Author Topic: TJ Rogers on eS?  (Read 6795 times)

jakeumms

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1302
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
Re: TJ Rogers on eS?
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2019, 01:08:30 PM »
Fallen should consider making some skate shoes for those people on their skate team. Also, I don't care if Tommy Sandoval looks like an unfrozen caveman skater, I still like looking at his skating.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2019, 01:38:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
es full length vid needs to happen soon
[close]
Don't they need a team first? Which they haven't announced after like, three years of being "back?" Which only happened after they pulled a Nike and backed out of skateboarding and pulled the rug out under a really talented team and left them on the unemployment line?

Fuck e'S.
[close]

Hmm I thought they had one but apparently it's only 3 dudes. I don't it's fair to say they pulled a nike, it was soletech's decision. If they hadn't canned es then emerica and etnies might not be here today as well and 3 times as many people would be out of a job.
[close]

I'll at least give them credit for giving all of their ams a colorway the last season or two before they dipped. They also made sure that their pros that didn't yet have a shoe would have their own pro model before they stopped eS as well.

They probably knew well before they made Mike Andersons shoe that they were only going to have one season to sell it, and all of the costs to make a new pro shoe for just one season is a lot of money down the drain. John Rattray got a shoe for the last two seasons? Same for Bobby's second shoe.

The fact that they at least did those things to support their riders up until the end sheds a good light on them in my eyes

*edit: Kellen James didn’t get a shoe because his shoe was supposed to drop the season after they closed the curtain according to Ripped Laces
[close]
Okay, well, if Soletech made the final decision about pulling the plug, fuck Soletech. Same difference.

Yes, they very clearly gave a fuck about their excellent team, which is why e'S immediately reached out to everyone who was on before their self-proclaimed eighteen month "hiatus" and responsored them, immediately, with a salary and benefits. Oh, wait...
[close]

Don’t be a dumbass.
What company has ever done that post-hiatus? Alien sure as hell didn’t. Mystery didn’t either. I can’t think of a single company that has.

I don’t think most team riders would want to come back to a company after its folded once. Besides, pretty much all of the old team riders were picked up within the first year of es’s disappearance. At the end of the day it’s a business, and if some of the previous riders were losing relevance, there’s no reason to pick them back up.
[close]

Fallen? sandoval and marks on immediately
[close]

Those guys have nothing else going for them so they might as well try and milk their 2008 glory.
[close]

Fallen will be lucky if they can stay in business for more than a year or so
[close]

They are HUUUGE in china(isnt that what we say here)?

Most things are. Chinese people are tiny.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2019, 06:49:40 PM »
Ryan Lay said he got taken off eS reboot because Kelly really wanted it to have a sporty look and Ryan didn’t have that.
and hug booted him because he wasn't riding for a "real" board company right? Dude has definitely had to work hard for his sponsors. In the case of sole tech though, I think it's better that he ended up on Etnies and got to do a sheep-inspired shoe, suits him and his image more than trying to be on the same team as Wade and Asta

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

FlipInFlipOut

• Rep: 1
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2019, 07:24:10 PM »
I back it. TJ deserves a contract for sure, éS is making moves in the right direction. Regardless of the companies restructure/return. If I'm not mistaken they have a pretty large flow program, bringing up some young dudes. Will we see éS shoes in the olympics along side Vans, Nike, 'Das? No, Probably not a lot of soletech riders... Joslin on Etnies and...?
IMO, I've been rockin the new éS shoes, they have my money over a lot of companies these days. (Also heard when you find a shoe that fits, buy a lot of those shoes. I have 3 pairs accel slims.) Their clothing is a different story. Bought both beanies when they were B1G1, black was great, grey was a tiny hat. Not kidding legit child sized beanie, sent to my 3yo nephew. Anorak jacket is a thin sleeping bag with a hood, to stack the saggy clips.

Shalom.
I'm old school, I'm played out
Osteoporosis, glaucoma and neurosis
The vultures circling above our balding heads

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2019, 03:17:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Don't they need a team first? Which they haven't announced after like, three years of being "back?" Which only happened after they pulled a Nike and backed out of skateboarding and pulled the rug out under a really talented team and left them on the unemployment line?

Fuck e'S.
[close]

Hmm I thought they had one but apparently it's only 3 dudes. I don't it's fair to say they pulled a nike, it was soletech's decision. If they hadn't canned es then emerica and etnies might not be here today as well and 3 times as many people would be out of a job.
[close]

I'll at least give them credit for giving all of their ams a colorway the last season or two before they dipped. They also made sure that their pros that didn't yet have a shoe would have their own pro model before they stopped eS as well.

They probably knew well before they made Mike Andersons shoe that they were only going to have one season to sell it, and all of the costs to make a new pro shoe for just one season is a lot of money down the drain. John Rattray got a shoe for the last two seasons? Same for Bobby's second shoe.

The fact that they at least did those things to support their riders up until the end sheds a good light on them in my eyes

*edit: Kellen James didn’t get a shoe because his shoe was supposed to drop the season after they closed the curtain according to Ripped Laces
[close]
Okay, well, if Soletech made the final decision about pulling the plug, fuck Soletech. Same difference.

Yes, they very clearly gave a fuck about their excellent team, which is why e'S immediately reached out to everyone who was on before their self-proclaimed eighteen month "hiatus" and responsored them, immediately, with a salary and benefits. Oh, wait...

you have no idea how businesses work do you
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

OG Puffy Tongue

• Rep: 11
  • "Reynolds eats fruits"
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2019, 04:11:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck e'S.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Heckler sounds like he’s still personally offended since they went on hiatus 8 years ago

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2019, 05:13:46 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck e'S.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Seems like I've got a better grasp on the concept than Soletech does.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

OG Puffy Tongue

• "Reynolds eats fruits"
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2019, 08:49:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck e'S.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

who’s mans is this

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2019, 09:23:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quote from: sus link=topic=103931.msg2968338#msg2968338 lo date=1551207427
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck e'S.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
You know nothing you tool

OG Puffy Tongue

• "Reynolds eats fruits"
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2019, 09:42:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Quote from: sus link=topic=103931.msg2968338#msg2968338 lo date=1551207427
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuck e'S.
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]
You know nothing you tool

Heckler probably has as much understanding on business as the dude that tried to bring Axion back and failed miserably

Backheels

• Rep: -160
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2019, 09:45:24 AM »
Whoever put wack ass, overrated, should not be pro ass kevin terp fully on nike sb instead of tj rogers should lose their job.

Patrick2G

• Rep: -299
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2019, 10:00:43 AM »
Whoever put wack ass, overrated, should not be pro ass kevin terp fully on nike sb instead of tj rogers should lose their job.

This. And don’t forget Gino, the dustiest of all. Get rid of the milkers and hook up people who deserve it and put shit out.

OG Puffy Tongue

• "Reynolds eats fruits"
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2019, 10:15:27 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This. And don’t forget Gino, the dustiest of all. Get rid of the milkers and hook up people who deserve it and put shit out.

If TJ switch 360’s or switch Bigspins El Toro and is only shoe flow at the time he does it, I will be severely personally offended.

Like seriously what the fuck shoe companies

tedkootz

• Rep: -59
  • my life be like ooh ahh
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2019, 11:00:50 AM »
nobody cares about TJ rogers the only TJ that matters is tyshawn

Backheels

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2019, 01:51:09 PM »
nobody cares about TJ rogers the only TJ that matters is tyshawn

Fuck off, theyre both rad!

Backheels

« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2019, 01:51:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah he's a waste of nikes money and has been for over a decade

stringsnthings

• Rep: -48
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2019, 02:50:50 PM »
I would love to know how team managers and corporate executives strategize and decide who they sponsor. I'd like to see how parallel this process is to like traditional team sports athletes that Nike/Adidas/Converse choose to endorse. I know (soccer, baseball, football etc.) players make much more money and their sports discipline are much more team oriented than in skateboarding, but from a marketability perspective it makes no sense to continue to sponsor pro athletes of any discipline that don't produce good stats or in the case of skateboarding, video parts, ads, demoes, etc. for a considerable amount of time.  The whole crailtap debate of how 80% of their pro roster are in clearly in the twilight of their careers is a good example but shoes are whereto $$ is now. So were the Gino and Nike comments.  I understand there is such thing as like "legends" status but TJ Rogers is very tech, he's very much in the middle of his prime skateboarding years and both the top two shoe brands let him leave.

Backheels

« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2019, 02:53:01 PM »
I would love to know how team managers and corporate executives strategize and decide who they sponsor. I'd like to see how parallel this process is to like traditional team sports athletes that Nike/Adidas/Converse choose to endorse. I know (soccer, baseball, football etc.) players make much more money and their sports discipline are much more team oriented than in skateboarding, but from a marketability perspective it makes no sense to continue to sponsor pro athletes of any discipline that don't produce good stats or in the case of skateboarding, video parts, ads, demoes, etc. for a considerable amount of time.  The whole crailtap debate of how 80% of their pro roster are in clearly in the twilight of their careers is a good example but shoes are whereto $$ is now. So were the Gino and Nike comments.  I understand there is such thing as like "legends" status but TJ Rogers is very tech, he's very much in the middle of his prime skateboarding years and both the top two shoe brands let him leave.

Always been hard for canadians for some reason,  so many of them rip rhough.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2019, 02:55:33 PM »

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2019, 03:03:24 PM »
Guys like Rickk, McCrank, Colin, and Tony Ferguson got big breaks in the early 90's. Apple's managed to get his shine. But, most of them moved to the States. Bobby DeKeyzer is doing well. I get why people find TJ and the Decenzo's not interesting though. I do think Morgan Smith deserved way more shine though.

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #50 on: February 27, 2019, 04:10:43 PM »
I do think Morgan Smith deserved way more shine though.

He definitely did. It's crazy that he was never on the DC pro team, just Canadian am or something like that.

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2019, 04:23:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He definitely did. It's crazy that he was never on the DC pro team, just Canadian am or something like that.
Yeah, he also put out good parts, skated fast and had a wide array of tricks. Yet, most people remember him as the Canadian guy on Blind who won BATB.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:59:00 PM by DannyDee »

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2019, 04:32:45 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Yeah, he also put out good part, skated fast and had a wide array of tricks. Yet, most people remember him as the Canadian guy on Blind who won BATB.

Blind should have made him pro way earlier too. Top skater for sure.

Ed boy

• Rep: 80
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2019, 06:45:51 PM »
God damn, I didn't think anyone on Destructo actually rode their trucks.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2019, 07:14:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Ryan Lay said he got taken off eS reboot because Kelly really wanted it to have a sporty look and Ryan didn’t have that.
[close]
and hug booted him because he wasn't riding for a "real" board company right? Dude has definitely had to work hard for his sponsors. In the case of sole tech though, I think it's better that he ended up on Etnies and got to do a sheep-inspired shoe, suits him and his image more than trying to be on the same team as Wade and Asta

yeah, they told him welcome wasn't a real company. it's weird to me, he can be tech as hell. there's a video from a week or two ago where he was doing switch front blunt backside flips out on rails .

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Southernmost

• Rep: 116
« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2019, 09:45:53 PM »
I saw TJ Rogers at SPoT today picking up a pair of éS in the shop. Possibly paying retail for them. I wasn’t really paying attention.

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2019, 10:09:45 PM »
I saw TJ Rogers at SPoT today picking up a pair of éS in the shop. Possibly paying retail for them. I wasn’t really paying attention.

this is so incredibly unhelpful, it's almost perfect.

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me