Author Topic: Is Supreme still for skaters?  (Read 2242 times)

hybridthrash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -3
  • I don't even know man, just skate
Is Supreme still for skaters?
« on: March 12, 2019, 07:54:01 PM »
I'm sure you heard this one before but as a skater is supreme even worth it? Or have non skaters screwed it up. I still have some supreme that I wear but its hard for support them now because the products that they make are definitely not for skaters anymore. Don't get me i've got nothing against the people that work there (some do), the guys there at supreme LA like tino, cody, and all the other guys skate and are cool people. I know supreme put out blessed just a couple months ago but i'm still iffy on supreme still being a skate company. How do you guys feel about supreme?

Brguy

Re: Is Supreme still for skaters?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 08:42:23 PM »
Just quit being a pussy and wondering if you're being accepted, don't even be tripping on what brands you wear or something stupid like that. Only thing that matters is the clothing, do they make some good stuff? Yeah. Overpriced? For sure, you could get most stuff supreme sells without the brand associated and I'd be a lot cheaper. Are they for skaters? Well, are you a skater because you skate or because you wear [brand that makes stuff for skateboarding]? And to answer the question, yes, it's a skate brand that basically outgrow all the others(picture DC, but bigger), they got a fucked up marketing plan and now they can even sell bricks and people pay the price.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 08:45:00 PM by Brguy »

puff daddy

• Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 09:11:42 PM »
theyve been making the same sorta shit for like 15 years now only difference is the overblown hype factor

hybridthrash

• I don't even know man, just skate
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 09:28:33 PM »
Just quit being a pussy and wondering if you're being accepted, don't even be tripping on what brands you wear or something stupid like that. Only thing that matters is the clothing, do they make some good stuff? Yeah. Overpriced? For sure, you could get most stuff supreme sells without the brand associated and I'd be a lot cheaper. Are they for skaters? Well, are you a skater because you skate or because you wear [brand that makes stuff for skateboarding]? And to answer the question, yes, it's a skate brand that basically outgrow all the others(picture DC, but bigger), they got a fucked up marketing plan and now they can even sell bricks and people pay the price.
Word.

Ty evans hanes tee

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 08:48:16 AM »
who cares

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 01:50:40 PM »
I try really hard on my skateboard" Crail chomp n I wear Supreme. Need a five panel for summer.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3335
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 01:58:24 PM »
Supreme is F.U.B.U., dawg.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 02:10:57 PM »
I'm sure you heard this one before but as a skater is supreme even worth it? Or have non skaters screwed it up. I still have some supreme that I wear but its hard for support them now because the products that they make are definitely not for skaters anymore. Don't get me i've got nothing against the people that work there (some do), the guys there at supreme LA like tino, cody, and all the other guys skate and are cool people. I know supreme put out blessed just a couple months ago but i'm still iffy on supreme still being a skate company. How do you guys feel about supreme?

“Gucci-flage” is a phrase from the movie Sniper.
Supreme looks back and makes a mash-up of cultures.
I’m an old crust  punk people try and buy my rotten patched up rags all the time. I say no.
Shops have misappropriated my look and sold shitty versions of what I do.

In 2019 If I had gold teeth off whites and a man bun or Cheetos. One could think me the world’s oldest stinking mumble rapper or something. 

Everyone’s shit sucks except mine

Koozin

• Rep: -18
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 02:15:40 PM »
No Lululemon is for skaters

Get the strap

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 03:08:59 PM »
Cherry came out in 2014...don't you know that 2015 to 2018 is the new 90's? That's how everyone's brain works.

Supreme started in 1994...1994 to 2014 doesn't exist unless it's on youtube. Get with the times.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 03:35:10 PM »
I got a homie who spent a shit ton of bit coin on supreme shit...first time I’ve even seen thier overpriced shit made me laugh.

I did enjoy cherry tho

KRKD1

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 03:42:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

“Gucci-flage” is a phrase from the movie Sniper.
Supreme looks back and makes a mash-up of cultures.
I’m an old crust  punk people try and buy my rotten patched up rags all the time. I say no.
Shops have misappropriated my look and sold shitty versions of what I do.

In 2019 If I had gold teeth off whites and a man bun or Cheetos. One could think me the world’s oldest stinking mumble rapper or something. 

Everyone’s shit sucks except mine

But punk music bit lots of there style from the ska wave 20 years prior to the 70s. Ecspcially the early inclinations of their "fashion" movement. If you talking about sweet denim vests and shitty patches no one gives a fuck about bikers have been doing that since the second world War brotha.  What are you even on about friend.

mrs.sarathe1

• Rep: -5
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 12:36:20 PM »
Who cares? Wear whatever you want.
Shalom.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2019, 12:49:49 PM »
People only care about what you wear when you're in highschool. i skate with some kids that wear "life is good" t-shirts and some that wear supreme, and both kill it. if you like the design buy it, if not, fuggetaboutitttt.

or you could go the slc punk route and just not wear anything skate related. that would be very core.