Author Topic: Snowboard Appreciation  (Read 53420 times)

Snowboardingsbetter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -25
Re: Snowboard Appreciation
« Reply #120 on: December 19, 2019, 07:38:00 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
hell yeah bros i love rippin turns on some fresh cord! nothin like goin totally nectar in some pow pow though! Hang loose out there snow bros and get pitted.
[close]

My man! Gotta love the perseverance. A rogue admin kooks him into oblivion but does that keep this epic pow surfer down? No way. Even after that public embarrassment my man gets back up on his Roxy Glow 138 takes the training wheels off and busts back in a thread about the best X treme sport.

I gotta give it to you man after that messy focus to come back in here and still act cooler than a group of people for the type of board sport they enjoy is a different type of confidence and I’m all over it.

On wednesdays we wear pink.
[close]

worked on a mountain in breckenridge colorado for a year shooting photos for vail. snowboarded 150 days in a season. ive heard people say that kinda shit daily, if you cant laugh at yourself then youre taking it too seriously.

I’m just messing with you baby. I like our back and forth

Desiree Melancon is the original Nora V
Last Resort with Stan > Skateline
Keir Dillon is broker Mikey Taylor
Jibgurl300>skatemoss
Scott Stevens is cooler than everything

Fred Gerwer Frank Gall

« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2019, 10:04:02 AM »
Just got a Peak Pass.

Also just came across this newer vid of Cardiel earning turns

https://youtu.be/L4NYMoLi0ew

That was great. Catching some methods... that's got to feel amazing to him at this point...

ohnowisee

• Rep: -2
« Reply #122 on: December 27, 2019, 11:15:58 AM »
Ilford is way more core than Kodak - natenola forever

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #123 on: December 28, 2019, 03:11:56 PM »
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Spacenoid

• Rep: 0
« Reply #124 on: December 28, 2019, 04:10:27 PM »

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #125 on: December 28, 2019, 08:02:42 PM »

WPG

• Rep: -8
« Reply #126 on: January 01, 2020, 05:51:28 PM »
got up to Silverstar. So much powder probably one of the best days I’ve had riding! Awful to hear about Jaeger :(
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

tkp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 499
    • shop lurker avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #127 on: January 02, 2020, 11:29:25 PM »
my favorite lift accessed back country line in tahoe stayed fresh everyday during the holidays (snow shit is at the end of the clip)

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6jqYutlR9B/

delaware county

• Rep: 24
    • www.kineticskateboarding.com avatar image
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2020, 08:37:24 AM »

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #129 on: January 06, 2020, 02:07:48 PM »
https://imgur.com/a/WoVsXV2 - following a buddy thru the trees in CO a few days ago .

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2020, 08:06:17 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQurG_Yrjz4

Finally got around to watching this and it was such a fun watch. Fred Perry is a mad man

Lukabrazi that looked like such a fun run through the woods man

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2020, 07:45:20 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQurG_Yrjz4
Somehow this was more exciting than most skatevids. That Phil Hansen dude casually hits fat rails on any board. Plus those border collies are mad cute.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2020, 08:57:14 AM »

Thought this was a funny little homie video

http://youtu.be/W2MlBefwirw

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2020, 11:41:52 AM »
mArLeY

Get fired up

• Rep: -54
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2020, 09:16:02 PM »
Pretty stoked on Austen’s new part.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzYaQwaFfJI

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2020, 01:24:46 PM »
https://imgur.com/MEBOATJ
https://imgur.com/06t8JEf

two more clips from yesterday . snowboarding is fun. but it fucking takes such a toll on your body

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2020, 05:01:20 PM »
Anybody here use a duck stance? I'm thinking about making the switch because I guess it helps your switch riding? I'm so regular that I can't toeside carve for shit so I heelside everything, and when I should go toeside I always have to go into switch and turn heelside. On the upside of this, I can bomb down a slope pretty fast going switch.

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2020, 05:14:48 PM »
Anybody here use a duck stance? I'm thinking about making the switch because I guess it helps your switch riding? I'm so regular that I can't toeside carve for shit so I heelside everything, and when I should go toeside I always have to go into switch and turn heelside. On the upside of this, I can bomb down a slope pretty fast going switch.

I’m 9, -6 or I might be 6,-6 I forget tbh. But I do it because I ride goofy on a skateboard and regular on a snowboard so I think that may be why switch on a snowboard is a bit easier for me so I like to have the option.

Spacenoid

« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2020, 08:33:23 PM »

I ride +16, -16. Definitely, if you plan to be riding switch go duck. A good tip for going toeside is to look to the top of the hill as you engage your edge completely

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2020, 09:44:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I ride +16, -16. Definitely, if you plan to be riding switch go duck. A good tip for going toeside is to look to the top of the hill as you engage your edge completely

Damn! That’s pretty ducky lol

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2020, 09:58:46 PM »

Im at 15 / -12. Its close enough to twin where switch isnt weird.

Mesteezo

« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2020, 11:19:44 AM »
Damn I never realized all the different combinations of angles people use. I was thinking about starting off with +15/-15, so I'll start from there and adjust based on feel. Any of you guys with bad knees have any recommendations?

ohnowisee

• Rep: -2
« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2020, 12:36:28 PM »
https://youtu.be/Q0tm_SWU4-s

Jeremy Jones is always doing the most interesting stuff.
Ilford is way more core than Kodak - natenola forever

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2020, 02:56:25 PM »
+24 +3 babyyyyy
🤙

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2020, 07:13:40 PM »
went snowboarding yesterday and learned switch 540 boardslides . im not sure what it’s actually called but your like spinning while sliding and it’s fun as fuck
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Spacenoid

« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2020, 09:59:32 PM »
went snowboarding yesterday and learned switch 540 boardslides . im not sure what it’s actually called but your like spinning while sliding and it’s fun as fuck

like spinning on a box/flat feature? fuckin tight, forget the name but it looks mad fun

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #146 on: January 13, 2020, 03:17:26 PM »
Damn I never realized all the different combinations of angles people use. I was thinking about starting off with +15/-15, so I'll start from there and adjust based on feel. Any of you guys with bad knees have any recommendations?

I had something less than -15 for my backfoot and when I finally changed to -15 it was amazing relief on my knees.

I ride powder specific directional board most of the time, but I can still pop 180's , so I like -15 for my backfoot and keep my front around +18

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2020, 04:30:57 AM »

I’ve ridden 15/-15 for about 25 years, last year experimented with 18/-12. I’ll try full positives this year on my stiff board.

Just do what feels right for your knees. It may be less stance than how you are twisting your body.

As for toeside, you gotta learn that shit sooner or later. Make it sooner.

You might have had a bad experience with it that put you off, but if that’s the case, it gets easier.

As you snowboard, gently roll from your heels to your toes on the bottoms of your feet as you turn.

Do it gently at first, and as you go onto your toes, have the feeling of twisting your toes (in your boots) uphill.

When you start turning onto your heels, gently roll onto them and then twist your feet in your boots so that your toes point back  downhill, and you do ‘C’ shaped turns.

Try to feel this more with the feet than with the upper body (although your head should be looking ahead through the turn)

Hope that helps.
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Mesteezo

« Reply #148 on: January 14, 2020, 01:09:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I’ve ridden 15/-15 for about 25 years, last year experimented with 18/-12. I’ll try full positives this year on my stiff board.

Just do what feels right for your knees. It may be less stance than how you are twisting your body.

As for toeside, you gotta learn that shit sooner or later. Make it sooner.

You might have had a bad experience with it that put you off, but if that’s the case, it gets easier.

As you snowboard, gently roll from your heels to your toes on the bottoms of your feet as you turn.

Do it gently at first, and as you go onto your toes, have the feeling of twisting your toes (in your boots) uphill.

When you start turning onto your heels, gently roll onto them and then twist your feet in your boots so that your toes point back  downhill, and you do ‘C’ shaped turns.

Try to feel this more with the feet than with the upper body (although your head should be looking ahead through the turn)

Hope that helps.

Cheers for the tips. Currently at sugar bowl right now and this +15/-15 has felt super good so far, especially for my switch. My toeside has gotten totally better as well, but still having commitment issues on steeper terrain but I guess that comes with practice. Now my main problem is getting out of powder, I spend a good chunk of time getting stuck in powder and exert a lot of energy trying to get out

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: January 14, 2020, 05:04:08 PM »
I checked my setup is 9,-9. You guys convinced me to change my park board to 15,-15