Author Topic: Streaming on Twitch.tv  (Read 2514 times)

GOKU

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
Streaming on Twitch.tv
« on: March 14, 2019, 04:37:07 PM »
Anyone else do this? My old friend inspired me to get back into this the other day, and I realized that from doing enough streaming in the past that I was eligible for "Affiliate" status!

https://twitch.tv/kitty666cats

This is mah stream. If any of you dudes have Amazon Prime, you can link your account to Twitch and get "Twitch Prime" for free. It allows you a free $5 subscription to one streamer every month.

Shameless (jk, I feel pretty shameful) self promotion, but if anyone wants to throw ya boi a free sub (once again, don't cost a thang!) then I would be super stoked.

Apparently Twitch doesn't send you any money until you accrue $100 worth of subscriptions/"bits", last I checked I am at 8 subscribers. I think Affiliates/Partners get like 50% of the subscription fee, but maybe that's changed or Affiliates get a little less? No clue!

I highly doubt I will ever reach that $100 threshold and start getting checks in the mail for streaming my dorky ass playing vidyas, but it would be pretty hilarious and dope to get some extra pocket money because of it. The 2010s are trippy as hell, haha. What REALLY trips me out is the people on YouTube who make bank for "unboxing videos", literally just opening stupid material possessions and describing them. I back the fuck out of ReviewBrah though.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
Re: Streaming on Twitch.tv
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 06:48:11 AM »
A lot of "Please like and subscribe to my chanel" talk in here. Sorry about the bitterness but I'm allergic to all those Fortnite players that scream like little girls in the mic.

What kind of games do you play?

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 11:03:25 PM »
A lot of "Please like and subscribe to my chanel" talk in here. Sorry about the bitterness but I'm allergic to all those Fortnite players that scream like little girls in the mic.

What kind of games do you play?

My computer is shite so I mostly rock NES, SNES, and Genesis shit. Anything more uses up like freakin' 90+ percent of my laptop's CPU, hahah. I also have a PS4 so I can stream whichever games are on there with the PS4's built-in streaming software. Playing RE2 these days, meaning to play thru the Dark Souls trilogy (and Bloodborne) again, and then some other stuff from the online store:

Remembered I have Day of the Tentacle on dat PS4:

and this game I bought a while back called "Cosmic Star Heroine" that's inspired by old JRPGs for like SNES and Sega-CD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juKE8FvMky0

-----

Also, speaking of Dark Souls and Bloodborne, the developers have a new game coming out this month called Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice. It's got a similar play style but is way more fast-paced and has a shitload more jumping, grappling hooks, gadgets & shit. Looks so rad but oh lorddd so many games on my to-do list haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7ceuZ0gXjg

EDIT:
Also, I have never played Fortnite and never will haha. I'm not at all about those League of Legends/MOBA/Battle Royale type games. Too much shit to learn and whenever you start there's always a zillion people who are way too freakin' good at the game... plus all the stupid DLC that you basically HAVE to buy to stand a chance. Never been interested in checking out games like that. I also don't really rock FPS games because I have godawful aim... I have genetically shaky hands (I think the medical term is "essential tremor") so those games are nigh-impossible for me to get even remotely good at  :P

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:07:03 PM by GOKU »

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 11:54:35 PM »
Ok, fair enough. And yes, Sekiro looks amazing.

Speakr

• Rep: 61
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2019, 02:13:52 AM »
I tried via my ps4 a couple of times, but I didn't have the discipline to do it regularly. I recently fired up my old ps2, so I'm tempted to patch that through to my pc and stream some old ps2 gems. But any spare time I find I rather spend skateboarding.

Good luck on your efforts tho.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 10:01:14 AM »
I tried via my ps4 a couple of times, but I didn't have the discipline to do it regularly. I recently fired up my old ps2, so I'm tempted to patch that through to my pc and stream some old ps2 gems. But any spare time I find I rather spend skateboarding.

Good luck on your efforts tho.

Yeah, I have a shitty ass $20 capture card I got in like 2012 for streaming off my old Xbox 360, I use that on my PS2 once in a while. Damn, 2012... can't believe I've been streaming that long! I really barely ever do it, my friend coerced me back into it just last week.

I've always been curious about some of the games they made for PS2 (and Dreamcast) with online capabilities, so very very few people had that shit back in the day. Definitely nobody that I knew had the internet adapters. The Resident Evil Outbreak games looked pretty fun to play with others, and also the PS2 Armored Core games. I guess nowadays people still run fan servers for, at the very least, RE: Outbreak. Not sure if there's an Armored Core scene though.

Another cool thing about fan servers is Demon's Souls for PS3... the official servers got shut down last year after roughly a whole decade (which is SUPER long for a game on a previous gen console), but fans almost immediately got a fan server going. You have to go into your PS3 settings and fiddle with some stuff, but it's a relatively easy task. There's tutorials out there on Reddit or YouTube or something. That's another one from the Souls series that I gotta go back to, never completely finished it. I was too scared to play through the poison swamp area, it looked even more frustrating than the poison are from Dark Souls 1... which is saying A LOT!

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 01:14:30 PM »
I've tried it out a few times kind of as exposure therapy since I'm a pretty anxious person when it comes to public speaking, other than that I didn't take it serious and kinda lost interest eventually. I'll give you a follow because I still enjoy watching streams though.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 01:30:41 PM »
I stream my gran Turismo sport sessions about 3-4x a week on the PS4 ...I pretty much do no marketing or outreach for viewers soo at most I had 1 viewer.  I’m planning on entering the public races so I hope that will get me some views

feedmeseymour

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 05:37:53 PM »
Twitch is tough to get a channel going. Unless you’re a girl playing hearthstone or league of legends. It’s cool that you can save streams and clip them so they are stored on twitch and not clogging up your computer though.

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 12:33:35 PM »
Ok, fair enough. And yes, Sekiro looks amazing.

Yo homie check your inbox, I messaged you about something unrelated to this thread... musing on & pondering perhaps the greatest Russian skateboarder ever ;)

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2019, 12:57:17 PM »
I haven't streamed in months but might give it another try this summer, so I'll just leave the link to my channel here. I'm not interested in donations or anything but I'd be interested to follow you guys back if anyone here wants to share their channels as well. Shalom.

https://www.twitch.tv/hmmmm_nice_bike
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 01:04:05 PM by Hmmmm Nice Bike »

feedmeseymour

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2019, 09:42:03 AM »
I haven't streamed in months but might give it another try this summer, so I'll just leave the link to my channel here. I'm not interested in donations or anything but I'd be interested to follow you guys back if anyone here wants to share their channels as well. Shalom.

Just got my computer fixed so I think there’s a very good chance I’m gonna start speed running super ghouls n ghosts again. Might have to jump back on twitch myself.

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2019, 03:57:04 PM »
What's your twitch channel?

GOKU

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2019, 07:52:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Just got my computer fixed so I think there’s a very good chance I’m gonna start speed running super ghouls n ghosts again. Might have to jump back on twitch myself.

SG&G is hard-fucking-core, dude. Beating that game casually is maddening enough! Do you do "true ending" runs where you have to beat it twice, or just one-loop runs?

feedmeseymour

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2019, 05:10:23 AM »
Oh 2 loops, i can usually get loop one done sub 20 min but loop two usually fucks me and takes 30 min. On the snes version there’s a real ending and whatnot, the nes one is the one that loops infinitely. Fuck the nes one, it’s impossibly hard but snes sgng is the jam. Favorite game that I hate more than anything lol

Pb was like 45min
« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 05:18:54 AM by feedmeseymour »

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2022, 12:10:35 AM »
Just started streaming on Twitch. Anyone else been streaming?

twitch.tv/JabbasPetRancor if anyone is interested in checking out my channel. I don't have a lot of followers or viewers, but I'm always down to chat with people while I play random games like GTA, Dead by Daylight, Back 4 Blood or whatever my friends want to play.

I'm also down to follow any other PALS on here that have channels!

she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 08:06:46 AM »
i have always wanted to stream and finally got all the shit to do it, then never really felt like doing it after that. i just like playing games on my own i realzied lol i dontw ant to have to worry about if i spilled coffee on my shirt or w/e

might get back into it though. i thought of actually doing a sakte stream in my buddy's garage he has a flat bar and a little manny pad
ONTARIO CANADA

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2022, 12:57:50 PM »
i have always wanted to stream and finally got all the shit to do it, then never really felt like doing it after that. i just like playing games on my own i realzied lol i dontw ant to have to worry about if i spilled coffee on my shirt or w/e

might get back into it though. i thought of actually doing a sakte stream in my buddy's garage he has a flat bar and a little manny pad

Do it. I'd watch. Never really seen anyone do skating streams on twitch (only youtube).

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2022, 03:16:39 PM »
Is there people on there doing a lot of non video game stuff?

I’ve actually never looked at it but a met a twitch streamer lately and they told me they watch this guy from Hawaii that carves things out of wood. It seems cool.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2022, 05:23:05 PM »

I’ve actually never looked at it but a met a twitch streamer lately and they told me they watch this guy from Hawaii that carves things out of wood. It seems cool.

I used to watch Hasanabi and his streams are 1/2 left leaning politics and the other half is adhd fueled random youtube videos.  He's one of the top twitch streamers too

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2022, 12:58:17 PM »

You can watch girls just talking about whatevers and usually put emphasis on their outfits and cleavage

thebacker

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2022, 01:34:18 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You can watch girls just talking about whatevers and usually put emphasis on their outfits and cleavage

that guy rules

thebacker

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2022, 01:36:33 PM »
also it's super interesting to note how twitch has come full circle from their justin.tv days.
There were sections of 24/7 TV show streams, IRL/just chatting esque streams, and of course gaming. All of which is on twitch now but wasn't really in the beginning of twitch.

I believe there was a politics sections on justin.tv but it's been so long that i cant really remember but all that is still prevalent in the just chatting section on stream.

all time goat streamer was the cop who would do karaoke on his night shift in the mid west somewhere

h00man

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2022, 11:51:35 AM »
If you do a karaoke stream channel, I'd watch.