Author Topic: Starting a boards brand.  (Read 6082 times)

BasedSenpai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Re: Starting a boards brand.
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2019, 12:25:57 PM »
Expand Quote
If you think you can manage to always break even go for it. I Started my board company 4 years ago we're about to release our 11th graphic. Just let it grow organically and don't over produce product you end up stuck with.
[close]

Yo fuck all 11 of your graphics  B

How many graphics have you made, "B" ?

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2019, 12:27:32 PM »
You bought a silk screen printer, a VX and a fisheye, but 10 blank boards were holding you back financially?

morningcommute

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2019, 12:38:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
If you think you can manage to always break even go for it. I Started my board company 4 years ago we're about to release our 11th graphic. Just let it grow organically and don't over produce product you end up stuck with.
[close]

[close]

None cos I’m not dumb enough to try make a company off 10 blank decks when I can’t afford a VX and all my friends are quitting skating.

Tell me more about your spray paint board company you’re planning on making please. Maybe you could hit up bandana b for some business start up advice?

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2019, 12:44:31 PM »
don't do it

feedmeseymour

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2019, 12:47:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

None cos I’m not dumb enough to try make a company off 10 blank decks when I can’t afford a VX and all my friends are quitting skating.

Tell me more about your spray paint board company you’re planning on making please. Maybe you could hit up bandana b for some business start up advice?

tell em B! only fucking losers try and create and do something with their friends.

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2019, 12:49:49 PM »
Fuck friends and having fun. I fuck with savages, you a fuckboy, you can't hang. You can find me posted up on Frank block with my fuckin' gang.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2019, 12:54:32 PM »
tell em B! only fucking losers try and create and do something with their friends.

Bahaha
The chillest1

chrisinman

• Rep: -2
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2019, 01:19:39 PM »
Do it for fun not money. If you can supply yourself and friends with boards, and break even by selling a few here and there, Why not?

Get some stickers made and sticker the shit out of everything.
Save your money and start a bit stronger than that. 10 boards is not going to get you anywhere in any part of the world as far as "making it". Take your time, don't rush it, but set small goals instead of trying to "make it".

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2019, 02:09:38 PM »
I started a brand named Tension Collections a couple years ago now. My partner and i both have full time jobs and do it as a fun side gig.

Dont expect anyone to really give a shit or to make major money.  Our plan has always been to put all of the money made back into making more stuff... were going to go until were broke or are over it. Its pretty tough to make a good profit from hard goods, so be patient and mindful of how heavy you order at the start. its a discouraging "career" move that youll most likely fail at, so have fun while it lasts. Good luck
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2019, 02:25:34 PM »
I wanna roast you but if you're in Venezuela and there aren't any other brands, it's possible you could make it work locally. Just don't expect anyone else to care

KRKD1

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2019, 02:36:36 PM »

Since this has basically turned into a feeler thread for aspiring entrepreneurs would anyone cop these.

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2019, 03:22:11 PM »

Since this has basically turned into a feeler thread for aspiring entrepreneurs would anyone cop these.
Can you add tiny headed bears? Maybe one driving the car or something with a big smile. Or even more bear themes in general. Like what corporate sponsors would be on the car of a big ol dude like that? I'd appreciate your boards even more if alot of thought went into that aspect of the whole thing.

KRKD1

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2019, 03:53:12 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Can you add tiny headed bears? Maybe one driving the car or something with a big smile. Or even more bear themes in general. Like what corporate sponsors would be on the car of a big ol dude like that? I'd appreciate your boards even more if alot of thought went into that aspect of the whole thing.

more corporate sponsors + we can cash in on some sweet nascar cash.

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2019, 04:10:29 PM »

No
No, but not awful
No
Never
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

hermanos racists

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2019, 04:25:27 PM »
for thrasher and indy being founded by an argentinian.....surely your country suck ass as an industry and products.
you have money for a vx and silk printer but struggling to make boards? just make that guatambu happen as boards and called it "horse face" skateboards.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2019, 06:32:59 PM »
why would you start a real board company when you can just start a fake one on instagram

I_Respect_Wood

• Rep: 10
    • HH avatar image
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2019, 06:51:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Buy a 1000. The 2000 sounds worse than a DSLR and looks it as well.
[close]

It practically doesen´t exists in Argentina, and i heared it can have a lot of problems.
I would kill myself if i managed to get one imported from US and broken in a few months.
[close]

You can easily find a VX1000 in São Paulo if you talk to the right people, or you could just talk to someone from ASCO

Ñaño film in VHS.... and hi8 lately, never saw ASCO in VX
If I wasnt me, I never hang out with me...

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/new-york-supreme-ben-kadow-qaL3qBBUWZRPXT5R7T">via GIPHY</a></p>

Nag Champa

• Rep: -29
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2019, 06:59:35 PM »
pm me

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2019, 07:26:27 PM »
Honestly if you make cool shirts/hats and webvids people will be stoked more than boards

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2019, 08:26:51 PM »
I heard Mocha Skateboards is taken. Good Luck homie!
Mocha is a force to be reckoned with.
Mocha is for the people.
Mocha is Shalom.

Soft Boiled

• Rep: 21
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2019, 09:11:52 PM »

That toe-headed loser Jimi Britches would buy one, he has DAYTON tatted on his throat.

Centipede

• Rep: -4
  • I´ll pay with blood for a Century MK1 fisheye.
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2019, 03:47:32 AM »
You bought a silk screen printer, a VX and a fisheye, but 10 blank boards were holding you back financially?

I already owed a lot when i got the silk screen printer, but i felt it was neccesary since the fucking paper graphics (independent from the quality of the graphics) looks like shit and feels like a cheap outcome.

Centipede

« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2019, 03:49:01 AM »

Centipede

« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2019, 03:51:42 AM »
Do it for fun not money. If you can supply yourself and friends with boards, and break even by selling a few here and there, Why not?

Get some stickers made and sticker the shit out of everything.

That´s the real objective, to keep the dudes inspired.

Centipede

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2019, 03:57:07 AM »
I been thinking about doing the same lately. Hearing how someone like Fos started Heroin Skateboards just spray painting boards in his backyard is sort of inspiring. I would wanna call it Psycho Skates as a sort of homage to Vision skateboards.

That´s great. Spray painting skateboards can be a little bit frustrating tho. It´s always impredecible, even if you´re working with a matrix.

Centipede

« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2019, 04:02:56 AM »
I’m starting a brand soon too. The best thing is to keep a job while starting it up, make sure you get enough to cover all the costs to start up properly. I don’t know the process in your country, but look into it. It could be a good side hustle.

That´s exactly what i´m doing, but the process gets a bit slowed down since i don´t get paid enough haha.
Thanks for the advice, and good luck with your brand!

feedmeseymour

« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2019, 06:29:47 AM »
My brandddddd

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2019, 07:00:37 AM »

First one is terrible, no I wouldn't.

The rest are okay...I'll give it to you that they do pop. But they're so messy and unclear that they don't really interest me. In the second one, what's he doing? Propositioning a hooker? In the third one, what's that colourful mess on the left supposed to be? They need more cohesion and story, then they could be better. You'd obviously have to touch them up as well. And obviously there are other factors aside from board graphics that make us want to buy boards.

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2019, 02:22:36 PM »
If only Slash wasn't on FA. Im sure he would ride for your boards brand.

Wait a minute, what now?
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Funky Boy

• Rep: -1
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2019, 03:19:54 PM »
I started a brand named Tension Collections a couple years ago now. My partner and i both have full time jobs and do it as a fun side gig.

Dont expect anyone to really give a shit or to make major money.  Our plan has always been to put all of the money made back into making more stuff... were going to go until were broke or are over it. Its pretty tough to make a good profit from hard goods, so be patient and mindful of how heavy you order at the start. its a discouraging "career" move that youll most likely fail at, so have fun while it lasts. Good luck

Just looked up Tension Collections and I dig your stuff! The graphic on Deck 10 is sick.
my new purpose in life is to keep you at 0