Author Topic: Starting a boards brand.  (Read 6083 times)

andocom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
Re: Starting a boards brand.
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2019, 04:02:17 PM »

Since this has basically turned into a feeler thread for aspiring entrepreneurs would anyone cop these.

Ouch, these kinda look like deparment store graphics but worse IMO.

What's with all the shit in the background, that just adds distraction and mess.

Is Dayton 5 the brand name? Why is the 5 obscured by the Dayton, why is the logo lockup so large and overlaying the cars. Not trying to shit on your stuff, its all subjective but I would rework all of them.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2019, 08:56:04 PM »
Expand Quote

Since this has basically turned into a feeler thread for aspiring entrepreneurs would anyone cop these.
[close]

What's with all the shit in the background, that just adds distraction and mess.

Is Dayton 5 the brand name? Why is the 5 obscured by the Dayton, why is the logo lockup so large and overlaying the cars. Not trying to shit on your stuff, its all subjective but I would rework all of them.
He did all of these as a social experiment to make the shittiest graphics and see if people would be into it. No sarcasm I remember him explaining it a few weeks ago.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2019, 09:36:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
He did all of these as a social experiment to make the shittiest graphics and see if people would be into it. No sarcasm I remember him explaining it a few weeks ago.

Ah the Plan B route, I see.

stevethuro

• Rep: -4
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2019, 04:48:48 AM »
Expand Quote
If you think you can manage to always break even go for it. I Started my board company 4 years ago we're about to release our 11th graphic. Just let it grow organically and don't over produce product you end up stuck with.
[close]

Yo fuck all 11 of your graphics  B

Good looks B

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2019, 10:24:09 AM »
Expand Quote
I started a brand named Tension Collections a couple years ago now. My partner and i both have full time jobs and do it as a fun side gig.

Dont expect anyone to really give a shit or to make major money.  Our plan has always been to put all of the money made back into making more stuff... were going to go until were broke or are over it. Its pretty tough to make a good profit from hard goods, so be patient and mindful of how heavy you order at the start. its a discouraging "career" move that youll most likely fail at, so have fun while it lasts. Good luck
[close]

Just looked up Tension Collections and I dig your stuff! The graphic on Deck 10 is sick.

Thanks!
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2019, 06:36:49 PM »
Why don't a few people from Slap start a brand? That would be interesting as fuck to see how it all works out.

Edit: spelling
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 06:40:26 PM by LandonPrimo »
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

georgethecat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2019, 06:49:28 PM »
Why don't a few people from Slap start a brand? That would be interesting as fuck to see how it all works out.

If by interesting you mean hopeless and predictable, then yeah!

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2019, 08:28:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

If by interesting you mean hopeless and predictable, then yeah!

Yeah, how awesome would it be to have people trying to manage a business from all parts of the globe? Orders would be fucked up. Someone would get two boards when they only ordered one. Someone else wouldn't get a board at all. Then when we have complaints, we could spend months pointing fingers and never get the issue resolved.

That sort of interesting.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await