part I would maybe be able to do

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #2188 on: December 05, 2019, 08:00:58 AM »
Damn I think Dustin's part was my favorite. I didn't expect him to have any footage really and the fact that most of it was stuff I would be terrified to try even though I'm ten years younger than he is really surprised me. Did people really expect him to come through with mindblowing hammers like when he was 20 years old?

He had arguably gnarlier shit then Reynolds but no one's talking about how "sad" the Boss' part was. Neither were sad IMO. I think it's crazy inspiring that all the 40+ people in the video can still throw themselves down any stairs at all.

Ocelot

« Reply #2189 on: December 05, 2019, 08:10:09 AM »
Are people surprised dollin's transition skills are nuts?

Have you not seen this man alley-oop kickflip to fakie?

Best in the business