Author Topic: Snowboard Appreciation  (Read 37794 times)

hiljentaa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 26
Re: Snowboard Appreciation
« Reply #630 on: November 11, 2022, 11:26:46 AM »
Expand Quote
This is going to be my first season riding. Bought most of my gear already, just need to get fitted for boots in the shop.

I live/work in Aspen during the winter. Work gives us a 4 mountain pass. Super excited but also a bit nervous.
[close]

How is the snow pack?  We need 50ft in Tahoe, I think we got about 5' this week

Enough that Aspen/Snowmass is opening early. Still way too early to say how the season will be though.

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #631 on: November 12, 2022, 07:59:34 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysjv-zfczjo

Austen Sweetin and Lucey never fail. This got me stoked for some earth surfin
Proverbs 27:17

FuzzGNU

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 161
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #632 on: November 12, 2022, 09:54:34 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysjv-zfczjo

Austen Sweetin and Lucey never fail. This got me stoked for some earth surfin

Oh wow. What is this type of snowboarding called? (In the first half where they're sorta riding those little bumps like they're surfing)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2022, 10:02:54 AM by FuzzGNU »

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #633 on: November 12, 2022, 07:45:52 PM »
 freeriding.
Proverbs 27:17

Morning Jazz Radio

• Rep: 16
  • Have your coffee with some jazz!
« Reply #634 on: November 16, 2022, 02:33:36 PM »

rickdizzo

• Rep: 5
  • I'M THE WHITE LIAM NEESON
« Reply #635 on: November 17, 2022, 01:03:13 PM »
So, winter season is still faaar away... But I'm toying with the idea of doing a pow-trip to Japan the coming winter. But I have no idea where to even begin. Planning on going with a couple of friends, maybe renting a car and visiting a *couple* of spots during ~2 weeks.

Pals located in Japan when's the best time to go there? And are the resorts on Hokkaido the place to be? What are some cheap and simple places to stay? Love

FYI if ya got a veil pass you get a free week at hakuba or rutustu.

Lukabrazi

• Rep: 130
« Reply #636 on: November 17, 2022, 03:16:28 PM »
Expand Quote
So, winter season is still faaar away... But I'm toying with the idea of doing a pow-trip to Japan the coming winter. But I have no idea where to even begin. Planning on going with a couple of friends, maybe renting a car and visiting a *couple* of spots during ~2 weeks.

Pals located in Japan when's the best time to go there? And are the resorts on Hokkaido the place to be? What are some cheap and simple places to stay? Love
[close]

FYI if ya got a veil pass you get a free week at hakuba or rutustu.

the ikon gives you 7 days at Niseko as well if you are not on the Epic Pass.

I went to Niseko in 2017 from Feb 10th-22nd. It obviously depends on the year, but I'd say anytime in late January until end of February is probably the best time to go. We were supposed to do Hakuba and some other lodge/backcountry thing on the main island, but it was too warm down there so we just stayed in Niseko for the duration of our trip. We used Ecolodge hostel right outside Niseko and it was around $75 per night per person, which was really good. They had a dank restaurant in the hostel that served really good food. close to the resort etc.

It was also pretty cheap to ride there without a pass at the time , I think it was 40-65 a day depending on how many sections of Niseko you wanted to ride (4 zones on the mtn) If i went back I'd focus on each zone for a day instead of trying to get an entire mountain pass which was more expensive .

if anybody in Colorado this winter and makes it up to Steamboat, hit me up and I can show ya some good stuff.