Author Topic: blank decks  (Read 3835 times)

Putaslocas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
blank decks
« on: February 26, 2019, 11:15:21 AM »
has anyone ever skated a blank deck from www.blankdecks.com? a friend gave me a used "california blank" that i only used for a day and it was sick, just not sure about long term. definitely want to start buying boards in bulk because even with a nice shop discount, shit adds up and tbh ive been going hard lately hahaha. anyone have some opinions/knowledge on any specific shape? maybe comparison to some actual companies? i.e. "house special shape is similar to an dlx #4" or something along those lines?

also just realized i could have posted in the gear thread. my apologies. feel free to move it.

PatoDuck

• Rep: -31
Re: blank decks
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 11:16:41 AM »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2019, 11:33:55 AM »
Buy fucking pro model board and support skateboarding.
Don’t be a doof.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Putaslocas

• EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 11:40:12 AM »
Don’t be a doof.

i support enough skateboarding in my own city and in general for which decks i buy to hold any weight. if im breaking one board a week or every 3-4 days, how am i gonna pay my rent? food? as well as helping my parents.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2019, 11:48:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Don’t be a doof.
[close]

i support enough skateboarding in my own city and in general for which decks i buy to hold any weight. if im breaking one board a week or every 3-4 days, how am i gonna pay my rent? food? as well as helping my parents.
Get sponsored.

No but really I’ve heard those decks are decent.
Just skate it for a week or whatever and instead of asking us how they are, you can tell us if you think they are worth investing in based on your first hand experience.
Since you already have one.
Mini Logos are good if you need to pay less for skateboards.
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Putaslocas

• EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2019, 11:52:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Don’t be a doof.
[close]

[close]
Get sponsored.

No but really I’ve heard those decks are decent.
Just skate it for a week or whatever and instead of asking us how they are, you can tell us if you think they are worth investing in based on your first hand experience.
Since you already have one.
Mini Logos are good if you need to pay less for skateboards.

i mean if im being honest i feel like im in a place where i feel i could get sponsored. plan on finally filming and pushing myself beyond my limit. so i feel like i need to cover my ass until something maybe happens. i had one for a day and passed it off to another homie who needed a board, seemed okay, but i dont know how it functions long term. but thats a good idea. maybe ill try a few of their shapes the first time around and review them a little. not on youtube tho   ;D sTaY tUnEd

doctorpoopy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2019, 12:22:12 PM »
buy skateboards from skateboard companies
Why are adjectives almost always in the following order quantity, quality, size, age, shape, color, purpose. Why can't I say " useless, big, three, bad men" instead of "three useless, big, bad men" It's n

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 206
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 12:38:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Don’t be a doof.
[close]

Realize that once you turn pro, you still have no money for food, rent or your parents, because the kids are all buying blanks

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2019, 12:49:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Don’t be a doof.
[close]

[close]
Realize that once you turn pro, you still have no money for food, rent or your parents, because the kids are all buying blanks
The circle of cheapppppppp.

shalominator

• Rep: 22
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 01:15:20 PM »
www.customskateboards.com has good wood.

I bought a deck from these guys last year and It was complete garbage. Lost its shape in about a week and the nose seemed to warp from doing a bunch of nollie stuff. Board just got kind of soggy. Would not buy again.

Skateone.com has good deals on Mini logo and powell decks. Much better than china blanks for a few bucks more

drunkenshredder

• Rep: -135
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2019, 01:16:40 PM »
land bolts

JohnnySaintLethal

• Rep: 15
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2019, 01:18:34 PM »
In the mid 2000s being a young teenager with zero income I couldn’t afford pro boards or even had a local shop to go to. I’d save money from Christmas and my birthday, and in the summer cut a few peoples lawns and I used to buy a stack of blank boards off eBay. I think it was like 5 for 65 bucks. They were the worst boards I broke someright after setting them up on flat ground tricks, but I did that for about a year or 2. Occasionally I would sell one or 2 20 bucks a piece to a kid in the neighbor and have enough to get a normal board.

As a kid who mostly skated mini logos, atm, or any board that was marked down, maybe it was warped or just ugly and didn’t sell. I solely relied on anything I could afford that was on sale.

However if you’re an adult who pays rent and bills I think you can afford to buy regular skateboards and just give up on being sponsored, because you’ll never be good enough to make money off it anyways.

Sundaynuggets

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2019, 01:20:01 PM »
I rode a few of their blanks like 5 years ago or so. They seemed really similar to Chapman decks I’ve had in the past. I can’t remember which of the steep concaves I rode but I got the deepest one they have.

I was happy with the quality and the price is great