Author Topic: Spitfire lock ins  (Read 4391 times)

jerrygurneyscream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
Spitfire lock ins
« on: March 19, 2019, 07:17:13 AM »
I have some lock ins that ive been riding for a while now but i feel like ive been having trouble on krooked grinds with them. normally with krooks i can stand right up and it locks right in, with the lock ins i feel like im more prone to slip out and noseslide instead. I heard something about flipping around the wheels backwards, as weird as that would look it might fix my problem. Anyone else have this issue?

Shalom

UncleRandy69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
Re: Spitfire lock ins
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 04:18:35 PM »
Do it my brother, Shalom <3

reverbtank

• Rep: 3
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 09:13:36 PM »
Would your wheel sit far over your axle if you flipped them backwards? Honestly sounds like you just need to get some conical or radial f4s.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 10:05:28 AM by reverbtank »

Chanel West Coast

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2019, 08:14:39 PM »
flipping them wont make sit them over your axle like the person above said, it will just look weir don the outside but function the same as a conical wheel on the inside.  I say flip them, I've seen quite a few people do it, would personally drive me crazy looking at the flat edges but it will function just fine.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 08:55:54 PM »
Might as well just skate conicals if you’re not gonna use the flat edge how it’s supposed to. I’m skating lock-ins now and do crooks all the time. You’re probably just not used to skating a wider wheel and need to alter your technique a bit

hangontoyourego

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 11:04:15 AM »
this is rad ! i mentioned it last year about flipping the lock ins around and i got kooked so hard . jesus man some people are so emo . then i got so mad i deleted my post which was dumb . anyway that’s all i got today

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 11:25:48 AM »
I had a pair last year and I rode them flipped in and they felt great

honey island

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 640
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 10:09:49 PM »

did you ride them flipped in from the start?

Gasstationgarry

• Rep: 0
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2019, 10:39:28 AM »
I had the same problem, I flipped my front trucks but kept the back cause I actually think they help on 50s
blob:https://imgur.com/99a29482-a4b4-4bd4-935b-d63d9db0e647

SpankerChief

• Rep: 2
  • Rob_Skate_Lurker_
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2019, 12:31:09 PM »
lockins don't alter your tricks they are for your tech wizadry grinds, the only thing they are fucky with are tailslides and noseslides that's depending on your trucks I find Indy's have a nice centered balance for wheelbase. Venture and Thunders give you a wider wheelbase but when sliding since the baseplate are a bit forward it makes the wheels contact rub all kids of wonky vs a conical or a radial. Haven't tried any other trucks brand because Indy's are tough as shit.
[ url ]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/mind_blown.gif[ / url ]

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2019, 12:45:24 PM »
this is rad ! i mentioned it last year about flipping the lock ins around and i got kooked so hard . jesus man some people are so emo . then i got so mad i deleted my post which was dumb . anyway that’s all i got today
that's skating man, gotta get up and try again

hangontoyourego

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2019, 06:13:37 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
that's skating man, gotta get up and try again
thanks for the words of wisdom . i’ll
keep checking your posts hoping for more dazzling insights .

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2019, 08:51:26 PM »
I got some, they definitely lock in for axle stalls and the like, but I don't like how they feel, maybe because i bought 55's.

ive done some crooks though and they felt fine, smiths are harder though so far.

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2019, 09:54:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I did, I just went back to a pair of conicals and they feel the same basicalynin my opinion.

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2019, 10:41:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah I did, I just went back to a pair of conicals and they feel the same basicalynin my opinion.

I thought people flipping their lock-ins inside out was a joke on here. Y’all really out here doing this?

Of course they feel like conicals when you flip them because you’re grinding along the conical edge. If the flat edge isn’t working for you, then that particular shape just isn’t jiving with your personal peferences. Flipping them inside out does not make them better or more effective. Just totally negates the whole point of buying asymmetric wheels in the first place

I’ve been skating my lock-ins for months now and like to do long grinds. The flat edges lock in nicely on rails and ledge but the wider width of the wheel itself requires a little adjustment getting into the grind if you’re used to skating skinnier wheels. I’m gonna go back to Crupies next for that very reason, wanna try something skinnier and see the difference

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2019, 10:56:12 AM »

I thought people flipping their lock-ins inside out was a joke on here. Y’all really out here doing this? [img]https://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/gucci3.png[/i

Of course they feel like conicals when you flip them because you’re grinding along the conical edge. If the flat edge isn’t working for you, then that particular shape just isn’t jiving with your personal peferences. Flipping them inside out does not make them better or more effective. Just totally negates the whole point of buying asymmetric wheels in the first place

I’ve been skating my lock-ins for months now and like to do long grinds. The flat edges lock in nicely on rails and ledge but the wider width of the wheel itself requires a little adjustment getting into the grind if you’re used to skating skinnier wheels. I’m gonna go back to Crupies next for that very reason, wanna try something skinnier and see the difference
but if you want a flat side for grinding, why not just skate radials/slims, v2, tablet shape?
There is never a point of buying asymmetric wheels...

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2019, 11:00:29 AM »
B/c some people like the rounded edges on the outside. I like Classics for this reason. Sounds weird but a rounded outside edge seems to let the wheel 'release' earlier on thing like 180 ollies and 360 flips. Also helps roll on and off coping and onto curbs. And a rounded outside edge slightly lowers chances of wheel bite. Just theories...  Classics and the Radials are my favorite... Lock ins would mess with my OCD too much as I like to reverse my wheels as they wear.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2019, 12:49:54 PM »
lock-ins aren't round though. they're conical, they have a sharp outside edge...

Lee Ralphs Dear Old Mum

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2019, 01:54:48 PM »
same idea applies... its less square and cuts away some surface area.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 483
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2019, 05:58:58 PM »
Lock ins are a cool gimmick and they work but I burned through a set less than half the time I’d spend on a symmetrical shape flipping them as they wear.

They were fun if you got money to throw around but I probably won’t buy em again