Author Topic: Dgk boards made in china  (Read 9822 times)

DGKALIS

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 533
Re: Dgk boards made in china
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2019, 09:56:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Decks made in China, depending on brand and PP are on par if not BETTER than some made in Mexico.

I like crispy Chinese wood and would take DSM over PSstix anyday.
[close]
And they will only get better because that's how china manufacturing works. If DGK calls their manufacturer and says something isn't right, they will change it until it is. One ASSumption I will make is that when Kalis says 'a percentage', it's likely a percentage over 50. They'd be silly not to.

Nah. See your always trying to sneak hate.
It’s not more than 50%. Majority is BBS.
The fucks wrong with you?

Get the strap

« Reply #61 on: March 19, 2019, 09:56:28 AM »
There's a chopstick joke somewhere. Do they get made at the same factory?

thrashersucks

« Reply #62 on: March 19, 2019, 09:57:20 AM »
What will you say when someone asks you what you did today?
Judging by your rep you're in here trying to shoulder in with the clique by carrying a torch after being an outcast. "And that's why I can't fucks wit you"

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2211
« Reply #63 on: March 19, 2019, 09:58:35 AM »
Expand Quote

Ok,well this has come full circle. Shut the fuck already,and step off your pedestal.
[close]
You mad though?
I'm so mad, but not as mad as you.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

thrashersucks

« Reply #64 on: March 19, 2019, 09:59:11 AM »

You tried to make it sound like all you use the china decks for is charity, I didnt let it slide, and now ya'll mad. The whole thread is right here in print. Deuces fellas, this was fun!

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2019, 10:01:35 AM »
Expand Quote
First you criticize DGK and say they don't understand charity for hooking up less fortunate kids with Chinese wood, but then you go on to say Chinese wood is fine.

I think you owe some dirty ghetto kids a dirty ghetto apology.
[close]
When did I criticize DGK? Did you even read this fucking thread? The point was that its not becoming to state that you give decks that are viewed by the public eye as less quality, as charity. You must be one of those people that think there are only 2 political views as well. I ask for no apology and owe none as well. Everything i said here was fact has been proven as such. If you are holding a grudge because I magnified a topic that i have insight on that's your problem.

You suggested they do not understand charity because they were using Chinese wood, and then you provided your own charitable donations as a measure of quality. Criticism.

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: March 19, 2019, 10:02:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
You tried to make it sound like all you use the china decks for is charity, I didnt let it slide, and now ya'll mad. The whole thread is right here in print. Deuces fellas, this was fun!
Before you go make sure you send us all an awesome blank deck!

thrashersucks

« Reply #67 on: March 19, 2019, 10:03:23 AM »
You suggested they do not understand charity because they were using Chinese wood
Your reading comprehension is sub par.

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2019, 10:04:31 AM »
Great, another troll. Slap has been really weak these days with all the newbies and random trolls.

SHIREFLIP

« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2019, 10:04:36 AM »
Expand Quote
You suggested they do not understand charity because they were using Chinese wood
[close]
Your reading comprehension is sub par.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Some of the new decks of dgk are made in china,the only good thing about dgk is his quality...
[close]

We use those for our Foundation... “Saved by Skateboarding”.
We do events in neighborhoods and give away hundreds to underprivileged kids.
[close]

If you don't see what's wrong with that statement then you really don't understand what charity is.

Also, if you are having decks made in China, which is FINE, don't lie man, you're selling them.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:08:41 AM by SHIREFLIP »

DGKALIS

• Rep: 533
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2019, 10:07:19 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I could only confirm what i knew. After looking into it.... i confirmed.
It was fun watching how you twist other peoples words into your own context though.
Interesting to see that happen in real time.

busch

• Rep: 74
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2019, 10:18:21 AM »
Don’t get too upset guys no one actually buys dgk boards

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2019, 10:23:25 AM »

Hey, maybe your friends don't ride them, but I have always seen lots of DGK boards in the wild, still do. They have a big following and people know the wood is good. Having pricepoint stuff and completes made in China is totally normal. If you're buying a DGK pro board, it's BBS.

@CVskateboarding

• Rep: -1
  • @CVskateboarding
    • Coachella Valley Skateboarding avatar image
« Reply #73 on: March 19, 2019, 10:26:02 AM »
Cant wait for the DGK X Ryan G Love photo decks tho!! Regardless of what wood it may or may not be... your wall or garage collection is not gonna purposely try to chip/break the deck then go complain to the shop or manufacturer.
@CVskateboarding

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2019, 10:28:38 AM »
So you focus thrashersucks and come out with this? Geez,hellbent much?

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2019, 10:31:13 AM »
The truth is that almost every brand out makes cheaper Chinese completes for beginners even our beloved DLX makes lesser quality completes for beginners. It's not even a bad thing, it gives kids a complete that is not as good as a full pro complete sure, but it's half the price and 100x better than getting them started on something from Walmart.

If you're a little kid who weighs 60 pounds, you're not gonna notice the difference between a Chinese deck and BBS. Props to DGK for giving kids boards, not sure how anyone in their right mind can complain about this.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 659
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2019, 10:42:24 AM »
What is going on in this thread?

The best I can understand is that someone is mad DGK's charity boards are made in China, even though he thinks China boards are just fine? Is that what is going on here?

Someone's first board doesn't need to have the highest end shit. I sold Powell's completes while working at a shop. The decks on Powell's completes are made in China and made of birch instead of maple and I had no problem with the quality of the product I was selling. These boards were for people who were learning. There is no need to give a beginner top of the line everything. If they stuck with it, they could upgrade piece-by-piece. (This isn't always easy, but it is easier than trying to collect the parts for an adult set-up from scratch.)

If we are upset about any company producing their goods in non-union shops with low wages. Ok, yea, the Nike model of production is lame and it is a race-to-the-bottom, but how we frame that issue matters. The point is to get support for workers and the cause, not to alienate everyone with confusing posts and attacks.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:45:47 AM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2019, 11:07:47 AM »
Kalis we love you!

Also, if thrashersucks is still reading this (I know you are), what boards did you buy and give away to kids? Don't tell me its your used boards, which is still great but its no where on par as creating brand new decks and completes to give away. China or not, it functions. I don't see a problem in anything DGK is doing for that matter.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Budgie Lasek

« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2019, 11:08:28 AM »

If you're a little kid who weighs 60 pounds, you're not gonna notice the difference between a Chinese deck and BBS. Props to DGK for giving kids boards, not sure how anyone in their right mind can complain about this.

I think that's^ the issue.

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2019, 12:22:07 PM »
My goodness all of the swears in this thread!
I had to let out a good cry after page three because of all the swears, to be fair it was a mix of basal and reflex tears not really psychic tears. Though I will admit, if I visualize the swears impacting the heart, I simply cannot hold back.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2019, 12:36:17 PM »
yeah i would be pretty bummed if these graphics were printed on crappy wood.

Roast beef

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -734
  • My daughter is my world.
« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2019, 03:14:38 PM »
thrashersucks is a cunt. Learn some respect. You are a waste of oxygen.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2019, 03:18:13 PM »
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2019, 05:19:31 PM »
yeah i would be pretty bummed if these graphics were printed on crappy wood.

Those are at least 3 years old. The current stuff is better

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2019, 05:33:29 PM »
These guys complaining about china decks only buy shoes made in América.  Ohhh it doesnt exist.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2019, 05:58:23 PM »
Just to clarify what "Chinese wood" actual means, I had thought perhaps from a dwindle video years ago that they still use the same Canadian rock maple or whatever, but the decks are pressed in China. Can anyone confirm if this is the case, or are they using different wood which is also sourced from China as well as they decks being pressed there?

I'd guess this would be a pretty important distinction. Also with how efficient global logistics can be I'm not sure you could assume making boards in China would mean they are older by the time they hit a shop necessarily.

The thing I think is important to realise with manufacturing anywhere, but perhaps especially in China is that you can get stuff built to spec, but that spec will determine cost. If you just shoot for the lowest possible cost you will get a pretty shitty result more often than not, but to think a country focused on manufactoring couldn't master pressing skateboards is insane.

Lastly, shitting on GDK/Kalis because they are giving away completes made in China, (oddly whilst claiming Chinese decks aren't inferior) is just such a cunt move, claiming that they don't understand what charity is, seriously give yourself an uppercut and shut the fuck up.

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2019, 06:33:00 PM »
Just to clarify what "Chinese wood" actual means, I had thought perhaps from a dwindle video years ago that they still use the same Canadian rock maple or whatever, but the decks are pressed in China. Can anyone confirm if this is the case, or are they using different wood which is also sourced from China as well as they decks being pressed there?

I'd guess this would be a pretty important distinction. Also with how efficient global logistics can be I'm not sure you could assume making boards in China would mean they are older by the time they hit a shop necessarily.

The thing I think is important to realise with manufacturing anywhere, but perhaps especially in China is that you can get stuff built to spec, but that spec will determine cost. If you just shoot for the lowest possible cost you will get a pretty shitty result more often than not, but to think a country focused on manufactoring couldn't master pressing skateboards is insane.

Lastly, shitting on GDK/Kalis because they are giving away completes made in China, (oddly whilst claiming Chinese decks aren't inferior) is just such a cunt move, claiming that they don't understand what charity is, seriously give yourself an uppercut and shut the fuck up.
For 99% of current skateboard manufacturers that use “Chinese wood”, The maple is in fact cultivated from Canada and shipped by boat to China. There the decks get pressed(and possibly heat transferred), and then they get shipped back to America for consumers(unless they didn’t do the heat transfer for the graphic in China because some companies do that back in the US). From a manufacturing/QA perspective this is the reason why Chinese wood just isn’t as good as American wood. It’s far too expensive to ship the wood by plane, and as a result u have to use a boat which takes a fucking minute from Asia to NA. During this entire period water vapor from the ocean parasitically seeps into the wood, and therefore causes shittier quality boards. Until plane travel becomes cheaper to ship this will always be the case.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2019, 06:34:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Some of the new decks of dgk are made in china,the only good thing about dgk is his quality...
[close]

We use those for our Foundation... “Saved by Skateboarding”.
We do events in neighborhoods and give away hundreds to underprivileged kids.
That's really kind of you guys , big ups for that.  :)

andocom

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2019, 07:15:50 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
For 99% of current skateboard manufacturers that use “Chinese wood”, The maple is in fact cultivated from Canada and shipped by boat to China. There the decks get pressed(and possibly heat transferred), and then they get shipped back to America for consumers(unless they didn’t do the heat transfer for the graphic in China because some companies do that back in the US). From a manufacturing/QA perspective this is the reason why Chinese wood just isn’t as good as American wood. It’s far too expensive to ship the wood by plane, and as a result u have to use a boat which takes a fucking minute from Asia to NA. During this entire period water vapor from the ocean parasitically seeps into the wood, and therefore causes shittier quality boards. Until plane travel becomes cheaper to ship this will always be the case.

Yeah thats pretty much what I thought. Although I wonder if the wood is shipped as veneers or milled there. If milled into veneers in China that is where the drying would take place so doubt the shipping would make much difference in that regard. Also if the veneers are shipped in standard containers they are sealed so not sure it would make much difference either way tbh. Its interesting though, I just have a feeling the shipping might not have have as much of an impact as the glue/pressing/drying etc.

andocom

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2019, 07:30:53 PM »
I think if you guys knew how to skate better, every little detail of your setups wouldn't matter as much.

Funny because in one of those videos it was Daewon talking about how he would only want the same board when they pressed like 5 at a time, eg he would only want the bottom one or whatever because each board would have a different concave depending on where it was in the stack when pressed. This was raised because dwindle had started only pressing single boards at a time to ensure consistancy.

Personally I am so shit it doesn't make the slightest difference, just find the details of the process mildly interesting.