Author Topic: Baker 4 coming in August  (Read 248567 times)

backsidenosegrindpopout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: Baker 4 coming in August
« Reply #2190 on: December 05, 2019, 08:16:50 AM »
dollin is great all around, I couldn't perform intoxicated the way he does.

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -377
« Reply #2191 on: December 05, 2019, 08:19:38 AM »
Damn I think Dustin's part was my favorite. I didn't expect him to have any footage really and the fact that most of it was stuff I would be terrified to try even though I'm ten years younger than he is really surprised me. Did people really expect him to come through with mindblowing hammers like when he was 20 years old?

He had arguably gnarlier shit then Reynolds but no one's talking about how "sad" the Boss' part was. Neither were sad IMO. I think it's crazy inspiring that all the 40+ people in the video can still throw themselves down any stairs at all.
how much footage and parts  has Dollin put out compared to the Boss during this span?  Not comparable. Drew has been skating non stop still.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #2192 on: December 05, 2019, 09:42:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Damn I think Dustin's part was my favorite. I didn't expect him to have any footage really and the fact that most of it was stuff I would be terrified to try even though I'm ten years younger than he is really surprised me. Did people really expect him to come through with mindblowing hammers like when he was 20 years old?

He had arguably gnarlier shit then Reynolds but no one's talking about how "sad" the Boss' part was. Neither were sad IMO. I think it's crazy inspiring that all the 40+ people in the video can still throw themselves down any stairs at all.
[close]
how much footage and parts  has Dollin put out compared to the Boss during this span?  Not comparable. Drew has been skating non stop still.

I'm talking about the Baker 4 video dude. If anything your point makes it even more crazy that Dustin had as much footage as he did.

breakingthewaves

• Rep: -4
« Reply #2193 on: December 05, 2019, 10:24:08 AM »
saying that dollin is washed up is absurd. he put the work in and put out a great part, and i think he's totally relevant. the part definitely has a sentimental vibe due to the alex cameron track. and ok the mob face and knee surgeries probably don't help. but still the footage speaks the loudest. whatever this guy's future output is i'm down for it.
You and your fucking radio

colinquinn

• Rep: 8
« Reply #2194 on: December 05, 2019, 10:44:56 AM »
I replayed Dustin's part more than the others, it's a hopeful/happy part. Makes me feel good about time moving forward, that it's not going to be so bad, and we'll still be able to have fun till the end.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2195 on: December 05, 2019, 12:45:10 PM »
Um did Dollin say he’s quitting skateboarding or something? Obviously he can’t go hard too much longer but he ain’t dead. And as I’ve said before, front heel into the bank was some psycho shit that should be just for kids, T Funk or somethin, but Dollin ain’t scared. Maybe liquid courage but still big balls.

SweaterVest

• Rep: 12
« Reply #2196 on: December 05, 2019, 01:25:34 PM »
saying that dollin is washed up is absurd. he put the work in and put out a great part, and i think he's totally relevant. the part definitely has a sentimental vibe due to the alex cameron track. and ok the mob face and knee surgeries probably don't help. but still the footage speaks the loudest. whatever this guy's future output is i'm down for it.
Completely agree his part felt like a sendoff with the music but I don't think he's riding off into the the sunset yet. It's the one part in the vid that really ties the present to the past much more than Reynolds footage or the little snippets of former riders like Ellington or Elissa. 

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #2197 on: December 05, 2019, 01:41:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Completely agree his part felt like a sendoff with the music but I don't think he's riding off into the the sunset yet. It's the one part in the vid that really ties the present to the past much more than Reynolds footage or the little snippets of former riders like Ellington or Elissa.

If it is a sendoff then IMO it's a great sendoff. If not, then that's awesome, more footage in the future. Either way that part definitely was the most emotionally resonating and put-you-in-the-mood-to-skate part of the video for me.

rukes

• Rep: 211
  • Yabba dabba doo
« Reply #2198 on: December 05, 2019, 01:41:47 PM »
Isnt Dustin living in Paris, hanging out with models and fashion people and  going to dinner parties with Lenny Kravitz?

If he was washed up he'd be at Panthers Leagues slappin the pokies, spendin his newstart on a slab of hammer and tongs and making rollies out of old durries he scrounged off the ground.
Is it true?  Or did you read it on the slap message board?

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #2199 on: December 05, 2019, 01:52:13 PM »
Isnt Dustin living in Paris, hanging out with models and fashion people and  going to dinner parties with Lenny Kravitz?

If he was washed up he'd be at Panthers Leagues slappin the pokies, spendin his newstart on a slab of hammer and tongs and making rollies out of old durries he scrounged off the ground.

God i love OZ slang/humour

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RjC-vh06_c

Handwrecker

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2200 on: December 05, 2019, 02:19:23 PM »
I was pleasantly surprised how much I enjoyed Dollin’s part. This felt like one of his best parts in a while; liked it more than the Propeller vid. Dude was out there still enjoying skating, landing stuff and looked like he still had his wedding band. Dude’s doing his thing. That’s awesome.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #2201 on: December 05, 2019, 02:55:30 PM »
I'd like to take the opportunity to post this early Dollin part from Australian vid Play.

From around the same time as Baker 2g. Guess it must of been about 2000-01. Crazy to think it's close to 20 years ago

http://youtu.be/05mKuT26Cg4

Man watching this gave me the most overwhelming nostalgia i've felt in a long time. It's kind of shaken me to be honest.

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #2202 on: December 05, 2019, 03:11:13 PM »

dont forget shoving shimmishammies up his cacafuerte whilst slicing babanayans off his hoolihoolihoolihooli

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #2203 on: December 05, 2019, 05:21:05 PM »
I replayed Dustin's part more than the others, it's a hopeful/happy part. Makes me feel good about time moving forward, that it's not going to be so bad, and we'll still be able to have fun till the end.

He has easily been my most watched part, something in it really makes you want to grab your board and go roll and have fun
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 08:47:58 PM by WastedHippy »

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2204 on: December 05, 2019, 05:41:22 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUKW7Mzx61o
continuing the dollin love, sight unseen was one of my first videos along with one step beyond. loved his reckless style from day one.

Esmith5488

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 390
« Reply #2205 on: December 05, 2019, 05:42:45 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUKW7Mzx61o
continuing the dollin love, sight unseen was one of my first videos along with one step beyond. loved his reckless style from day one.

Two of my first videos as well, if any song from sight unseen comes on shuffle I get down, especially that Cali agents song Henry skated to

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #2206 on: December 05, 2019, 11:21:57 PM »
i once knew a man from newcastle

specialgee

• Rep: -10
« Reply #2207 on: December 06, 2019, 04:19:50 AM »
Hermdog's nollie inward heel for your viewing pleasure

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #2208 on: December 06, 2019, 04:31:30 AM »
That first angle was part of what killed me about this video.  It just felt so amateurishly made.  I’m not expecting humorless and perfection seeking production values.  Just camera angles and editing that don’t swallow the tricks or the spots.  This isn’t the first attempt by anyone involved either.  Think of all those tricks were filmed at that Dolores 10 stair that were shot flat and seemingly from across the street.   Those Spitfire videos have shown it’s not a tough spot to get good angles on and the vid might not be receiving the mixed praise it’s getting if they just tightened that shit up.

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #2209 on: December 06, 2019, 05:03:01 AM »
There’s a clip of Andrew Reynolds ollieing a trash can on top of another trash can and I was stoked because he’s wearing an eagles hat and I’m like woah the boss is a birds fan. Then in the very next clip he has a ny giants hat on and I’m immediately bummed.

It doesn’t really matter both teams suck but it would be cool if the boss routed for the same shitty team you do.

specialgee

• Rep: -10
« Reply #2210 on: December 06, 2019, 05:06:20 AM »
That first angle was part of what killed me about this video.  It just felt so amateurishly made.  I’m not expecting humorless and perfection seeking production values.  Just camera angles and editing that don’t swallow the tricks or the spots.  This isn’t the first attempt by anyone involved either.  Think of all those tricks were filmed at that Dolores 10 stair that were shot flat and seemingly from across the street.   Those Spitfire videos have shown it’s not a tough spot to get good angles on and the vid might not be receiving the mixed praise it’s getting if they just tightened that shit up.

blew that shit straight up, the 2nd angle does the trick justice at least

also not a fan of Billy's filming style, but honestly it's tricky to catch the foot at the right spot while panning/dezooming from the skater face, kind of a gambling game imo...who cares about a cutie face anyway, it's just a bunch of biological sensors sprinkled around a heap of flesh when you think of it

HORSES

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
« Reply #2211 on: December 06, 2019, 05:10:28 AM »
If Strobeck had actually filmed that first angle, it wouldn't have been as bad. Felix was clearly out of his depth.

silvertone_spacemachine

• Rep: 63
« Reply #2212 on: December 06, 2019, 05:12:19 AM »
There’s a clip of Andrew Reynolds ollieing a trash can on top of another trash can and I was stoked because he’s wearing an eagles hat and I’m like woah the boss is a birds fan. Then in the very next clip he has a ny giants hat on and I’m immediately bummed.

It doesn’t really matter both teams suck but it would be cool if the boss routed for the same shitty team you do.

dude! I thought the same thing. I'm pretty sure he just likes that "style" hat cause there is also clips of him wearing a braves hat and an angels hat I think? #birdgang

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #2213 on: December 06, 2019, 05:36:05 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

dude! I thought the same thing. I'm pretty sure he just likes that "style" hat cause there is also clips of him wearing a braves hat and an angels hat I think? #birdgang

He’s sponsored by New Era.  Posts his boxes on IG often

silvertone_spacemachine

• Rep: 63
« Reply #2214 on: December 06, 2019, 05:45:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

He’s sponsored by New Era.  Posts his boxes on IG often

ah true that makes sense then

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1421
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #2215 on: December 06, 2019, 05:58:10 AM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2216 on: December 06, 2019, 06:30:08 AM »
really like gary's take on this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2B2fq3J8WpM

he calls out people for calling out baker 4 for biting strobek. gary points out that baker's been doing supreme style of filming way before they did it. that's kind of how i felt when i watched it, it made sense they would combine.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #2217 on: December 06, 2019, 09:01:06 AM »

I remember wanting one of those hats Reynolds kept wearing awhile back around Baker 3, you know the ones with a huge letter "A" on them and he also used the same symbol for some deck graphics eventually, but then I realized it represented some sports team from a state I'm not even from so I would have felt like a phony wearing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQH4r035NIw

gavtron5000

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2218 on: December 06, 2019, 09:01:48 AM »
Can someone here please PM me a link so I can download for offline. Pretty Please Mates

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1277
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #2219 on: December 06, 2019, 10:25:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I remember wanting one of those hats Reynolds kept wearing awhile back around Baker 3, you know the ones with a huge letter "A" on them and he also used the same symbol for some deck graphics eventually, but then I realized it represented some sports team from a state I'm not even from so I would have felt like a phony wearing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQH4r035NIw
Even worse it's Atlanta Braves gear which is a team with a problematic branding history. I think it's sick he wears those hats regularly but my name doesn't begin with an A and my nick name isn't the Boss. Not a diss on Atlanta or the team really but using indigenous people's image for marketing is fucking gross.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.