Author Topic: vans employee fired for reportedly cursing out teen customer wearing MAGA hat  (Read 32663 times)

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: vans employee fired for reportedly cursing out teen customer wearing MAGA hat
« Reply #330 on: February 24, 2019, 03:04:26 PM »
How the fuck can a hat Trigger people so bad that they will lose their job? Regardless if the kid is douche bag. People of ethnicity and color aren't even this upset and triggered.
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
Re: vans employee fired for reportedly cursing out teen customer wearing MAGA hat
« Reply #331 on: February 24, 2019, 03:39:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
From the OP's link: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/vans-employee-fired-reportedly-cursing-teen-customer-wearing-maga-hat-171850687.html

The mom sent the video to Ryan Fournier who is in his early 20's and founded the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Students_for_Trump in 2015 based out of North Carolina, and he is the one who posted it on twitter.

From their wiki page:
Expand Quote
Controversy
In April 2016, a Students for Trump Florida chapter placed a "Make America Great Again" ball cap on a statue of Martin Luther King Jr. just days after the anniversary of his death. This caused a wide array of social media attacks towards the organization.
[close]

The Students for Trump is a front for white supremacy
. This whole incident was done on purpose, the vans employee was an unfortunate participant in the white supremacy movement.
[close]
based off what? they say that about the Proud Boys but they've got a nonwhite president and nonwhite members. if you have something to back up your statement, play that card but otherwise it just seems like hearsay. a lot of times it's a projection like when the government claim KRS is selling crack but you be doin that.
[close]

What the fuck? What is hearsay? You just denouncing the idea based off of what? Devil's advocacy? Or are you a member? And you're turning a blind eye to the white supremacy movement so fuck you.
[close]
i wouldn't be a member of any club that would have me. i'm denouncing the idea because i googled 'students for trump white supremacy' and nothing came up. by the laws of whoever smelt it dealt it, that makes you the supremacist.
[close]

I wouldn't even call it going down a rabbit hole, more like a shit hole, but this shit is easy to find. I google Ryan Fournier and Charlottesville.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Allsup

Expand Quote
James Orien Allsup (born September 7, 1995) is an American far-right political commentator, podcaster and YouTube personality. Allsup has been described as a white supremacist[1][2] and a white nationalist;he has stated that he prefers the term "American nationalist." He is a member of the white nationalist and neo-Nazi group Identity Evropa.
[close]

Expand Quote
Students for Trump
Allsup was hired by Ryan Fournier to serve as the Senior Advisor at Students for Trump, a non-profit political organization based in Campbell, North Carolina
[close]

What are you arguing with me about? There is no white supremacy threat in the US right now? Is that your point?
if there were a real 'white supremacist threat' ya'll wouldn't have to fake it.
 the only white people attacking minorities are Antifa, shouting 'white supremacist' at Black Candy Owens or calling brown marines 'spics' while kicking and macing them.
usually whatever people accuse you of, that's what they're doing.
http://dailycaller.com/2018/12/18/antifa-leader-violent-communist/

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #332 on: February 24, 2019, 03:57:19 PM »
Oh good a daily caller link. I will definitely click that as it is a totally unbiased news source very much like the info I get from memes of indeterminate origin that are forwarded to me by my Uncles and Grandparents on Facebook.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1324
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #334 on: February 24, 2019, 04:25:45 PM »
The Daily Caller is a website with a strongly conservative slant, just as the Washington Examiner and the Canada Free Press are. The Caller was co founded by Tucker Carlson who is a right wing TV talky man on Fox News ala Sean Hannity, O'Reilly etc. He's prone to self owning and is usually a shill for corporate interests. If I was trying to sway the opinions of a person with differing political views, I'd try to cite something outside of the typical bubble I live in.

The only link you provided that didn't have a conservative affiliation worn on it's sleeve is Philadelphia Magazine. Even in that, they cite info from the Daily Caller so it makes me give the whole story side eye. Joseph Alcoff is probably a radicalized liberal who has points of view that wouldn't fly in the mainstream but he's literally the only example of an Antifa affiliate saying stupid shit that you've come up with. You can't provide an outlier and then claim that proves the rule.

I'll take your rebuttal off air. Thanks for your time.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
« Reply #336 on: February 24, 2019, 04:34:15 PM »
CNN better? the white liberal protesters are yelling 'no good cops' and 'no racists' to a black girl and black cops. information is out there if you seek it. fwiw i thought the kids in MAGA hats were bad when i first saw the picture but that was lies. then i was like 'oh guess it's not always a hoax' when jessie smolek called 911. few hours later, 'oh yeah, another hoax'. i keep being shocked that liberals are right, there are these awful white racists but invariably, it's proven false within 24 hours. i'm agnostic though.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/06/politics/conservative-antifa-protests-restaurant/index.html

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #337 on: February 24, 2019, 04:35:25 PM »
CNN better? the white liberal protesters are yelling 'no good cops' and 'no racists' to a black girl and black cops. information is out there if you seek it. fwiw i thought the kids in MAGA hats were bad when i first saw the picture but that was lies. then i was like 'oh guess it's not always a hoax' when jessie smolek called 911. few hours later, 'oh yeah, another hoax'. i keep being shocked that liberals are right, there are these awful white racists but invariably, it's proven false within 24 hours. i'm agnostic though.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/06/politics/conservative-antifa-protests-restaurant/index.html

this is fake news too. what a cuck.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 658
« Reply #338 on: February 24, 2019, 04:55:35 PM »
Welp, we are back to anecdotal evidence. This always goes well and creates opportunities for rational conversations, not opportunities to try to impart of our personal bias onto others with a single example that we think "proves" our point. My n of 1 is representative of a whole group of people. Even better, anti-vaxx style, I'll cherry pick more examples that back up my point of view and think that this counts as "doing my research."

Here let's complete the other side of this argument:

Coast Guard loves Norwegian terrorist, creates hit list of law makers he doesn't like, stock piles weapons, reads neo-nazi crap, and hates "liberalism."
https://www.apnews.com/e919eb94af514cfc9a43982fc7e2e617

From this single person who is a member of quite a few different groups, I am going to conclude that all lieutenant's are nazis. No wait, all conservatives are terrorists. No wait, all members of the coast guard are anti-democratic crazies that want to shut down democracy. No wait, all military members are white nationalists just like McVeigh. No, wait, a single person does not represent a whole group. (What a crazy fucking idea.)

A better way of looking at violence from those at the political extremes might be to look at all the terrorist acts done in a specific time frame and figure out who committed the majority of these attacks, who harmed the most people, etc.

From 2010 to 2017, there were 263 acts of "terrorism" in the US. 1/3 (92) were done by right wing attackers and another 1/3 had unclear political motives. 2/13ths (38) were done by Islamist terrorists, and left-wing were responsible for 2/13s as well (34).

Honestly, why is it that--as Americans--we struggle with the most basic aspects of sampling. Why don't we know what a representative sample is and what can be be concluded from non-representational samples (i.e. pretty much nothing.)

Finally, to the poster who said, "I saw a liberal being angry at the police, so all liberals are anti-police. The police are under attack."

There are less police deaths today than there were twenty years ago. Police are most likely to die in traffic accidents not in violent conflicts. The public as a whole (blue/red) view the police warmly. Police have a tough job and face criticism. However, that criticism is probably a key factor in what makes NYPD's police the best in the country (<-- opinion) and gives NY the lowest rate of killing its own people (<-- fact). It sucks to be scrutinized, but, I don't like countries where police power goes unchecked, so, while, I will sympathize with the police that having people look over their shoulder sucks, I won't argue that there shouldn't be people looking over their shoulder. Finally, NYPD officers make a single felony arrest each week. Real life is not like TV. Policing is actually a terribly boring job and involves a lot of time dedicated to writing reports (no one will ever read or care about). (Also, before you start in with anymore n of 1 shit, please take the time to look up why law enforcement (a very conservative profession) fucking hates sovereign citizens and how the libertarian-crazy-right treats law enforcement agents by putting leans on their homes and attempt to destroy their lives.)

« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 05:23:34 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?