Author Topic: WHEN DID SKATEBOARDING BECOME SO PC?  (Read 18348 times)

the tranny monster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -22
Re: WHEN DID SKATEBOARDING BECOME SO PC?
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2019, 07:03:09 PM »
”BOWL DOG”

ChuckRamone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2019, 07:04:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
As someone who has been involved in/observing the industry for nearly 2 decades it is quite obvious it started with the infiltration of corporations around the 2000s, just like the rest of the worlds organic youth subcultures which have also become detached from their roots & gone "soft" & corporate - skateboarding culture has been co-opted by these corporate interests who are pushing their New World Order ideology in EVERY aspect of our lives...you can laugh and deny it all you like but that only shows how un-learned & detached you are from reality, which has happened through these very tactics that have been used on all of us....to sum this shit up perfectly...skateboarding is in its current state due to corporations & governments using mind control techniques across the digital media platforms to dictate the behaviour, thought patterns & direction of western society. (remember the workshops old mind control graphics?)
Berrics is the main culprit doing this...they sold out to the hollywood mind control system long ago...Berra has played a huge part with his online fuckery & don't forget koston become a freemason when he signed with nike in 2010 & he constantly uses esoteric masonic imagery for his new brand...numbers?? Its very obvious. There are many brands now using occult esoteric imagery which has long been associated with mind control etc...Supreme has also been a main player for years but finally solidified it in public with the carlyle deal...I could go on for hours about what has really happened to our culture but I can already sense the backlash that will come from the heavily brainwashed, un-educated, triggered "digital native" millennials over this hard pill to swallow, so ill leave it there...shalom
[close]

holy shit. I’d never heard these things before even though there’s a skate brand called theories whose products riff on this kind of stuff. you like seriously redpilled me bro.
[close]
it is maam!

more like mademoiselle.

Get the strap

« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2019, 07:07:42 PM »
As someone who has been involved in/observing the industry for nearly 2 decades it is quite obvious it started with the infiltration of corporations around the 2000s, just like the rest of the worlds organic youth subcultures which have also become detached from their roots & gone "soft" & corporate - skateboarding culture has been co-opted by these corporate interests who are pushing their New World Order ideology in EVERY aspect of our lives...you can laugh and deny it all you like but that only shows how un-learned & detached you are from reality, which has happened through these very tactics that have been used on all of us....to sum this shit up perfectly...skateboarding is in its current state due to corporations & governments using mind control techniques across the digital media platforms to dictate the behaviour, thought patterns & direction of western society. (remember the workshops old mind control graphics?)
Berrics is the main culprit doing this...they sold out to the hollywood mind control system long ago...Berra has played a huge part with his online fuckery & don't forget koston become a freemason when he signed with nike in 2010 & he constantly uses esoteric masonic imagery for his new brand...numbers?? Its very obvious. There are many brands now using occult esoteric imagery which has long been associated with mind control etc...Supreme has also been a main player for years but finally solidified it in public with the carlyle deal...I could go on for hours about what has really happened to our culture but I can already sense the backlash that will come from the heavily brainwashed, un-educated, triggered "digital native" millennials over this hard pill to swallow, so ill leave it there...shalom

Digital Natives went over my head the first time, that is a pretty sick expression...but imagine a Bobby Digital x Native Tongues mix, that would be sick too.

skateboarding is in its current state due to corporations & governments using mind control techniques across the digital media platforms to dictate the behaviour, thought patterns & direction of western society.

You need to get into specifics...like reading the rules at BATB? Seems kind of mind controlish with the repetition over the years and what it basically says too. What are your specific examples?

I think what you're seeing has to do with global corporate culture instead of human culture, and culture and behavior are very similar. If someone is on Nike their culture is Nike skateboarding instead of the culture they grew up with or the culture that defines them. They might be so convicted to Nike they just claim Nike skateboarding culture defines them, period. If you're not representing the corporate culture you'll be kicked off the brand, which is where we fucked up. I've always felt yeah we'll wear your shoes but were still going to maintain our integrity and maintain our culture, fuck what you care...our human culture, our natural skateboarding culture...but nah our industry gave in and sold out. I wonder if you can even bargain with a global corporation like that. But with Instagram the global corporate culture just evolves and spreads exponentially, and maybe uses symbolism to speed that up even further.

Instagram and consumerism is not our culture, but all the skaters are running that so fucking hard nowadays, it's basically unstoppable and pretty much on track to create the new skateboard culture. You basically will be called out for not being a skater, or being actually alive, yes people need you to post everyday to consider you alive. If you're not behaving a certain way on Instagram or not consuming skateboard media or skateboard goods on a literal non-stop basis, you don't skate or pretty much don't exist. That's not skateboard culture. Luckily, archived from the 80's and 90's there are tons of audio interviews in videos and print interviews in magazine documenting actual skateboard culture. So as long as that's around there is still a chance, but I doubt our culture will go back to being normal, it's way too late for that, social media has taken over and AI is right around the corner. We're probably building the first skateboarder AI right now, give it a couple years it will be out telling us what to do.

the tranny monster

• Rep: -22
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2019, 07:29:49 PM »
9/11

Nag Champa

• Rep: -29
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2019, 07:39:10 PM »
why are guest allowed to start threads?

Nag Champa

« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2019, 07:40:02 PM »
Expand Quote
why are guest allowed to start threads?
[close]

What would you prefer?

Lord Quas

• Rep: 18
  • enter the liquid realm
« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2019, 07:43:37 PM »
skateboarding is Tiger Electronics if you fuck with Revive

those handhelds were shalom. revive is not.

Quote from: GAY
I've never broken a board and it's a bigger source of shame for me and my family than my homosexuality.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1188
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2019, 07:58:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Remive is more of a Philips CD-i
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Szechuan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
  • BadDreams nightmarecollective.
    • BadDreams nightmarecollective. 📺 avatar image
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2019, 08:24:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Except Revives bullshit clone of a product actually sells well. So Tiger would actually be apt as it was total shit but every kid had one or two when I was growing up.

foldskool

• Rep: 1
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2019, 08:33:40 PM »
skateboarding is PC if you fuck with Girl, Foundation, Real, Krooked
skateboarding is Mac if you fuck with Primitive, Nike SB, Numbers, Element
skateboarding is Linux if you fuck with Todd Falcon
skateboarding is pencil and paper if you fuck with Antihero

someone have this person's babies

fs overkrook

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2019, 09:22:17 PM »
Nigger

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2019, 09:27:07 PM »
Nigger
Thank you for saving skateboarding

brwrxstl

• Rep: -71
    • Tumblr avatar image
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2019, 01:28:33 AM »
lol as if you'd really get an answer to this on a forum filled with the same groupthink leftism that's made pc culture what it is today

shingles

• Rep: -61
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2019, 01:38:03 AM »
Faggot
support your local ramp-tramp

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2019, 04:38:56 AM »
First off, "Shalom" is too over-used on this site.

The gay agenda has infiltrated skateboarding. Follow the money and you will understand why its being pushed into every aspect of life. Population control. Feminizing the alpha-male image and destroying the family unit.

People need true facts or they will continue to blindly follow everything they are told to accept.

DISTRACT DECEIVE DIVIDE.

Have a great day!

do we have a homophobe here ?

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2019, 04:50:56 AM »
Also someone who doesn’t know that the idea of an ‘alpha male’ , which comes from wolf pack behavior, has been discredited

“In the past, the prevailing view on grey wolf packs was that they consisted of individuals vying with each other for dominance, with dominant grey wolves being referred to as the "alpha" male and female, and the subordinates as "beta" and "omega" wolves. This terminology was first used in 1947 by Rudolf Schenkel of the University of Basel, who based his findings on researching the behaviour of captive grey wolves. This view on gray wolf pack dynamics was later popularized by the researcher L. David Mech in his 1970 book The Wolf. He later found additional evidence that the concept of an Alpha male may have been an erroneous interpretation of incomplete data and formally disavowed this terminology in 1999. He explained that it was heavily based on the behavior of captive packs consisting of unrelated individuals, an error reflecting the once prevailing view that wild pack formation occurred in winter among independent gray wolves. Later research on wild gray wolves revealed that the pack is usually a family consisting of a breeding pair and their offspring of the previous 1–3 years.”

Some species do have “alpha” roles, but in primates, especially humans, it’s not always the ‘male’. 

But hey, over-simplifications require less thinking and let biases do the heavy lifting.

Shalom!
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

sms_b

« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2019, 05:26:18 AM »
It became PC when I banged your mom so good she gave up cock, inaugurating the post-cock (PC) era.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2019, 05:29:59 AM »
here’s a conspiracy theory for you: right wing propaganda is corporate and plutocrat propaganda which has the average American thinking unions, rent control, workers’ rights, equality and other “leftist” values are bad. that’s why a city like Seattle which actually lacks unions and rent control laws is under Amazon’s control. but a city like NYC which has strong unions and established rent control kicked those Amazon bozos out before they even got started on their second headquarters. anti-PC, anti-SJW propaganda is corporate propaganda.

cockrabbit

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2019, 06:49:39 AM »
skateboarding is PC if you fuck with Girl, Foundation, Real, Krooked
skateboarding is Mac if you fuck with Primitive, Nike SB, Numbers, Element
skateboarding is Linux if you fuck with Todd Falcon
skateboarding is pencil and paper if you fuck with Antihero

Dad Muska

• Rep: 5
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2019, 06:56:49 AM »
Skateboarding has always been PC.

And by PC I mean, Pretty Cool  8)
Mom Penny

JasonJessee4President

• Rep: -27
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2019, 07:04:55 AM »
Come on.

no im not defending nazis
pussy. starting out on defense? why even start?

i'll tell you why. skateboarding is headquartered in California, a massively estrogenic part of northern mexico. so shitlibs have brainwashed all the sterile men out there who are further feminized by all the weed smoking.

its a shame really. there was a time when California was the land of masculine White men who would have beaten faggots like BA and tranny freaks like lacey baker to hell. they damn sure wouldnt give a fuck about JJ being proud to be White, the same way all you brown people are proud of that.

now you have a bunch of whiny feminine soyboys and mexican sissies that whine about things people said once that hurt their feelings. WAAAAAAHHHHH!!! im surprised no one has pitched a fit about the lack of transexuals on the nine club yet. im guessing jenkem hasnt gotten around to it yet.

MAKE SKATEBOARDING MASCULINE AGAIN

Htownlegend

• Rep: -63
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2019, 07:08:03 AM »
Young people dont care about "being nice to each other." They care about fitting in and following trends. If its trendy to be PC, then that's what the majority of young people will do.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2019, 07:16:52 AM »
Skateboarding was once a subculture that thrived in the streets and in inner cities. It was a culture owned by outcasts and people from broken homes, street rats. In street culture people do not avoid beef and do not shy away from saying straight up what they really think. They have nothing to lose.

Then skateboarding became more middle class. The heart of skate culture was no longer streets but skate parks. Regular middle class kids took it up, and more and more corporate companies started to invest money into it. Along with being middle class came the way middle class communicates. The way middle class communicates is you never say straight up what you really think. Instead you alway conceal your real thoughts behind diplomatic and correct rhetoric. Because you have so much to lose.

If this continues skateboarding will become tamed, and lose its cultural attractiveness. Just like what happened to snowboarding.

I say in reality nowadays skateboarding is actually more racist than it used to be. Because when people are not real, then all the bullshit stays hidden.

Htownlegend

« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2019, 07:24:02 AM »
Skateboarding was once a subculture that thrived in the streets and in inner cities. It was a culture owned by outcasts and people from broken homes, street rats. In street culture people do not avoid beef and do not shy away from saying straight up what they really think. They have nothing to lose.

Then skateboarding became more middle class. The heart of skate culture was no longer streets but skate parks. Regular middle class kids took it up, and more and more corporate companies started to invest money into it. Along with being middle class came the way middle class communicates. The way middle class communicates is you never say straight up what you really think. Instead you alway conceal your real thoughts behind diplomatic and correct rhetoric. Because you have so much to lose.

If this continues skateboarding will become tamed, and lose its cultural attractiveness. Just like what happened to snowboarding.

I say in reality nowadays skateboarding is actually more racist than it used to be. Because when people are not real, then all the bullshit stays hidden.

I see what you're saying but when exactly was skateboarding a inner city, street thing? It was started by surfers, and that seemed to be the mentality until the 80s. I can really only say the early 90s was the only time that fits that description but skateboarding had already been around for 20+ years.

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2019, 07:39:35 AM »
I see what you're saying but when exactly was skateboarding a inner city, street thing? It was started by surfers, and that seemed to be the mentality until the 80s. I can really only say the early 90s was the only time that fits that description but skateboarding had already been around for 20+ years.

Yeah you have a point. But skateboarding pretty much died in the late 80's/early 90's, and then was reborn as an attractive street culture: the EMB, Pier 7, FTC, L.A. school yard scene. And the east coast Philly Love park, D.C. Pulaski park scene. Also what Ricky Oyola and Matt Reason did all over the city, Puleo's thing, Jahmal Williams thing, etc etc.

All that was/is real street culture.

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2019, 07:44:40 AM »
agree w/ Corto. also, blacks self policed each other from participating in 'white boy shit' more than any exclusion. there were always outliers who did it anyways and tbh whites heckled white skaters back then too.
PC has a storied history, from wiki: The term was invented by the Chinese communist leader Chairman Mao Zedong, who used it to silence political opposition. It was part of the totalitarian control of political discourse in communist China.Jan 27, 2018

Htownlegend

« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2019, 08:13:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah you have a point. But skateboarding pretty much died in the late 80's/early 90's, and then was reborn as an attractive street culture: the EMB, Pier 7, FTC, L.A. school yard scene. And the east coast Philly Love park, D.C. Pulaski park scene. Also what Ricky Oyola and Matt Reason did all over the city, Puleo's thing, Jahmal Williams thing, etc etc.

All that was/is real street culture.

That's true. Definitely a great era. The early 90s scene was definitely the comlplete opposite to "sidewalk surfing" in the 70s and the "80s vert/pool skating era."

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 622
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #87 on: March 08, 2019, 08:47:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Come on.

[close]

i'll tell you why. skateboarding is headquartered in California, a massively estrogenic part of northern mexico. so shitlibs have brainwashed all the sterile men out there who are further feminized by all the weed smoking.

its a shame really. there was a time when California was the land of masculine White men who would have beaten faggots like BA and tranny freaks like lacey baker to hell. they damn sure wouldnt give a fuck about JJ being proud to be White, the same way all you brown people are proud of that.

now you have a bunch of whiny feminine soyboys and mexican sissies that whine about things people said once that hurt their feelings. WAAAAAAHHHHH!!! im surprised no one has pitched a fit about the lack of transexuals on the nine club yet. im guessing jenkem hasnt gotten around to it yet.

perfect bullshit post on International Women's Day

Edit:I missed your username, you might actually be serious
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 08:52:53 AM by BALARGUE »

FrozenIndustries

« Reply #88 on: March 08, 2019, 08:51:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I see you there.

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: March 08, 2019, 09:24:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Come on.

[close]

alex jones and his anti-PC ilk are corporate shills who want Americans to think it’s communism to fight for workers’, tenants’ and civil rights. bow down to your corporate overlords. let the rich few control everything. it’s the American thing to do.