Author Topic: Fuuuuck you Thrasher  (Read 21895 times)

Lenny the Fatface

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
Re: Fuuuuck you Thrasher
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2019, 08:02:07 PM »
Slap Pals are the kooks but the entire industry is protecting a nazi. But hey, my mom never fucked a nigger younger than me so who am I to judge  ::).

These days it's all about maintaining good Shalom. No need to even trip  ;D.

Edit: I'm pretty sure I was getting drunk when I posted this. Never drink and Shalom.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 08:02:30 PM by Lenny the Fatface »

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2019, 08:03:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

they also dont want you to know that decks can be made to last way longer than they do now with just more glue and longer cure times.
[close]

This is an incredibly naive statement.
[close]
Regardless of the validity of that statement, it made me think of this article regarding a recent high-profile Nike sports shoe's catastrophic failure:
https://www.core77.com/posts/84725/Post-Nike-Sneaker-Fiasco-a-Footwear-Design-Expert-Shares-How-and-Why-Basketball-Shoes-Can-Fail?utm_source=home_page_feature_slider

The relevant point being that the shoes that professional athletes wear are not the same way the ones they sell at the store - I immediately thought of the "the decks pros get aren't the same wood as what they sell in shops" line. Also, fuck Thrasher.

Shalom.

That's interesting, thought you slightly misinterpret it. Sometimes an athlete will be wearing a non-production/pre-production sample, or specific mold for their huge ass feet, with stronger glues etc to hold up to the crazy load they put on them during games, but it's not the norm, and it's not meant to say that the shoes they sell are made of inferior materials - that simply isn't the case.

Also, the thing about pros having different or 'better' boards than the ones that are sold to regular joes - also mostly a myth. There are exceptions, such as dudes who skate unmarketable shapes/sizes - but there's no quality difference. Some very picky pros get their boards from Generator with the same graphics on them, but that was very rare. A bit more common now that Generator will make boards for anyone and they don't care who you tell, but overall, dudes literally get their package from the stacks that go to shops. No difference.

somedudefromnj

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2019, 08:16:00 PM »
they still reading this shit though  ;)

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2019, 08:32:37 PM »
I thought Thrasher was a bunch of toughies in trucker hats hailing satan, not a group of communications majors getting mad about what people say on the internet. Color me foolish.

Fred Gall was the only accuracy.
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2019, 08:36:53 PM »
we like soy panday?

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2019, 08:37:54 PM »
WE OWN SKATEBOARDING PEOPLE WE ARE NOT THE THE PUPPETS WE ARE THE MASTERS. WE ARE SKATEBOARDING

Turn off your caps lock, yo dick isn’t 5 inches.

Good on Thrasher. That statement is on point! It burns! Ahh!
And the worst part is that Vern Laird still lurks here despite how kooked out it has been getting. Fuck you Vern, you fucking stingy bearing nazi!

We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

PatoDuck

• Rep: -31
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2019, 08:39:07 PM »
Expand Quote
WE OWN SKATEBOARDING PEOPLE WE ARE NOT THE THE PUPPETS WE ARE THE MASTERS. WE ARE SKATEBOARDING
[close]

Turn off your caps lock, yo dick isn’t 5 inches.

Good on Thrasher. That statement is on point! It burns! Ahh!
And the worst part is that Vern Laird still lurks here despite how kooked out it has been getting. Fuck you Vern, you fucking stingy bearing nazi!
stfu

Ray C. Usery

• Rep: 165
  • My brother Roy is into music
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2019, 08:49:34 PM »
Was this in the mag? I can't find it on the website. I need thrasher to tell me what to think

You can call them and tell them to add shalom TK falafel and AA (415) 671-2421

Trickflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2019, 08:59:28 PM »
Can someone film me throw thrasher magazines on the floor in front of 66 6th? Gonna take this to insta like a man

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1323
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2019, 09:01:25 PM »
Can someone film me throw thrasher magazines on the floor in front of 66 6th? Gonna take this to insta like a man

Only if you throw 666 copies of the mag at once. You can put them in a box to do so.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2019, 09:02:40 PM »
This is definitely about the jason jessee deal. I know he’s still involved with skating but all the talk on here really did end his career comeback and thrasher was backing him hard. Not sure how that was a conspiracy when it was all pretty well known for a long time

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2019, 09:19:47 PM »
Lol sounds like someone got mad.
Point goes to slap.

I wonder what post/thread it was that made someone at thrasher emotional

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2019, 09:27:55 PM »
we like soy panday?

hahaha

The guy who wrote this list seems to have something against those Theories brands  :o

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 528
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2019, 10:05:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
their print mag is 90% ads, their website is full of shitty videos and other trash, and most of their revenue comes from selling thrasher merch to trendy people who don’t skate. and this slap squib is the cherry on top. they’re insanely butthurt because a bunch of kooks not even involved in the industry put out better and more relevant content than them. “the bible” is dead.
[close]

Holy triggered ::)

Slap produces content? Where's that page?
[close]
holy triggered is  right on . sounds like you’re the one insanely butthurt as well as the one who started this thread . jesus man it’s a joke . everyone can dish it out but can’t take it . if you hate thrasher then why are you  h king it . it’s like being bitter over your ex who dumped you and keep checking her lurking her ig .

thrasher is the big name magazine here attacking a small messageboard. it’s kinda weird if you think about it. they’re seriously triggered and scared. I haven’t read or bought their shit in decades at this point. I only watch videos over there sometimes but in general don’t spend much time there. slap is my main source for skateboarding stuff. they shouldn’t haven even noticed us enough to use that much space of their already slim content on a bunch of kooks. they kooked themselves.

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2019, 10:23:32 PM »
Skateboarders hate SLAP because it's sports talk, and we're not supposed to like sports.. remember?

Skibb

• Rep: 68
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2019, 10:24:42 PM »
Memberships/visits will probably surge because of this

Fred Savage

« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2019, 10:47:57 PM »
Do you guys ever fart in bed and then pull the blankets over your head so you can just bask in your own stench?

HotnSpicyMcChicken

• Rep: -41
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2019, 10:58:21 PM »
Soy Panday? Lol author is big mad and about 7 years behind. Huge L for Thrasher.

Speakr

• Rep: 61
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2019, 11:09:00 PM »
Thrasher mad because shalom is now the #1 bond in the industry. They slippin.

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 797
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2019, 11:11:59 PM »
Some one needs to make Shalom stickers in the Thrasher flame logo.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2019, 11:15:47 PM »
Maybe they caught wind

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2019, 11:18:24 PM »
Smells like butthurt

pussyslayer7

• Rep: -12
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2019, 12:04:01 AM »
Whats's between pontus and thrasher?

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2019, 12:06:20 AM »
Do you guys ever fart in bed and then pull the blankets over your head so you can just bask in your own stench?
Ahhh the Dutch oven a classic

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2019, 12:10:00 AM »
Hahaha, some of you have either been triggered, or totally narcissistic. "fuck you thrasher!" or "we got thrasher shook. it's probably because we couldn't accept J. Jesse has become a better person since his twentys, so we decided to try and ruin his life"

Get over yourselves, you dummys. Some of you are those regular social justice warriors who just make shit worse, only to make yourselves feel better. Lame ass narcissists.
The chillest1

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2019, 01:16:43 AM »
Are people actually mad at Thrasher for this? What were the other acronyms?  Were they funny?

I feel lurking on SLAP is basically the same as lurking at a virtual skate shop. It attracts all kinds. Some people obviously know what they are talking about and some just really want to identify as a skater.

I just hope we don't get anymore people who are into conspiracies. The 3 or 4 very vocal conspiracy theorists we already have are more than enough.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

OG Puffy Tongue

• Rep: 11
  • "Reynolds eats fruits"
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2019, 02:01:56 AM »
Are people actually mad at Thrasher for this? What were the other acronyms?  Were they funny?

I feel lurking on SLAP is basically the same as lurking at a virtual skate shop. It attracts all kinds. Some people obviously know what they are talking about and some just really want to identify as a skater.

I just hope we don't get anymore people who are into conspiracies. The 3 or 4 very vocal conspiracy theorists we already have are more than enough.

The “S” in SLAP stands for Shalom

Shalom

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2019, 03:00:49 AM »

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626