Author Topic: Who Distributes What?  (Read 4747 times)

WideFeet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 82
Who Distributes What?
« on: March 13, 2019, 03:46:25 PM »
Opening a shop, and I’m having a hard time getting in contact with some places.

Hoping some Pals have some info or ideas?

I know the basics, like NHS, DLX, Theories, Baker Boys, Hyperion, Dwindle. Getting them to answer back is another story.

Some other brands are harder to figure out.

Just some help naming some distributions so I can try to get in touch with them would be greatly appreciated.

SHALOM!!!

Coco Santiagos Kitten

Re: Who Distributes What?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 03:48:58 PM »
Hit up Eastern and South Shore to get the ball rolling. They have the basics.

Lord Quas

• Rep: 18
  • enter the liquid realm
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 03:49:37 PM »

Quote from: GAY
I've never broken a board and it's a bigger source of shame for me and my family than my homosexuality.

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 03:53:29 PM »
if you're trying to figure out how to get certain brands, you should say what brands you're trying to get, so people can tell you what they know. 
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

chris gentryfied

• Rep: -86
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2019, 03:54:57 PM »
Melcher distributes nose candy.

WideFeet

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2019, 04:08:02 PM »
WOODSHOP LIST 2019
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=103057.0

Thanks for the help, but those are woodshops. Not distributors. They make the boards, not sell them.

roscoemoore1

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2019, 04:19:43 PM »
might be helpful to know where you're based?

Buck Russell

• Rep: -318
  • Bug or gnat?
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2019, 04:19:54 PM »
"will this endeavor be successful?"

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2019, 04:22:10 PM »
Opening a shop, and I’m having a hard time getting in contact with some places.

Hoping some Pals have some info or ideas?

I know the basics, like NHS, DLX, Theories, Baker Boys, Hyperion, Dwindle. Getting them to answer back is another story.

Some other brands are harder to figure out.

Just some help naming some distributions so I can try to get in touch with them would be greatly appreciated.

SHALOM!!!

Try listing what brands you plan on carrying (if you have a list?) that way we can help ya out!

Also, when you hit distributors up, make sure to tell them what city and state your shop is based out of as well as your contact info. This will help expedite the shop set-up process as they will be able to set you up with the Sales Rep in your region with much less back and forth emailing.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2019, 04:23:39 PM »
Doesn't really matter because either way you're gonna end up in debt

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3326
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2019, 04:38:01 PM »
Who is more fool?
Who is more fool?
The fool or the fool that follows the fool?

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2019, 04:42:18 PM »
Usually there's local distributions no? Whose your regional ones?

Cuban_Lynx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2019, 04:43:55 PM »
Send money to Jimi Britches for the hottest FA/Hockey gear.

Putaslocas

• Rep: -291
  • EAT SHIT AND DIE
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2019, 04:49:59 PM »

Colt Cannon's Cargos

• Rep: -5
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2019, 04:56:09 PM »
No one is going to let you enter any orders without a credit application and if you're new with no history, you will likely need to pay for any orders COD or with a cashier's check.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 05:02:58 PM »
Doesn't really matter because either way you're gonna end up in debt

It'll also help if you have any friends or anything that have worked at/own shops to let you know which companies are more strict and which ones are easier/more lenient to work with.

i.e. Nike SB making you buy 3 shitty shoes that you don't want so you can buy one popular Janoski vs. Emerica letting you buy just the shoes that you want. Having worked at a shop for a few years, this factor plays a big part in how much money you'll spend/owe, etc.

Hopefully this advice will keep you from doing what Planman mentioned

WideFeet

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2019, 05:30:20 PM »
Thank you for all the responses.

Located in Northern California.

We have gotten a hold of a lot of people, but I’m trying to cover my bases.

We already have an account with AWH, to the guy above. Trying to go direct with as many accounts as possible though, obviously.

Currently emailing back and forth with Sole Tech, Primitive, Welcome, NHS. There’s probably a couple more, but I’m pretty burnt from today.

DLX has been impossible so far. I reached out a month ago, got an email back, and never heard from them again. I know who the rep is in my area, so if I don’t hear back from them this time, I’ll just reach out to him directly. I’m just trying to go about it the right way.

I also know who the rep. is for FA and Hockey, but again, haven’t been able to find a phone number or email to go about getting their acccount the right way.

Again, thanks for the responses!!!

SHALOM

whorific

• Rep: -169
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2019, 06:00:37 PM »

We already have an account with AWH, to the guy above. Trying to go direct with as many accounts as possible though, obviously.

Currently emailing back and forth with Sole Tech, Primitive, Welcome, NHS. There’s probably a couple more, but I’m pretty burnt from today.

DLX has been impossible so far. I reached out a month ago, got an email back, and never heard from them again. I know who the rep is in my area, so if I don’t hear back from them this time, I’ll just reach out to him directly. I’m just trying to go about it the right way.

I also know who the rep. is for FA and Hockey, but again, haven’t been able to find a phone number or email to go about getting their acccount the right way.

SHALOM

Also opening a small shop , I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like eastern skate supply has a lot of the deluxe stuff, I'm trying to work with them myself but funny thing they only Have Indy titanium in 144, I just want to get the very basics very small time operation to compete with the local zumiez
" I did not say this I am not here"

dyllan

• Rep: -25
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2019, 09:52:51 PM »

SHALOM
hey i live in NorCal im curious where i can visit this shop once hopefully running maybe I’ll have a new local 0.o

WideFeet

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2019, 12:24:50 AM »
Expand Quote

SHALOM
[close]

Also opening a small shop , I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong but it seems like eastern skate supply has a lot of the deluxe stuff, I'm trying to work with them myself but funny thing they only Have Indy titanium in 144, I just want to get the very basics very small time operation to compete with the local zumiez

Not sure what steps you’ve taken to get accounts, but definitely try to go direct with brands over using Eastern or other 2nd hand Distributors if you can. It’ll be less expensive going direct, meaning more prophet. And making relationships with brands will help you in the long run.

Good luck with your shop! Keep fighting the good fight!

Shalom!

weon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • todo gratis todo gay
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2019, 12:39:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

SHALOM
[close]

[close]

Not sure what steps you’ve taken to get accounts, but definitely try to go direct with brands over using Eastern or other 2nd hand Distributors if you can. It’ll be less expensive going direct, meaning more prophet. And making relationships with brands will help you in the long run.

Good luck with your shop! Keep fighting the good fight!

Shalom!

shalom indeed
Lil' Wayne is more core than Jaden Smith.
Damn. Chico of Chocolate now Pyramids of Giza. What the hell is going on?

bo golden

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2019, 05:15:29 AM »
Melcher distributes nose candy.

does he do mailorder? C.O.D.?

Utopos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -23
  • Who Cares
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2019, 06:42:43 AM »

ALONELIKEASTONEHELP

• Rep: 0
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2019, 07:25:11 AM »
Direct isn't always better... keep in mind shipping. You'll see.
Say you need a few things to fill some space or are almost out of stock on grip and REDS. Plus maybe need a couple anti hero decks and a few things from girl and a customer wants a Andrew Reynolds deck you said you can get.  You all of a sudden have 4 or 5 small packages coming... each with their own shipping cost. You can go to a distributor and get all that at one place and since the total is higher shipping may be free.... and also going direct does not mean better pricing. Just my 2 cents though.

tension

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • Lexapro
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2019, 11:48:50 AM »
Hit up Eastern and South Shore to get the ball rolling. They have the basics.

i do the buying at a shop and have for 9 years- eastern is a key reason i still have a job. they have almost everything and ship real fast
hopefully ty evans was there to film him laying on the ground in HD

SIMPLY

• Rep: 32
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2019, 05:04:46 PM »
DLX is very protective of shops already in Northern California, depending on where you're at that could be the reason they aren't getting back to you

WideFeet

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2019, 05:50:59 PM »
DLX is very protective of shops already in Northern California, depending on where you're at that could be the reason they aren't getting back to you

Closest shop to us in any direction is 20 miles away. We had a shop almost a year ago. It was there for over 10 years I think and the partners decided to go their separate ways. Not sure why it’s so impossible to get a hold of these guys. Haha

LennyDLXSF

• Rep: 77
  • Deluxe Customer Service
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2019, 08:07:25 AM »

SHALOM

Jon Schaub is technically the rep for your area...([email protected])

But try hitting up Nick Squires, [email protected] -- He gets shit handled.

fs overkrook

« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2019, 02:59:05 PM »
Andrew Reynolds owns emerica so if you’re trying to get them in your shop you have to hit him up in the dms.

WideFeet

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 07:51:25 PM »
Expand Quote

SHALOM
[close]

Jon Schaub is technically the rep for your area...([email protected])

But try hitting up Nick Squires, [email protected] -- He gets shit handled.

Yes! Thank you! I have emailed Nick and he said he would forward my info to Jon.

I’ll email again though. Much appreciated! I forgot some DLX dudes post in here. You don’t know how appreciated the help is.