Author Topic: Team "lightwork" hate thread  (Read 5572 times)

BasedSenpai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Team "lightwork" hate thread
« on: February 24, 2019, 03:08:20 AM »
This year I was tryna be on some positivity type shit but i need to vent. All my homies think these team lightwork guys are the greatest thing ever in skating. I'm the odd man out and they think I'm whack for hating on that kook shit. Skating should be hesh and fucking gnarly, not this fuckboi wanna-be hypebeast bull shit. Their edits are god awful, so many jump cuts I feel like I'm gonna have a seizure. They never land clean or do anything gnarly or creative or noteworthy in anyway. The music selection to the edits is usually trash( some overblown high school fuck boi trap music)

What are your thoughts?

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
  • and the whistle is screaming
Re: Team "lightwork" hate thread
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 03:25:43 AM »
Who?
Nevermind. I definitely don't care

BasedSenpai

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 03:26:15 AM »
Who?
Nevermind. I definitely don't care

Good

Dorje Drolo

• Rep: -56
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2019, 07:57:31 AM »

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2019, 08:17:53 AM »
Could you please link them or something if you're going to drop an entire paragraph you fucking idiot

also, "Skating should be hesh?" Lol theres a new foundation full length you should check out dog
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3330
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 08:35:57 AM »
You almost made it two whole months on your positive vibe thing. Good work!

Get the strap

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 10:05:57 AM »
I know what you're talking about OP, it's fucking wack, or as you put it, whack. We both know, team lite work's lives are miserable so just let it go, and go back to positive vibes. They will NEVER have the lifestyle of a famous trap mumble rapper so just let them play themselves.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2019, 10:32:09 AM »
this thread sucks and I hate myself

ArtVandelay

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 10:39:30 AM »
Teamwork makes it dreamwork. Happy Monday! You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take! Lightwork is the best skate team this side of the Mississppi. You have the power to Change the World! Peace begins when Expectation Ends!

thebacker

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2019, 10:50:12 AM »
they dont seem very shalom

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2019, 10:51:13 AM »
More like "Litwork" am I right guys? Never heard of them, and don't care to even to find a link. OP, this is about as nice as I can get...where the fuck is some IG examples or some fuckin embedded youtube vids? Actually, I think I already like Litwork  more than OP.
The chillest1

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2019, 11:11:41 AM »

I.C. Weiner

• Rep: -7
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2019, 11:17:13 AM »
fuck insta. facebook is hesh af

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2019, 11:25:56 AM »

LIIIITTTTTTWERRRK. Ended up checkin out the IG. Skating is aiiight. Can't really relate to the post captions, but ain't hatin! Also, the excessive trap music is too much for me. It's almost becoming a slightly more tolerant form of dubstep.
The chillest1

Get the strap

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2019, 11:27:12 AM »
Wow I had no idea it's a brand and has a team...well I kinda change my tone and I hope it does well for them, definitely no fucking vile hatred from me. You can fuck off with that. Pretty sure the expression light work originates from work out routines and lifting weights so the expression is super corny in skateboarding but so are a million other things so who cares.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2019, 11:29:17 AM »
Wow I had no idea it's a brand and has a team...well I kinda change my tone and I hope it does well for them, definitely no fucking vile hatred from me. You can fuck off with that. Pretty sure the expression light work originates from work out routines and lifting weights so the expression is super corny in skateboarding but so are a million other things so who cares.

I figured it was like, easy work. Skating for them is easy, so the work they put in is light. You're thinking of light weight. Get over dumbass self.
The chillest1

Get the strap

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2019, 11:40:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I figured it was like, easy work. Skating for them is easy, so the work they put in is light. You're thinking of light weight. Get over dumbass self.

What the fuck? haha Light weight used as an expression is an adjective dumbass haha and can be used in any context when someone is being a pussy you call them a lightweight. Lightweight used as a noun is a weight class. Light work is used to describe your work out routine that you will be doing less reps and less weight but in doing so will add muscle definition and tone up your body. I don't even go to the fucking gym how can you not know what this shit means?

coyote2425

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 128
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2019, 11:50:02 AM »

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2019, 12:08:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

What the fuck? haha Light weight used as an expression is an adjective dumbass haha and can be used in any context when someone is being a pussy you call them a lightweight. Lightweight used as a noun is a weight class. Light work is used to describe your work out routine that you will be doing less reps and less weight but in doing so will add muscle definition and tone up your body. I don't even go to the fucking gym how can you not know what this shit means?

All the jocks around me say light weight when they are about to lift something heavy. As in, "oh I got this." Literally never heard anyone use light work, and I've worked out in a gym before. I've even done routines of what you described and never heard it called that. I have a friend who is an athletic trainer, and interned with Stanford athletic department, and he has never used that term with me. So again, get over yourself dumbass. While I was wrong in my assumption of what you thought, you are a pretentious, arrogant twat. You come off like a tiny guy who needs to act more aggro so he doesn't feel so insecure. Once again, get over yourself

Edit: Bahaha yeah I fucked up on the lightweight thing too. Damn, for the longest time I thought it was strictly for weight class, and not even just a thing such as a dumbbell. Eh, I still stand by my statement above. Eat shit "Get tha Strap" bhahaha. You're so hard bro!!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 12:13:05 PM by TurdyBird »
The chillest1

Get the strap

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2019, 12:21:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

All the jocks around me say light weight when they are about to lift something heavy. As in, "oh I got this." Literally never heard anyone use light work, and I've worked out in a gym before. I've even done routines of what you described and never heard it called that. I have a friend who is an athletic trainer, and interned with Stanford athletic department, and he has never used that term with me. So again, get over yourself dumbass. While I was wrong in my assumption of what you thought, you are a pretentious, arrogant twat. You come off like a tiny guy who needs to act more aggro so he doesn't feel so insecure. Once again, get over yourself

Ok cool. Take it easy on the extreme insults.

If you were clever you could have said stop being such a lightweight

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2019, 12:25:41 PM »
Blat blat with my big bad side strap
The chillest1

fang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 195
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2019, 12:33:16 PM »
You should tryna be on some shalom type shit

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2019, 12:35:10 PM »
When I look up,
I see you in the sky,
Right where I put ya
The chillest1

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2019, 01:04:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My first guess was it's a Dilla reference.

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • <3
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2019, 01:16:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

My first guess was it's a Dilla reference.

Be so much better if they just did clips with Dilla, and none of the trap they use
The chillest1

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2019, 02:13:45 PM »
What the fuck is a lightwork
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

BasedSenpai

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2019, 02:23:30 PM »

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2019, 03:29:45 PM »
I am not going to watch any of those links, pretty sure that's the correct decision

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2019, 03:39:23 PM »
write a paragraph on this shit like anyone give a fuck lmao

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2019, 03:40:51 PM »
In boxing we use "light work" as easy / little effort, i.e. "3 * 2 minute rounds, just light work" or as a derogatory term, pretty sure that is fairly universal at this point.