Author Topic: Snowboard Appreciation  (Read 53415 times)

Hash Slinging Slasher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93

Telly

• Rep: -150
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Snowboard Appreciation
« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2020, 10:09:16 AM »
You want to feel like you’re skating on snow try the burton nug. Best of both worlds.  Very stiff but short and rockered(some were v rocker, some were a different rocker profile). Even the flat ones are pretty fun(last two years).  They don’t make it anymore but it is out there and fun as fuck.  I have 8 or 9 so I’m good for awhile.

Telly

« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2020, 10:10:28 AM »
I’ve heard good things about the yes 420 as well.  Yes is made by nidecker and is the guys behind the burton uninc crew from the mid to late 2000’s.

spanyard

• Rep: 77
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #213 on: November 15, 2020, 10:50:51 AM »
I got a interior plain project (local buddy's brand) for park and a lib box scratcher for street. Got a flight attendant for vacation resorts as well. I'm psyched for this winter!

spanyard

« Reply #214 on: November 15, 2020, 10:51:41 AM »
Yes to yes. I'm eyeing one of those PYL, look so good...

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 321
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2021, 12:08:52 AM »
After 3 substandard seasons in Japan, it’s nice to ride powder again.

Oh so nice. I’d better enjoy it, because with global warming substandard seasons will soon be the new standard.

Plus COVID has kept the aussies away so you don’t have to go gladiator-style to  find some pow.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 01:06:59 AM by cucktard »
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #216 on: January 06, 2021, 09:21:44 AM »
I got a interior plain project (local buddy's brand) for park and a lib box scratcher for street. Got a flight attendant for vacation resorts as well. I'm psyched for this winter!

IPP fucking rules. Sad as hell they're done after this season.
I had bought an Odessa but had to return it. Just too narrow for my size 13s, even at its waist width.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #217 on: January 06, 2021, 09:30:46 AM »
Snowboarding is my first love. I am a flatlander (SoCal) but I ride a fair amount. I have 10 days in this season and thats with skipping the insane crowds of the holiday period. My son is 11 and has gotten heavy into riding and is starting to get fast, powerful, and confident. He's my main riding buddy and its awesome.

I am estimating out 30 days this year. I am going to Colorado Saturday, Tahoe in February, Mammoth in February, Mammoth in March, China Peak in March, plus local riding. I've got one Mammoth trip done this year so far and another was canceled because of SAH order.

I am 44 now so most of my riding is All-Mountain freestyle esque and all-mountain charging.
I still love jibs and the park, but I am really into hips, sidehits, and stuff that I can do cool shit on that does not require spinning. It starts to suck at my advanced age and I am not Chad Otterstrom.

Quiver:
21 BSOD w/ 21 Atlas
21 Gremlin w/ 21 Force
20 Antigravity (Shares bindings w/ Gremlin now)
18 Slush Slasher w/ the old Rainier Custom House Force (if you cant tell, I am a Union fanboy)
20 Orca w/ 18 Falcors
20 Riders Choice w/ 21 Stratas
21 Cool Bean w/ 20 Contact Pros

I have pair of 20 Lassos that after 28 days are starting to delam.
I wear Airblaster outerwear and am a Crab Grab fanatic.

Been heavy (and expensively) into a full quiver upgrade in the last couple of years.

Favorite current riders are Arthur Longo, Blake Paul, Sam Taxwood (all Vans, wow, dork) Erik Leon, Austen Sweeten (his skating is rad too), Max Warbington. All-timers are Jamie, Blaise Rosenthal, Temple Cummins, Todd Richards.

Ok wow, sorry, really passionate about snow. lets talk more about it.
ok thanks

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #218 on: January 06, 2021, 06:45:00 PM »
No one is Chad Otterstrom, he is the equivelant of Chico and Grosso, and still kills it at his age.

I’m an instructor in Japan. Been riding since 87, instructing since 01.

Only have 3 or 4 boards in my quiver. One for instructing, one for free riding, a powder board and a half pipe board i use for carving on hard days. Most of my stuff is used, Japanese people aren’t hard on their gear so you can find some amazing stuff in the second-hand shops here.

After 2 or 3 bad seasons, this one has been good. We’re looking at 30 com tomorrow, and 40 the next day.

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #219 on: January 07, 2021, 11:46:41 AM »
No one is Chad Otterstrom, he is the equivelant of Chico and Grosso, and still kills it at his age.

God, its insane. He is still so fucking good.

I’m an instructor in Japan. Been riding since 87, instructing since 01.

Only have 3 or 4 boards in my quiver. One for instructing, one for free riding, a powder board and a half pipe board i use for carving on hard days. Most of my stuff is used, Japanese people aren’t hard on their gear so you can find some amazing stuff in the second-hand shops here.

After 2 or 3 bad seasons, this one has been good. We’re looking at 30 com tomorrow, and 40 the next day.

That is sick! I know it was tough in Japan in recent seasons, glad this year is much better!! We are going to Niseko in my son's 18th year, so 7 seasons from now. Itll be here before I know it (for better or worse). Glad youre getting dumped tomorrow. Looks like Sunday I will be riding steamboat in up to a foot of pow.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #220 on: January 07, 2021, 11:54:45 AM »
There is no better series of videos than SHE. I dont mind Yawgoons. The music is fun, and they do a lot with such a small hill, and Gamache rips, but no series of edits right now holds a candle to SHE. Brainbowl is probably second.

https://youtu.be/-p_Nu4AHM6Q

https://youtu.be/o4PkJab6Mj8

https://youtu.be/DRruzeLwB-o
ok thanks

spanyard

« Reply #221 on: January 07, 2021, 06:34:52 PM »
Nice quiver bigdave. I thought I was doing too much with 5 setups. Although after a near 20-year hiatus I went covid crazy and basically got closeout deals on 5 decks.  And you said sidehits so I was about to post the SHE trilogy but looks like you beat me to it. SHE is so good.

Street: '20 154 public therapy/old no back missions
Park: '20 IPP 152 Harrow/missions
Fuckaround/slush days: '20 156 Custom FV/cartels
Carver: '20 156 flight attendant/EST Genesis
Floater: '20 Salomon taka x wolle 155 HPS/cartels (guess I'm a burton binder fanboy)

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #222 on: January 08, 2021, 07:13:39 AM »
Nice quiver bigdave. I thought I was doing too much with 5 setups. Although after a near 20-year hiatus I went covid crazy and basically got closeout deals on 5 decks.  And you said sidehits so I was about to post the SHE trilogy but looks like you beat me to it. SHE is so good.

Street: '20 154 public therapy/old no back missions
Park: '20 IPP 152 Harrow/missions
Fuckaround/slush days: '20 156 Custom FV/cartels
Carver: '20 156 flight attendant/EST Genesis
Floater: '20 Salomon taka x wolle 155 HPS/cartels (guess I'm a burton binder fanboy)

haha! that is a great quiver. We definitely all have our brands that' were into. stoked to see Public and IPP in there for sure. I cant wait for SHE4.
ok thanks

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #223 on: January 08, 2021, 07:33:47 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFbFDbrHUG0

Cole Navin closes this out with one of the better street parts of our time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRhQHPlKTXo

My Buddy Seamus filmed/edited this. It's great. 6:07 Is some beautiful Craig Kelly esque  turning

Proverbs 27:17

Skibb

• Rep: 68
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #224 on: January 09, 2021, 01:14:34 AM »
Snowboarding is my first love. I am a flatlander (SoCal) but I ride a fair amount. I have 10 days in this season and thats with skipping the insane crowds of the holiday period. My son is 11 and has gotten heavy into riding and is starting to get fast, powerful, and confident. He's my main riding buddy and its awesome.

I am estimating out 30 days this year. I am going to Colorado Saturday, Tahoe in February, Mammoth in February, Mammoth in March, China Peak in March, plus local riding. I've got one Mammoth trip done this year so far and another was canceled because of SAH order.

I am 44 now so most of my riding is All-Mountain freestyle esque and all-mountain charging.
I still love jibs and the park, but I am really into hips, sidehits, and stuff that I can do cool shit on that does not require spinning. It starts to suck at my advanced age and I am not Chad Otterstrom.

Quiver:
21 BSOD w/ 21 Atlas
21 Gremlin w/ 21 Force
18 Slush Slasher w/ the old Rainier Custom House Force (if you cant tell, I am a Union fanboy)
20 Orca w/ 18 Falcors

Been heavy (and expensively) into a full quiver upgrade in the last couple of years.

Favorite current riders are Arthur Longo, Blake Paul, Sam Taxwood (all Vans, wow, dork) Erik Leon, Austen Sweeten (his skating is rad too), Max Warbington. All-timers are Jamie, Blaise Rosenthal, Temple Cummins, Todd Richards.

Yeah man! That's a big-ass quiver, haha! I'm no expert on US geography, but socal ro Colorado is quite a drive right? Just leaves me one less excuse not to get more days in...

Got an Orca last year as well - holy shit do I love that thing.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: January 09, 2021, 04:22:57 AM »
Expand Quote

Quiver:
21 BSOD w/ 21 Atlas
21 Gremlin w/ 21 Force
20 Orca w/ 18 Falcors

[close]

Yeah man! That's a big-ass quiver, haha! I'm no expert on US geography, but socal ro Colorado is quite a drive right? Just leaves me one less excuse not to get more days in...

Got an Orca last year as well - holy shit do I love that thing.

Im actually double masking and putting on a face shield and gloves and flying to Colorado this morning!
Orca is really fun! taking it today to CO. I think the only day for real pow is tomorrow but then Mon-Wed we will have some soft snow leftovers probably and trees to hit and stuff. Should be fun.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #226 on: January 09, 2021, 04:24:15 AM »
I think this is my favorite edit from this year, with Evergreen and Tangle coming in behind them. Big Band was fun too.

https://youtu.be/D-6gAxs2byM
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: January 09, 2021, 04:54:14 AM »
This is a couple of years old, but I forgot to mention Lenny J. is one of my favorite riders too. I've watched this edit like 50 times probably.

https://youtu.be/F4yGP431-Fg
ok thanks

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #228 on: January 09, 2021, 08:27:04 PM »
I've been out twice this year, not sure how long the season will last, it's been unusually warm for this time of the year.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #229 on: January 10, 2021, 04:50:28 AM »
My favorite thing, bindingless snow surfing. The Jones mountain surfer works OK, but not as well as the handmade ones.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJ3U0V7lSTI/?igshid=cho02yuhc6ev

Telly

« Reply #230 on: January 10, 2021, 05:08:42 PM »
My quiver
2010 burton nug 146(glass pipe)
2011 burton nug 146(Dirty glass pipe)
2012 burton nug 146(George Washington)
2012 burton nug(back in black) 146
2013 burton nug 146(?)
2013 burton me nug 146(Babe on dinosaur; none sword bottom
2014 burton nug 146 le(zombies)
2014 burton nug 146(Trees)
Burton Malavita
Burton genesis
I’m not sure on the years but yeah, it’s a great board and I don’t know what I will do when they are all broken.

spanyard

« Reply #231 on: January 10, 2021, 09:07:24 PM »
I kinda want a nug, but I'm more in the market for a forum street dweller.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2021, 07:39:52 AM »
Hello from Breckenridge!
I rode Steamboat on Sunday for the first time and holy shit, even in a low tide year it was SO FUN. we found powder stashes in the trees, my knee also found a tree, but thats a different story.

Rode Copper yesterday including Peace Park which tbh, as much fun as I have any time I ride, I found pretty underwhelming.

Back to Copper today to go fetch 20K vertical on my Cool Bean, just ripping turns, probably not much if any park, but we'll see. My first time on the board.

Do you guys watch Angry Snowboarder on YouTube? That's who I am out here visiting and riding with. Best no-nonsense, well-educated reviews in snowboarding, and despite his name, he gives back a lot. He's currently sitting on a stack of boards from Rossi and Spring Break to give away on upcoming LiveStreams. Great guy.
ok thanks

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2021, 10:04:08 AM »
yea angrysnowboarder is cool.  he is good about answering my questions in his live streams.

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #234 on: January 12, 2021, 02:38:43 PM »
yea angrysnowboarder is cool.  he is good about answering my questions in his live streams.

haha sick! who are you in the live stream?
ok thanks

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2021, 07:59:44 PM »
had a nice first ride of the season at sugarbowl today and snapped this picture on a blue

I really need a new setup badly...I'm running a fucking Burton Charger and bindings from 2001  :(

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2021, 09:18:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Mike g. Not a frequent chatter like bottledincork but you may have seen me.

I'm based in Denver and have the ikon. I'm down to go shred with any pals.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 09:30:26 PM by graypubes »

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #237 on: January 13, 2021, 06:53:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Mike g. Not a frequent chatter like bottledincork but you may have seen me.

I'm based in Denver and have the ikon. I'm down to go shred with any pals.

ahha that's me! I am the channel moderator. Were going to A-Basin this morning before my flight out.
ok thanks

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #238 on: January 13, 2021, 06:54:50 AM »
had a nice first ride of the season at sugarbowl today and snapped this picture on a blue

I really need a new setup badly...I'm running a fucking Burton Charger and bindings from 2001  :(

Damn! awesome pic and yes....snowboard tech and quality has improved significantly...time for an upgrade! Check Angry Snowboarder to get help picking new shit.
ok thanks

Space Cowboy

• Rep: 69
« Reply #239 on: January 13, 2021, 01:13:42 PM »
Living in the mountains in Canada got me started on a snowboard from a super young age, but when I had gotten into skateboarding in my pre-teens I just ended up craving to skate while it snows most of the year. Now I just go through phases of being hyped to snowboard, then later being bummed that I can't skate.

Still love snowboarding to death though, I wouldn't have started skating without the background of snowboarding all the time.